• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch is entering “the middle of its life cycle” as it approaches its fourth year, company president Shuntaro Furukawa has said.

How’s that any different than someone one mostly enjoys Sony or Microsoft games? Why people acting as its wrong to enjoy Nintendo games?

If you don’t enjoy most Nintendo games then that’s your taste, it doesn’t make Switch’s games bad. I mean you accuse other people being “biased” but yourself “biased” against Nintendo.

Currently there are more exclusive I play on my Switch more than PS4, especially these days when Sony biggest focus is on their first part western games.

I didn't say you can't enjoy nintendo games, i said if he only enjoys nintendo games he's probably biased.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I didn't say you can't enjoy nintendo games, i said if he only enjoys nintendo games he's probably biased.
Again whats wrong with that!? It's his taste, maybe Nintendo has more games he enjoys, same way there are far more Japanese games I enjoy more that western games because they make more games for my taste.

If you don't like What Nintendo does then speak with you money and buy something else meanwhile I like most Nintendo games so I will speak with my money and support them, its that simple.

Last edited:

EDMIX

more gameplay focused then anything nintendo has released on switch. zelda BOTW is all about exploration the combat is trash, mario 3d world and odyssey can be finished with offering little to no challenge,

Most true. Those days of hard Nintendo games are over sadly. Its why I'd be 100% ok with a remaster of Mario Sunshine or 64 remake. I'd say the days of them actually even making hard games died with the Gamecube. Right when Wii came out, thats when they nerfed like all those series to be this easy, no challenge, everyone gets a trophy crap.

So I don't disagree with that remotely, simply that if someone doesn't like that, they are free to just play PS or XB. The current Nintendo concept isn't for everyone as its not the same stuff we remember during those 64, Gamecube days etc.

Again whats wrong with that!? It's his taste, maybe Nintendo has more games he enjoys, same way there are far more Japanese games I enjoy more that western games because they make more games for my taste.

If you don't like What Nintendo does then speak with you money and buy something else meanwhile I like most Nintendo games so I will speak with my money and support them, its that simple.

Nothing wrong with it but if you can't enjoy games from any other developers you are most likely dealing with a fanboy. for example i'm not a huge nintendo fan but i loved tropical freeze and zelda BOTW. now we are only talking about one developer here, to say i can't enjoy any other game from other developers is pure fanboy hyperbole.

Danjin44

Nothing wrong with it but if you can't enjoy games from any other developers you are most likely dealing with a fanboy. for example i'm not a huge nintendo fan but i loved tropical freeze and zelda BOTW. now we are only talking about one developer here, to say i can't enjoy any other game from other developers is pure fanboy hyperbole.
I mean even within Switch exclusive there are games made by third party developers like Astral Chain by PG, Mario + Rabbits by Ubisoft and TMS#FE by Atlus, you are enjoying game son Switch thats made by different developers.

I mean even within Switch exclusive there are games made by third party developers like Astral Chain by PG, Mario + Rabbits by Ubisoft and TMS#FE by Atlus, you are enjoying game son Switch thats made by different developers.

Exactly my point its just fanboy bias.

EDMIX

Nothing wrong with it but if you can't enjoy games from any other developers you are most likely dealing with a fanboy.

I wouldn't say all that. You ignore the possibility that they don't enjoy the game period. The developer might be irrelevant. So someone could like Star Wars Fallen Order and dislike many EA published games, no different then I dislike like 80% of Nintendo games, doesn't mean I hate Nintendo in general.

I never left the Nintendo, Nintendo left me lol

So I like the old school concepts they had and Wii era pretty much killed 90% of em. I only really care for Animal Crossing from them, but I'm an example of someone that doesn't enjoy most of their games and only really 1 or 2 titles they make. That might be how some Nintendo gamers feel about some developers like Ubisoft, EA etc.

Danjin44 Danjin44 Not to take anything away from your point, but the idea that it needs to be a exclusive is something that is questionable and telling. In order for 3rd party titles to do well on PS,PC and XB, they don't need to be exclusive.

So I don't really get this idea by the community, that the second the title is exclusive, its better. I'm not questioning if you indeed like Astral Chain or Mario + Rabbits, I'm more so questioning if those titles where on all platforms, would many of you actually pay attention to them? So I know you play many titles and publisher is overall irrelevant to you for the most part, but we all know a percentage of gamers exist in that install base that won't touch 3rd party titles that happen to be multiplatform. Like an usual amount.

Good example.

Lets say this game only comes out for Switch.

This game would have been listed on that classic Switch fan rebuttal. Goes something like SMTV, BoTW2, Animal Crossing, Bayonetta 3 etc So something tells me, if Ubisoft made that game ONLY for Switch, many would be listing it as if it was the greatest game of all time and even stating that this is the way developers should support switch etc. So for what ever reason, other people getting the game, seems to devalue a title to that install base, something PS,XB and PC install base has zero fucking issue over, as to why they move monster units on AC, Call Of Duty, Battlefront, Battlefield, Red Dead etc.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say all that. You ignore the possibility that they don't enjoy the game period. The developer might be irrelevant. So someone could like Star Wars Fallen Order and dislike many EA published games, no different then I dislike like 80% of Nintendo games, doesn't mean I hate Nintendo in general.

I never left the Nintendo, Nintendo left me lol

So I like the old school concepts they had and Wii era pretty much killed 90% of em. I only really care for Animal Crossing from them, but I'm an example of someone that doesn't enjoy most of their games and only really 1 or 2 titles they make. That might be how some Nintendo gamers feel about some developers like Ubisoft, EA etc.

but its not just Ubisoft, EA etc. its basically every developer in the industry other then nintendo, it's possible but it's much more likely the person is a fanboy imo.

Last edited:
I love my Switch. I’m glad Nintendo is aiming for an extended lifespan for the platform. I just hope they have enough new releases to combat the next-gen games from Sony and Microsoft.

Also, it’s getting real annoying to watch every Nintendo thread turn into the same “Nintendo is garbage” ranting.

Your point sucks here man, it definitely sounds like you're saying that criticizing the PS4 library means you're a biased fanboy, but naming some major flaws in the Switch library means you're just stating the facts.

I Think anybody would agree switch has a major flaws with it's weak thirdparty support. i can understand even people preferring it to say ps4 line up, but to say it has no games to play with the entire industry backing is laughable to me. on switch you really only have nintendo games vs the industry on ps4.

Danjin44

Danjin44 Danjin44 Not to take anything away from your point, but the idea that it needs to be a exclusive is something that is questionable and telling. In order for 3rd party titles to do well on PS,PC and XB, they don't need to be exclusive.
Because third party exclusives that design around Switch is better than porting PS4/X1 games that will not run well on the system. I own both PS4 and Switch and I was surprised how much I enjoyed Mario + Rabbits, it’s honestly only Ubisoft game I enjoyed this gen.

I like to see more third party developers make games for Switch instead of just port the PS4/X1 version to Switch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
I'm happy if this gen lasts those 6-8 years it seems Nintendo is aiming.

Switch so far has been the best Nintendo console since probably the SNES in terms of quality and quantity of releases.

2017 could end up being perhaps their best year ever, counting again quantity and quality of exclusives: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, ARMS, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (a port but look at how much is selling), Mario + Rabbids, Xenoblade Chronicles 2

For 2020 and beyond, i have several Switch games in my "most anticipated" list:

Deadly Premonition 2
Bayonetta 3
Shin Megami Tensei V
No More Heroes III
Metroid Prime 4
Breath of the Wild 2
Whatever MonolithSoft is working on

Last edited by a moderator:

Danjin44

I Think anybody would agree switch has a major flaws with it's weak thirdparty support. i can understand even people preferring it to say ps4 line up, but to say it has no games to play with the entire industry backing is laughable to me. on switch you really only have nintendo games vs the industry on ps4.
Weak third party support if you bought Switch to get PS4 and X1 games, I bought Switch for third party support like Bravely Default 2, No more Heroes, Bayonetta , Astral Chain and SMTV, Mario + Rabbits and TMS#FE. I don't want Switch to get damn games that I get on PS4. If you want games like COD or Battlefield games then you already have PS4 or X1 or PC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot about Bravely Default II, that's pretty cool Square Enix is pushing this series, the first one had an interesting style.

Rune Factory 5 also could be really cool if they return to full 3D and not top down.

Last edited by a moderator:

EDMIX

Your point sucks here man, it definitely sounds like you're saying that criticizing the PS4 library means you're a biased fanboy, but naming some major flaws in the Switch library means you're just stating the facts.

Agreed. I think he needs to just consider that he questions that library just as much as Nintendo fans question the PS4 library.

EDMIX

Because third party exclusives that design around Switch is better than porting PS4/X1 games

Why doe it have to be exclusive? What about that part some how makes it better? Could they not have a team to bring a game to the Switch that designs the game around it? So this makes next to no sense and its why you even see many publishers avoid the system with lots of their series.

How many people who own PS or XB or PC do you hear saying they won't buy Call Of Duty or Battlefield or Assassins Creed cause "Because third party exclusives that design around ___ is better than porting ____ games"? Those install bases support 3rd party games, they don't go around asking for Ubisoft or EA or anything thing like that in multiple threads to make exclusives for their systems for them to actually buy their games. So when the new Assassins Creed is rumored, how many in that fucking thread did you read state they would only buy it on PC, PS or XB if it was exclusively made for it ?

So worry that Switch gets any games at this point, don't ask for this titles to only appear on 1 system as if that is the key thing that would some how make it better considering it is the weakest of the 3. Them focusing on making a quality version should be what folks want, I have no idea why it NOT appearing somewhere suddenly means good...

Is the Doom port bad cause its not exclusive? Is the Witcher 3 port bad cause its not exclusive? I'd argue that is why many look at that community side ways. Its not enough to receive 3rd party support, but it must be exclusive??? Yet strangely those games sell well on PS4, PC and XONE? So I'd say, if you want exclusive content, ask Nintendo about that.

Like EDMIX EDMIX and Danjin44 Danjin44 said above, it depends on what kind of library you want and what kind of games you enjoy. Ironically enough, you yourself sound like a fanboy since you're using the SUPREME fanboy argument: what I like is objectively unquestionable, what others like is just questionable.

There are some games you can only play on the Switch, you can look for them on the PS4 and even with the "entire industry backing" you just won't find them. It doesn't take a fanboy to prefer the Switch library to the PS4 library.

Agreed. I think he needs to just consider that he questions that library just as much as Nintendo fans question the PS4 library.

i question the library because it has weak thirdparty support, it's missing most of the AAA games from the whole industry. I have no problem with someone saying i have a xbox one or PC and i'm not interested in sony exclusives ok great. when you say sony, capcom, fromsoftware, namco, square, platinum games, etc really so many great developers not putting there games on switch it's very questionable .

Like EDMIX EDMIX and Danjin44 Danjin44 said above, it depends on what kind of library you want and what kind of games you enjoy. Ironically enough, you yourself sound like a fanboy since you're using the SUPREME fanboy argument: what I like is objectively unquestionable, what others like is just questionable.

There are some games you can only play on the Switch, you can look for them on the PS4 and even with the "entire industry backing" you just won't find them. It doesn't take a fanboy to prefer the Switch library to the PS4 library.

again I never said that someone who prefer switch line up is a fanboy. i said you can't find games on ps4 to play you are most likely a fanboy. by the simple fact that they all the best Japanese devs making games for them, and also the western.

Last edited:

Danjin44

i question the library because it has weak thirdparty support, it's missing most of the AAA games from the whole industry. I have no problem with someone saying i have a xbox one or PC and i'm not interested in sony exclusives ok great. when you say sony, capcom, fromsoftware, namco, square, platinum games, etc really so many great developers not putting there games on switch it's very questionable .
Again, it has third party support from Square Enix, Atlus and Platinum Games and even Ubisoft, the bigger issue is that it doesn't have the games you want. Your entire problem with Switch is is not making games for your taste. Should I get angry at Microsoft for not making the games I want?

EDMIX

i question the library because it has weak thirdparty support, it's missing most of the AAA games from the whole industry.

I don't disagree with you, but the reason you question it is irrelevant. Someone else can question the PS4 or XBONE library for their own reasons. Doesn't make them anymore a fanboy or with some bias. Simply means you disagree on a few genres. So saying something like "if he only enjoys nintendo games he's probably biased" is a bit much as someone can only a enjoy a few publishers titles and not automatically be biased against other publishers.

Think of it like this, some soccer mom out there probably plays only Candy Crush, that doesn't mean she has a bias against Nintendo or EA. For all we know, she only likes that 1 game, doesn't mean she has played everything else and came to that conclusion.

Danjin44 Danjin44 Keep in mind, to Siekro's point, Nintendo hasn't done a great job in this area " Your entire problem with Switch is is not making games for your taste". Lets say that is his issue... Why haven't Nintendo in eons addressed this?

Like I've stated before, MS has addressed this BETTER then Nintendo. When MS wanted to beat Sony, they went ALL OUT! Bought teams, went to Japan, got Final Fantasy, KH, Yakuza and many more to release on their system. Many criticized MS for having a library that lacked many Japanese games, much diversity etc. Now XB is just as diverse as PS. That argument lasted for 1 generation, this argument for Nintendo has been going on for generations now. So I'm not saying folks don't have their own taste, I'm saying Nintendo as a company out of the 3 has done the least to actually address their install base in terms of theses genres. They have this "oh well, take it or leave it" attitude.

MS wanted Final Fantasy, KH, GTA and many more and went all out to make sure they had the same during the 360 gen.
MS wanted a IP like Uncharted and clearly saw that Sony had an adult market with their mature rated serious theme titles like The Last Of Us, Uncharted, God Of War and spent according to solve that problem.

This is just me but.....maybe Nintendo needs to actually address this.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you, but the reason you question it is irrelevant. Someone else can question the PS4 or XBONE library for their own reasons. Doesn't make them anymore a fanboy or with some bias. Simply means you disagree on a few genres. So saying something like "if he only enjoys nintendo games he's probably biased" is a bit much as someone can only a enjoy a few publishers titles and not automatically be biased against other publishers.

Think of it like this, some soccer mom out there probably plays only Candy Crush, that doesn't mean she has a bias against Nintendo or EA. For all we know, she only likes that 1 game, doesn't mean she has played everything else and came to that conclusion.

a few publishers fine, but thats my opinion if you only have a top 10 with only sony games or nintendo games the person is most likely biased, and i'm not changing my opinion on that.

EDMIX

a few publishers fine, but thats my opinion if you only have a top 10 with only sony games or nintendo games the person is most likely biased, and i'm not changing my opinion on that.

That just doesn't make much sense though. You could have a top 10 where majority are Sony or Nintendo and that bottom 100 is all EA, Acitivsion, Ubisoft, Square, Capcom etc.

That doesn't actually mean you have some bias against anyone...

again I never said that someone who prefer switch line up is a fanboy. i said you can't find games on ps4 to play you are most likely a fanboy. by the simple fact that they all the best Japanese devs making games for them, and also the western.

This is what you said:

I mean if you have PC or xbone you can easily say that. to say the ps4 has a shitty library of games when every developer is supporting it just shows you only enjoy nintendo games and are probably very biased.

What you're failing to understand over the past page is that your point really depends on the kind of game you want to play. Yeah, most of the AAA games won't make it to the Switch. But a lot of people really dislike the modern AAA industry so it's a fucking whatever anyway. The Switch has great support from indie titles, you have a lot of JRPGs to play and the occasional bigger port if you're a handheld fetishist. Those options might not mean anything to you, but it isn't some objective truth that the "Nintendo thirdparty support is straight up crap" as you said. It depends on the kind of game you enjoy.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Danjin44 Danjin44 Keep in mind, to Siekro's point, Nintendo hasn't done a great job in this area " Your entire problem with Switch is is not making games for your taste". Lets say that is his issue... Why haven't Nintendo in eons addressed this?
Because you cant please everybody, Nintendo has found their audience and releasing games for those audience and they are not trying to compete with Sony or Microsoft, based on how much Switch selling it working out nicely for them.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
Fromsoftware is the king of gameplay focused, you actually need to get good. sony games like bloodborne, gran turismo, GOW and spiderman offer a similar approach, they are more gameplay focused then anything nintendo has released on switch. zelda BOTW is all about exploration the combat is trash, mario 3d world and odyssey can be finished with offering little to no challenge, a snooze fest. now tropical freeze yea thats a great platformer can't deny that
Lol Fromsoftware the king? I very much enjoy Dark Souls, Sekiro and such, who said that I didn't? Gran Turismo is a racing sim, no beef for that genre but it had become stale for me even though I enjoy the classics. In GOW and Spiderman, every seconds I would be reminded that I should feel marveled and impressed by the fancy graphics, knowing the fact that I can't even sit down on finishing movies and tv shows I want to watch on the big screen, why should I bother with their story and long ass cinematics? The gameplay ranges from mediocre to bad typical busywork. Maybe swinging from buildings to buildings and the axe throw felt amazing at first, but nah to all the other open world wannabe bloats. I already see where the game goes, I'm not invested and I would not missed those games. But that's just me.

BOTW combat is good, it will only become trash when you just want to do 123 basic combat spam, like what you learnt in other games, particularly those walking simulators.
Mario 3D World is a local multiplayer focused game, wth are you spewing about?
Mario Odyssey, a Mario game with accessibility first in its mind, had numbly difficult challenges too if you really went up until the endgame. You just don't know, or cared enough I guess.

Quite the projection here.

but its not just Ubisoft, EA etc. its basically every developer in the industry other then nintendo, it's possible but it's much more likely the person is a fanboy imo.
Now that's just reaching a standard trolling reply.

Of course the ps4 backlog would be a haven to those who had never touched a game ever, though it applies to PC, Switch, even Xbone too. For me who had already tasted most of the mainstream genres and its fatigues, who very much hate the recent trend of MP games with their services and cinematic big daddies open world walking simulator, why should I be interested in playing on PS4 right now and investing on the platform? I can't even sit on the couch more than 2 hours without obligations coming, why should I spend more than half the time feel bored with what I'm doing?

Also entire industry ≠ not including PC focused genres and most importantly, Nintendo. I can't give a fuck about Sony right now, aside from celebrating the thrive of gaming industry, positively or negatively.

Last edited:
This is what you said:

What you're failing to understand over the past page is that your point really depends on the kind of game you want to play. Yeah, most of the AAA games won't make it to the Switch. But a lot of people really dislike the modern AAA industry so it's a fucking whatever anyway. The Switch has great support from indie titles, you have a lot of JRPGs to play and the occasional bigger port if you're a handheld fetishist. Those options might not mean anything to you, but it isn't some objective truth that the "Nintendo thirdparty support is straight up crap" as you said. It depends on the kind of game you enjoy.

Du
This is what you said:

with ps4 you get AAA and niche everything is covered. just look at the game of the year for 2018 and 2019 on niche sites like here and the other one those games are no available on switch the top 10 for 2018 only has one. available on switch 2019 has 2

Danjin44

with ps4 you get AAA and niche everything is covered. just look at the game of the year for 2018 and 2019 on niche sites like here and the other one those games are no available on switch the top 10 for 2018 only has one. available on switch 2019 has 2
The reason I got Switch is because lots games I want that PS4 missing especially when Sony kind of stopped making first Japanese titles like they used to more in to first party western games. I mean Nintendo has studios dedicated JRPG and SRPG for them which something I wish Sony had.

EDMIX

Because you cant please everybody, Nintendo has found their audience and releasing games for those audience and they are not trying to compete with Sony or Microsoft, based on how much Switch selling it working out nicely for them.

You can't I agree, but that doesn't change that they have yet to address this.

MS could only stand not having the mainline Resident Evils, Final Fantasy and GTA for 1 generation before they addressed that shit. So I understand you can't please everyone, but its clear Nintendo are in a situation where they are not even aiming to fill those gaps.

Massive difference. So with Switch, I think Nintendo needs to actually start doing this. Buy more teams, see what they don't have and actually fight to get that support vs oh well, you can't please everyone, I guess 90% of 3rd party series are ok to skip our system. That is just a piss poor attitude about this.

Reality is, MS doesn't have that attitude. They don't do jack in Japan, we know this....it hasn't stopped them from trying and actually trying their best to get deals like what you see with Yakuza finally coming to XB.

So I'm sure MS knows you can't please everyone, but they don't use that as some fucking excuse to keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over etc. They fight to get new content and fight to get install bases supporting them, this is just something you don't see Nintendo do. We know MS has plans for next gen to really try to beat Sony, we've never see Nintendo do anything like what MS is doing in hopes of getting more fans.

Buy some fucking teams, actually LISTEN to 3rd party developers on why they feel the way they feel about their systems. You can't tell me more games is bad and more developers is bad. Even if they don't wish to have 3rd party support, why are they not buying more teams like MS to even fill that void if they have no plans to get that support from 3rd party?

So Nintendo has a "we can't please" everyone attitude with complacency.

MS and Sony have a "who do we need to buy and what do we need to change to get your support". That is why both have been more solid in the home console space btw.

Lol Fromsoftware the king? I very much enjoy Dark Souls, Sekiro and such, who said that I didn't? Gran Turismo is a racing sim, no beef for that genre but it had become stale for me even though I enjoy the classics. In GOW and Spiderman, every seconds I would be reminded that I should feel marveled and impressed by the fancy graphics, knowing the fact that I can't even sit down on finishing movies and tv shows I want to watch on the big screen, why should I bother with their story and long ass cinematics? The gameplay ranges from mediocre to bad typical busywork. Maybe swinging from buildings to buildings and the axe throw felt amazing at first, but nah to all the other open world wannabe bloats. I already see where the game goes, I'm not invested and I would not missed those games. But that's just me.

BOTW combat is good, it will only become trash when you just want to do 123 basic combat spam, like what you learnt in other games, particularly those walking simulators.
Mario 3D World is a local multiplayer focused game, wth are you spewing about?
Mario Odyssey, a Mario game with accessibility first in its mind, had numbly difficult challenges too if you really went up until the endgame. You just don't know, or cared enough I guess.

Quite the projection here.

Now that's just reaching a standard trolling reply.

Of course the ps4 backlog would be a haven to those who had never touched a game ever, though it applies to PC, Switch, even Xbone too. For me who had already tasted most of the mainstream genres and its fatigues, who very much hate the recent trend of MP games with their services and cinematic big daddies open world walking simulator, why should I be interested in playing on PS4 right now and investing on the platform? I can't even sit on the couch more than 2 hours without obligations coming, why should I spend more than half the time feel bored with what I'm doing?

Also entire industry ≠ not including PC focused genres and most importantly, Nintendo. I can't give a fuck about Sony right now, aside from celebrating the thrive of gaming industry, positively or negatively.

Both GOW and spider require to learn the combat, try beating GOW on hard mode it's a very challenging games that requires you to get good and learn the combat. spider man also has fun and challenging combat, and beating the times challenges and perfecting the way you swing is great fun.

Danjin44

MS could only stand not having the mainline Resident Evils, Final Fantasy and GTA for 1 generation before they addressed that shit. So I understand you can't please everyone, but its clear Nintendo are in a situation where they are not even aiming to fill those gaps.
Because simply don't need to, you want them "fill those gap" because you want Nintendo be more like PS4/X1 and like I said my last post the biggest reason why I bought Nintendo systems because thy are different than PS4/X1. I simply enjoy most of Nintendo games and based on those sale so does everybody else, so I don't care it doesn't get AAA multiplatfrom games from PS4/X1 thats not why I bought Switch.

MagnesG

Banned
Both GOW and spider require to learn the combat, try beating GOW on hard mode it's a very challenging games that requires you to get good and learn the combat. spider man also has fun and challenging combat, and beating the times challenges and perfecting the way you swing is great fun.
I very much would if not there are better gameplay focused games with less limitations and bloats that I can enjoy. I believe most people would feel enamored on the story, cinematics and graphics first which cemented up their purchases on these type of games. Sadly I'm not.
Though I would not hesitate to recommend those two whenever someone bought into the platform. Both are highly respected flagship titles that inherently reflects the strength of the console.

Danjin44

Same thing can be said playing Fire Emblem Three House in Maddening mode and Playing Astral Chain in pt ultimate. I played both Astral Chain and God of War (2018) and post battles in Astral Chain is harder than anything in God of War that includes Valkyrie fights

I can feel how badly you want this whole "Switch has no gaems" angle to be true, but it's just not going to happen.

WildBoy

Switch have been disappointment to me.

After launch year and zelda, mario+rabbids and xenoblade 2 there havent been any games that I have really liked or wanted. Nintendo IPs are just too simple, old and boring (mario, luigi, yoshi) to me.

Dunno what did I expect, days of gamecube are in the past. (when they actually had competitive hardware and big library of good games)

And while it sells, IMO it sells shitty because it should be compared to wii + 3ds instead of just home consoles, as it is more of handheld with tv-out and now even pure handheld (lite). If it doesnt hit 50% of wii+3ds then it is a failure

Did you play Luigi's Mansion 3 yet? Astral Chain? Links Awakening? Those 3 alone have made my year in games... Let alone ring fit adventure, Mario maker 2
(Zelda stuff is an absolute game changer) and cadence of hyrule... Feel like it's the first time Nintendo has felt back like it did in the GameCube days.

It does not need to sell like a Wii and 3ds combined... It's a handheld you can dock not a fully fledged game console... That doesn't mean it can't have a library of games that rival or hell even beat ps and Xbox.... Star wars was a massive disappointment for me... Glitchy and boring. Control so far is fun but not as absorbing or addicting as Astral Chain was... It's also really shallow and lacks any kind of depth. Switch is a roaring success and that is undeniable! It's sold through 50m faster than any other console in U.S history! Don't sound like a failure to me!

WildBoy

Same thing can be said playing Fire Emblem Three House in Maddening mode and Playing Astral Chain in pt ultimate. I played both Astral Chain and God of War (2018) and post battles in Astral Chain is harder than anything in God of War that includes Valkyrie fights

Astral chain was my goty for its depth and fun and original mechanics... Apart from goose game most games I played this year were severely lacking in originality... All in all not a great year for videogames imo.

Danjin44

Astral chain was my goty for its depth and fun and original mechanics... Apart from goose game most games I played this year were severely lacking in originality... All in all not a great year for videogames imo.
Astral Chain was also my GOTY, I LOOOOVE the combat I especially love the boss fights and enemy designs.

Last edited:

WildBoy

Astral Chain was also my GOTY, I LOOOOVE the combat I especially love the boss fights and enemy designs.

For real! It's combat is a like a well constructed ballet when done right. So much finesse! An extreme slow mo porn symphonic light show of bright particle carnage - reminding me of the vanquish days...

Yes the enemy designs were incredible. So detailed and menacing. Looked far better than it had any right to on switch too... The mind boggles at what BOTW2 will look like when it comes out... Switch really is the little machine that could! Also that HD rumble use in the credits was fucking euphoric to me! Massive grin as they rolled! Damn making me wanna restart it...

Most impressions i read on the other place didn't like the game plus the aesthetic never really interested me. i doubt its harder then the final valkrie on GOW mode, that was one the hardest bosses ever in gaming for me.

I can feel how badly you want this whole "Switch has no gaems" angle to be true, but it's just not going to happen.

Not really i was gonna buy switch at one point, but i got wiiu and modded it, and after experiencing it. i'm just not into Nintendo games ANY more. the game were to simple with no challenge. tropical freeze was great, and zelda was one the best open worlds ever, but thats about it.

Danjin44

Most impressions i read on the other place didn't like the game plus the aesthetic never really interested me. i doubt its harder then the final valkrie on GOW mode, that was one the hardest bosses ever in gaming for me.
Oh its is, compare to that final Valkyrie is not that much hard to beat. Also hardest boss? I get the impression you played both Bloodborne and Sekro right? compare to fights like ludwig in Bloodborne and Guardian Ape in Sekiro, the last Valkyrie is cake walk.

Last edited:
I very much would if not there are better gameplay focused games with less limitations and bloats that I can enjoy. I believe most people would feel enamored on the story, cinematics and graphics first which cemented up their purchases on these type of games. Sadly I'm not.
Though I would not hesitate to recommend those two whenever someone bought into the platform. Both are highly respected flagship titles that inherently reflects the strength of the console.

I thought god of war story sucked. the combat i loved, and the exploring and finding secrets was fun. spiderman i was worried about picked it up for 15$, surprised how good the combat is, not on fromsoftware level but its pretty good, and traversal and story are surprisingly very good.

Last edited:
Oh its is, compare to that final Valkyrie is not that much hard to beat. Also hardest boss? I get the impression you played both Bloodborne and Sekro right? compare to fights like ludwig in Bloodborne and Guardian Ape in Sekiro, the last Valkyrie is cake walk.

umm no i'm talking god of war mode, the hardest mode, you have to hit her like a million times and 2 hits = death IIRC. Guardian Ape was easy after you know his moves and when he's vulnerable.

Last edited:
Not really i was gonna buy switch at one point, but i got wiiu and modded it, and after experiencing it. i'm just not into Nintendo games ANY more. the game were to simple with no challenge. tropical freeze was great, and zelda was one the best open worlds ever, but thats about it.

I obviously disagree with you, but hey at least you mentioned Tropical Freeze as great!

Danjin44

I would diffidently give a try if it goes to ps4 in the future, but like i said the aesthetic just doesn't interest me.
And thats okay, it's simply your taste, but it doesn't mean "Switch has no games" or "shit games" and you cant really blame Nintendo for not making games for your specific liking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom