• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch is 3 years old, yet where's the Etrian Odyssey game (and ATLUS games in general)?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Aside from a fan poll asking which older games they'd like ported, what gives? There are nine Etrian Odyssey games in total (including remakes/spinoffs) and zero of them are for the Nintendo Switch.

My personal fav in the franchise is Etrian Mystery Dungeon (as I like that style of dungeon-grinding the most), but they're all solid titles.

Okay, so maybe this niche franchise isn't your cuppa tea, but where are the ATLUS games in general? Do they really need to milk the 3DS that hard while ignoring Nintendo's current system? Perfect system to port all those PS2-era titles (gimme Raidou and/or Digital Devil Saga).

lo zaffo

Switch will have Catherine full body. And this is unexpected and good. Persona Q and other JRPGs wil arrive in the following years.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yeah, it's disappointing, especially given how strong Atlus' 3DS support was. Incidentally, their games are exactly what I was hoping we'd see more of on a low-spec machine like the Switch. But at this point, I think they've released more fan polls than actual games.

Altus is barely relevant to me at this point. Persona 5 is a PS3 game and one of their ... three? HD games they've made, including Cathetine and Tokyo Mirage. They literally are so slow they're a whole generation behind.

Etryian Odyssey seems to have a very small budget. Hopefully they put something together.

cireza

Banned
Atlus probably changed a lot inside as they were producing many games for a handheld market that required small teams and budgets, and this market no longer exists.

You can already see that they were starting shifting with the end of the 3DS, were most of their games were remakes, unlike DS times where they were developing/publishing a ton of original games.

I think that they resized their teams to be bigger and less numerous, so this means that we are going to have less Atlus games, and probably less variety/risks.

Still Etrian Odyssey was a popular series, so a new installment will probably happen some day.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Atlus probably changed a lot inside as they were producing many games for a handheld market that required small teams and budgets, and this market no longer exists.

You can already see that they were starting shifting with the end of the 3DS, were most of their games were remakes, unlike DS times where they were developing/publishing a ton of original games.

I think that they resized their teams to be bigger and less numerous, so this means that we are going to have less Atlus games, and probably less variety/risks.

Still Etrian Odyssey was a popular series, so a new installment will probably happen some day.
Good point. ATLUS likely doesn't have the ability to churn out these games (on the same engine) every ~2 years like they did on the handhelds.

Top Bottom