• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch | Hardware Review Thread

DavidDesu

Oh wow just realised I can buy Nintendo eshop credit via PayPal and use my PayPal Credit. Getting Zelda digitally then, to hell with the £10 extra it costs over online physical pricing and having to wait for it in the post!

Not sure where to ask this, but does anyone know if game saves are stored on the system or carts themselves? Or if there's a way to save from the cart to the system?

Buzzy42

Neo Member
After I read all the reviews last night I legit cancelled my Amazon Pre-Order.

Before you go all mental on me, let me say I was SUPER PUMPED for having a Switch on Launch day. I have had my pre-order in from the day you could pre-order.

I'm finding myself in the same boat. I LOVE the idea of the Switch. And it sounds like Nintendo has delivered a pretty impressive piece of hardware. But the reviews all sound like something is just missing, or a piece of the experience isn't there yet, or something.

I want to support this and I want it to work, but I still can't find that reason to buy in right now. I've read and watched everything possible and I can't find it. And I am scared because if I'm feeling this way, probably a lot of others are too. But it feels like it needs a hardware revision and some tweaking to really reach its potential.

I really wish the price were a bit cheaper, or a game bundled, or both. I feel like it won't take much to make me wish I had one. But I think I'm cancelling my pre-order (made minutes after it went live on Best Buy) and will wait it out on the sidelines. and live vicariously through all of you having an amazing time enjoying the system. This is the first time I've missed a Nintendo launch since.... the N64? maybe? It feels weird. :/

OmegaX06

wTxX1oX.png

Makes you wonder...

abbyabs

I'm finding myself in the same boat. I LOVE the idea of the Switch. And it sounds like Nintendo has delivered a pretty impressive piece of hardware. But the reviews all sound like something is just missing, or a piece of the experience isn't there yet, or something.

I want to support this and I want it to work, but I still can't find that reason to buy in right now. I've read and watched everything possible and I can't find it. And I am scared because if I'm feeling this way, probably a lot of others are too. But it feels like it needs a hardware revision and some tweaking to really reach its potential.

I really wish the price were a bit cheaper, or a game bundled, or both. I feel like it won't take much to make me wish I had one. But I think I'm cancelling my pre-order (made minutes after it went live on Best Buy) and will wait it out on the sidelines. and live vicariously through all of you having an amazing time enjoying the system. This is the first time I've missed a Nintendo launch since.... the N64? maybe? It feels weird. :/

I agree the release just seems rushed to me it has lot of potential, but as current WiiU owner who primaly cares about home console, i don't see a reason for buying a switch yet I would of liked to see at launch:

• Virtual console games
  • More Information on the paid service.
  • Price for VC games if you already own them on the WiiU?
  • Gorilla glass screen.
  • Video streaming apps
  • At least one game built from the ground up for the switch by Nintendo.

I am also wondering about a possible hardware revision...

Top Bottom