• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Is Sold Out Everywhere, Drastically Increasing Prices

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Or if you’re quarantined with your family the one you can still keep playing and not hog the living room TV.
Not having a personal TV for every family member and up to 10 guests in 2020...

d45.jpg

jts

...hate me...
This is somewhat true though. Who doesn't have multiple tvs? For the price of a switch with a game you could probably buy another too.
Yeah but then you have to go to the bedroom or somewhere else instead of playing on the big living room TV and sticking around on the couch chilling with your game when the time comes. Multiple TVs is what multiple Switch docks are for :lollipop_sunglasses:

GeorgPrime

Banned
I know if I were looking at a potentially long time stuck in the house my console of choice would definitely be one designed to take with you on the go.

Cant complain.

Playing right now:

On Switch:
- Fire Emblem Three Houses

We got:
- Animal Crossing
- Mario Maker 2

We ordered:
- Trials of Mana will come later

Playing right now on PS4:

- Farcry New Dawn
- Kiwami

We ordered
- Kiwami 2
- PS VR with Astro Bots

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
Been like this in the UK since Christmas. A little trickle once a month, but that's it.

We had a big backlog of Lites (Because they sell like shit here), but even those have gone now.

VertigoOA

Banned
Depends on your use case and what games you like. Its perfect for my daughter for example.

Only instance a switch would be the wisest option when TVs aren’t plentiful. The other devices are cheaper, more powerful and have cheaper libraries. And in the case of gamespass... that’s all you need.

Keep in mind I will always think the switch is a rip-off comparatively.

games? Eh... I don’t buy that either.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Only instance a switch would be the wisest option when TVs aren’t plentiful. The other devices are cheaper, more powerful and have cheaper libraries. And in the case of gamespass... that’s all you need.

Keep in mind I will always think the switch is a rip-off comparatively.

games? Eh... I don’t buy that either.
Games yes. My daughter is 6. How many games on ps4 and especially xbox are geared towards her lol

FStubbs

PS4 and Xbox still the better value.

Depends on what you value. As an owner of a PS4 and a PC with a 1080ti in it, I'd say the only advantage the PS4 has over the Switch is raw graphical grunt. The Switch gets way more of my playing time than my PS4 because for me, it's a more convenient console with a better game library.

These days, Ring Fit Adventure is an extremely valuable game, for example.

Last edited:

Meesh

So I'm in Calgary, Canada and I've got one being delivered that I found on Kijiji. 500$, new and unopened.

I'll be getting the door with gloves and a respirator, don't wanna be gett'n down with the sickness.

Check Target.com for the neon Switch for in store pick up and see if your local store got any, many got some in today. If you can just get to the store when they open you've probably got a better chance of actually getting one. I'm pretty sure they will sell to anyone asking for one in store, so if you do the pick up in store online order, you have to hope there are still any left by the time they actually process the order.

Hurrrry.

Last edited:
Oh, the "our console is so popular we just can't make enough!" advertising campaign from Nintendo again
I wouldnt put it past them (or any of the big 3) but I think with Coronavirus plus Animal Crossing, they're legit low on stock.

Edit: Yeah I'm not going to get the one I just put in an order for. I'm watching stock at my local store and it went from 5 down to 1 in the last 20 minutes. Aaaaand they're gone. Sheesh.

Last edited:
So I just got a Switch Lite yesterday, I also have a launch day Switch as well, so this is my second Switch.

I setup my profile on the Switch Lite and added my fiances profile on there too, were both under my family account for the online stuff. I downloaded the cloud saved data from my original launch Switch and put that onto the new Switch Lite.

I have 2 questions, when I'm under her profile I cannot access digital games that I've purchased that she can play on my launch Switch. I get an error message: 'This user cannot play this software' Is there away around this?

My second question is, under my own profile I went to load up my digital copy of Catan on the Switch Lite today and its starting me off as a new player, even though I downloaded the saved data from the cloud from my launch Switch. Is there something I missed? is there a way to have my saved data from my launch Switch also on my Switch Lite (preferably not the side by side transfer)

I noticed the dlc expansion pack for Catan is also not included and there doesn't seem to be a way to download it off the Nintendo eShop, even though I already bought it and used it on my launch Switch. Any fixes for this?

Stare-Bear

Banned
Nintendo producing the bare minimum amount of hardware units of their consoles? It’s like the Wii all over again!

The classic switch has been hard to find since Christmas and now retailers that do have them, are selling them for crazy money...

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Nintendo producing the bare minimum amount of hardware units of their consoles? It’s like the Wii all over again!

The classic switch has been hard to find since Christmas and now retailers that do have them, are selling them for crazy money...
It is possible that we are seeing some delayed effect from the original impact that corona had in Chinese production lines. Even if intermediaries between Nintendo and the customer have reserve allocations, mobilizing the reserves to the front end is a logistical nightmare and even more so when people are not working.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
So what does this say? Everyone on lockdown is buying a switch or Nintendo haven’t made enough consoles before the knock on effects in China kicked in?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Called Best Buy, Gamestop, Target and Walmart. All in stock here. I remember when the Ps4 Pro wasn't in stock for a while though.

Top Bottom