Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Joycon charging grip is arriving today and while I'm waiting on pins and needles for it I know I'll open it, be like cool and then go sit it down somewhere

New console launches are poison.

Mine should be here in about 14 to 16 hours.

I alternate my playtime between consoles and handhelds maybe 40/60 so having a system that can function as either one is pretty much a dream to me.
And it plays Nintendo games and has an impressive looking list of upcoming Indie games, both of which are largely responsible for keeping me interested in gaming.

So no form of digital game sharing is possible. That's lame, but not a dealbreaker, at least for me. Can you register your account as "main" on another console without a system transfer or help from customer support?

Also, I presume that having an account as main allows you to play its games offline. Is that correct?
It literally says you can only use software on the console that is registered as the active one for downloads for your account. You cannot download or buy software on an not registered console.

You can unregister the console though in the eshop menu.

Tomorrow at 7AM me and a friend will be waiting in front of the mall to get one! :D

With all those Zelda reviews, man, I gotta admit that my hype is through the fucking roof!

(MD)
Amazon teasing me. I don't actually know if it'll arrive today. It'd be awesome if it did. But I can't enjoy it until Tuesday... Busy weekend :(

EDIT: Just delivered. Wtf.

I can't believe we're finally here brehs....I still remember hearing the buzz about "Nintendo NX" back when it was announced and now it's time.....

Went from being against getting it at launch after watching the full unveiling live with folk here but aggressive preorder trade-in promos in Canada got me to buy into it. Looking forward to putting the console and pro controller through the paces this weekend.

That is if Amazon gets me Zelda tomorrow...

This may be a really dumb question but I haven't followed it much and can't wait to have it in my hands, but both me and my brother will share it. We can have two separate profiles with two separate saves for each game (cartridge and digital), right? My digital purchases will work with his profile on the same Switch, right?

Only 14 hours until I can go to my store, can't wait. Switch, Zelda, 1-2-Switch, and maybe a travel case.

Can someone confirm/infirm whether the dock can be set horizontally rather than standing vertically like it's always shown ?

The cable management cover seems perfect for that, but I haven't seen this aspect mentioned.

Can someone confirm/infirm whether the dock can be set horizontally rather than standing vertically like it's always shown ?

The cable management cover seems perfect for that, but I haven't seen this aspect mentioned.
No. And I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.