• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch just outsold Xbox One worldwide

ethomaz

Banned
By December 7th Switch Sold 1M+ which makes its lifetime sales 42.95M

Xbox One lifetime sales is 45.24M. Keep in mind that it got released almost 3-4 years before the Switch
Yeap Switch will definitively outsell Xbox One.

But to say it already outsold is a big claim without any actual proof.

First the 1m+ is sold to consumers while the last lifetime data of 41.95m is shipment.
Xbox One sales estimates can be either near 40m or near 50m... nobody knows neither sold to consumers or shipment.

I'm honestly surprised it didn't happen sooner.
If it happened already.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Yeap Switch will definitively outsell Xbox One.

But to say it already outsold is a big claim without any actual proof.

First the 1m+ is sold to consumers while the precious lifetime data of 41.95m is shipment.
Xbox One sales estimates can be either below 40m or reach 50m... nobody knows neither sold to consumers or shipment.

If it happened already.
Yes, that’s correct buddy.

TacosNSalsa

They could at least double that by next month if they show and announce Metroid 4 for early next year. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Seriously Nintendo, just say something about the game ..why you treat it so bad?? A trilogy even! PLEASE! :messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying:

Aion002

When I bought a PS3 on the release of MGSIV...I used to think that no company could screw things worse than Sony with the PS3, because c'mon, the PS2 was a monster in sales.

Then Sony said: nope, let's not let this boat sink!

And the PS3 turned great!

Now MS in this gen, failed worse than Sony and just said: fuck this ship! I will go to services while a new ship is in the making!!

Anyway congrats to Nintendo, I will buy a Switch next year probably!

Daymos

So roughly 3 years to outsell something that was on the market 6 years. Switch is good. Fact is proven. Let's all agree and move on now.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Of course there is no numbers
Someone needs to be quick with that clickbait.
Sldo fuck reviewtechusa. Arrogant prick. Aint clickinh that shit

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Curious. How is it now that people know exactly how many Xbox's sold as people have been estimating since Microsoft stopped reporting? I mean the video gave a very....exact...number. Did they start reporting again?

Airbus Jr

Banned
Of course there is no numbers
Someone needs to be quick with that clickbait.
Sldo fuck reviewtechusa. Arrogant prick. Aint clickinh that shit
tenor.gif

Airbus Jr

Banned
Came to see if numbers leaked, turned out to be a butt leak.

So because you cant acept the report lets just dismissed it and called it butt leak?

Reality is dissapointing?

Switch last month
aprox 1.1.000.000 unit

PS4
aprox 530.000 unit

XOne
aprox 310.000 unit

Even if they deny this news..and lets just say theyre still behind...with this speed and momentum sooner or latter Switch are going to catch up wether some people on this forum going to like it or not

Last edited:

ROMhack

Why do they call it Nintendo Switch?

Cause when you play it you want to switch position with somebody who isn't you because it kinda sucks.

Not really.

Last edited:
I was expecting a tweet from Benji or Zhuge. Looks like Reviewtech is referring VGC numbers which aren't reliable. It wouldn't be all surprising, however, if the Switch has already surpassed the XB1. Nintendo launched the Mini earlier this year and Pokemon & Luigi's Mansion 3 sold large numbers. Benji tweeted that Luigi's Mansion 3 will have incredibly strong legs and will sell over 10 million in its lifetime.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Not surprising. I was predicting this since E3 2017 but said that Switch would surpass Xbox One in total console sales by March 31st, 2020. They did it with a few months to spare. Switch is simply on fire and can't be stopped. Xbox One has been pretty much done for years outside of Gears 5. It's all about XBOX 4 for them. Wouldn't be surprised if Switch eventually surpasses PlayStation 4 before if/when Switch 2 releases.

jaysius

Banned
Switch selling great isn't good news for any actual Nintendo fan, this is showing Nintendo and the industry that you can have a console with minimal 1st party support and virtually no AAA support and still sell tons of units.

Nintendo doesn't need any positive reinforcement for what they've done with the Switch and it's anemic library of great titles(yea theres Pokemon and Luigi this year... WOO). I rarely ever touch my Switch, I loved Mario Odyssey but that's about it, I'm not rebuying old WiiU ports for more money.

V4skunk

Banned
Nintendo is killing it.
Switch is the first Nintendo system I've owned since GC! Botw, Mario:O, Xenoblade2, Smash...
Just awesome games that everyone should at least try.
The gfx are impressive in handheld form as well. Sure stuff like Xenoblade2 has really low resolution but what do you expect when it's running old Tegra hardware?

Neofire

So because you cant acept the report lets just dismissed it and called it butt leak?

Reality is dissapointing?

Switch last month
aprox 1.1.000.000 unit

PS4
aprox 530.000 unit

XOne
aprox 310.000 unit

Even if they deny this news..and lets just say theyre still behind...with this speed and momentum soner or latter Switch are going to catch up wether some people on this forum going to like it or not
Noone is disputing the obvious but to what end does this serve but saying it out sold the Xbox one WW? All the dude is saying VGC isn't exactly the most accurate when it comes to numbers.

Ravix

Not really a surprise. Microsoft really dropped the ball this gen. I honestly can't think of a reason why anyone would buy their console. All of their "exclusives" are on PC and the Xbox catalog doesn't even compare to their competitors.

Nintendo just did something really smart, they made a console that's also a portable. It combined one of its best markets (portable) with its declining market (console). By doing so Nintendo solved a lot of issues that it had. Most notably its first-party and third-party gaming droughts. Not to mention it's affordable.

Top Bottom