• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch just outsold Xbox One worldwide

Here you go everyone:

If you are bored enough to subject yourself to it, go right ahead. Pay special attention to Nintendo-related threads.

I’m done with this guy.
Link doesn't work. Here's one way to fix it: https://www.neogaf.com/search/735115/?q=switch&c[users]=Zog&o=relevance

Also, this is just one example and it dates back to 2018. Note how the mischaracterization and miscontruing is done in the same manner as in this thread, i.e. making hasty assumptions of one's character or argument.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Link doesn't work. Here's one way to fix it: https://www.neogaf.com/search/735115/?q=switch&c[users]=Zog&o=relevance

Also, this is just one example and it dates back to 2018. Note how the mischaracterization and miscontruing is done in the same manner as in this thread, i.e. making hasty assumptions of one's character or argument.
Yeah. His post history is a treasure trove of butthurt, anti-Nintendo shitposting. The fact that he has the face to deny it is hilarious.

I’ve seen his type before, it’s old hat. Shitposts. Denies it. Asks for examples. Gets examples. Denies it. Asks for more examples.

Wash, rinse and repeat. Like I said, it’s an intentional circular argument trap designed to achieve nothing, waste everyone’s time and allow him to continue shitposting in the future. Classic troll.

Which is why I won’t engage with him further. Not only is it thread derailment, it’s a waste of time.

He probably had the nerve to report my posts, too. Hence the mod message. Too funny.

Gargus

Banned
Well duh, xbox one was a needles piece of hardware with very few exclusive games that were good and the ones out of those few good ones most were on pc as well.

Playstation and Nintendo are the only 2 out of the 3 with actually good exclusive games, playstation has considerably more though to me personally. Xbox has a tiny handful.

Microsoft should just exit the console market and become a game publisher.

I've had every xbox up till the xbox one s, but it will be my last one I ever buy. I dont have the time or money or inclination to juggle 4 systems and xbox is by far the weakest. So now its playstation and pc, with switch as the occasional game for me. Another xbox is nothing but a waste of money to me at this point.

AbZeroNow

Neo Member
As a switch owner I need my marching orders. Did Switch embarrass Xbox One, or did it get a head start on Series X / PS5? Someone please help.

Neither. Xbox One had a bad rollout, doesn't offer anything that is much different from the PS4, first-party games from Microsoft are kinda lacking in attracting gamers. Switch has had a great three years because it's both a pretty good console and a decent handheld and it has the usual amount of good Nintendo first-party games. Switch ports are a mixed bag, some are good and some are awful. Switch also has a strong indie presence (Nintendo eShop basically is the console equivalent of Steam with how many indie games it has and indie devs try to get discoverability on eShop). Xbox to its credit, has a good indie lineup too (Cuphead is proof of this).

Series X/PS5 will likely continue the same pattern in the next generation. Maybe Microsoft might benefit from Sony's censorship problems but Sony will still beat Xbox in Japan. Multiplats that the Switch gets will likely drop off once Series X and PS5 get rolling. But Nintendo will keep doing its own thing since it doesn't really compete with Sony and Microsoft on some things these days, and the Switch will likely have a very strong 6 to 7 year lifecycle.

Tigerlord

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Main thing that will decide US December Switch sales at this point is simply inventory<br><br>Shortages on standard Switch consoles is becoming increasingly wide spread. The Lite model is still in strong stock in all colors, but base Switch is becoming supply constrained</p>&mdash; Benji-Sales (@BenjiSales) <a href="">December 21, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Since I can't create threads, this popped up and is very interesting. I believe Benji used to post here on sales.
I wonder if there have been any retail musings this year?

Top Bottom