• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran Ran

C57c5ypXMAA-GYe.jpg:small

got mine all set up

Man I won't lie the more I see the neon the more I really wish I had gotten it instead of grey.

The Joycon charging grip is arriving today and while I'm waiting on pins and needles for it I know I'll open it, be like cool and then go sit it down somewhere

New console launches are poison.

Mine should be here in about 14 to 16 hours.

I alternate my playtime between consoles and handhelds maybe 40/60 so having a system that can function as either one is pretty much a dream to me.
And it plays Nintendo games and has an impressive looking list of upcoming Indie games, both of which are largely responsible for keeping me interested in gaming.

ekim

So no form of digital game sharing is possible. That's lame, but not a dealbreaker, at least for me. Can you register your account as "main" on another console without a system transfer or help from customer support?

Also, I presume that having an account as main allows you to play its games offline. Is that correct?

It literally says you can only use software on the console that is registered as the active one for downloads for your account. You cannot download or buy software on an not registered console.

You can unregister the console though in the eshop menu.

Does anyone know if game saves are stored on the system or carts themselves? Or if there's a way to save from the cart to the system?

Seik

Banned
Tomorrow at 7AM me and a friend will be waiting in front of the mall to get one! :D

With all those Zelda reviews, man, I gotta admit that my hype is through the fucking roof!

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
Got an email today that my Switch is on it's way! I already got Breath of the Wild today!

Mr. Iwata, I hope you are somewhere watching as your ideas and concepts make the World smile once again <3

Thank you.

guek

Banned
Man, I want those Amiibos. Maybe if I see any available tonight at midnight. Surely Best Buy will have some in stock, right?

Ryoku

AAZ9OEJ.png

(MD)
Amazon teasing me. I don't actually know if it'll arrive today. It'd be awesome if it did. But I can't enjoy it until Tuesday... Busy weekend :(

EDIT: Just delivered. Wtf.

Jerm411

I can't believe we're finally here brehs....I still remember hearing the buzz about "Nintendo NX" back when it was announced and now it's time.....

Pinky

Banned
Shipping confirmation and tracking# just arrived. Should be here Monday. Arrgghhh!! The wait is killing me!

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Guys, i may not be getting my switch on Friday. Can you hold up on playing zelda until I get mine. Thx!

Got an email today that my Switch is on it's way! I already got Breath of the Wild today!

Mr. Iwata, I hope you are somewhere watching as your ideas and concepts make the World smile once again <3

Thank you.

It's really too bad he never got to see how well BOTW is being recieved so far. :(

Went from being against getting it at launch after watching the full unveiling live with folk here but aggressive preorder trade-in promos in Canada got me to buy into it. Looking forward to putting the console and pro controller through the paces this weekend.

That is if Amazon gets me Zelda tomorrow...

Slaythe

Make or break my purchase :

how long does Zelda last in portable mode ?

I'm not really interested into playing the console in console mode.

im_dany

This may be a really dumb question but I haven't followed it much and can't wait to have it in my hands, but both me and my brother will share it. We can have two separate profiles with two separate saves for each game (cartridge and digital), right? My digital purchases will work with his profile on the same Switch, right?

Only 14 hours until I can go to my store, can't wait. Switch, Zelda, 1-2-Switch, and maybe a travel case.

Yogg

Can someone confirm/infirm whether the dock can be set horizontally rather than standing vertically like it's always shown ?

The cable management cover seems perfect for that, but I haven't seen this aspect mentioned.

unrealist

Nintendo seems to be sending out Switches to bloggers / vloggers too, probably a good way for social media exposure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxjXo_AQFfo

This iJustine seems rather popular with 3million subs and done 3 videos on it, mostly positive stuff. She appeared on my YouTube feed (there are tons, omg how do I stop it because I am afraid of spoilers).

Banned
Can someone confirm/infirm whether the dock can be set horizontally rather than standing vertically like it's always shown ?

The cable management cover seems perfect for that, but I haven't seen this aspect mentioned.
No. And I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Atheerios

Are there portable chargers accessories or stuff like that ? Or can you replace the battery on the fly ?

You seem to don't know anything about the Switch at all. I suggest to watch the presentation.

The battery is non-removable but you can use any USB-C power bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom