• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: March 3rd 2017 worldwide, MSRP $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

quick question guys. do you think it will possible to put the dock horizontally and just push the tablet in? I don't think I have a lot of space left for the dock to be vertical, specially when I have toddlers touching everything

There is nothing preventing you from doing so afaik.

ColdPizza

Banned
Everyone concerned about this price tag can sign up to the Amazon Prime Visa card for a $70 Amazon gift card. If you're an Amazon Prime member you can use this $70 towards the Switch and also get 5% rewards points back if you buy the Switch from Amazon.

After GC and 5% you're effectively paying $215 + state tax (that is, if Amazon applies the 5% before or after the GC)

Kibbles

Everyone concerned about this price tag can sign up to the Amazon Prime Visa card for a $70 Amazon gift card. If you're an Amazon Prime member you can use this $70 towards the Switch and also get 5% rewards points back if you buy the Switch from Amazon.
Damn my card auto upgraded to the prime visa.

Not like it's available to buy on amazon rn anyway but

I wish Nintendo just went back to making a console, controller and great games, no gimmicks, this is basically a Wii 3, disappointing, it's going end the same way as Wii u, no third party support and some good Nintendo games, they had to play with the big boys.

Shahadan

I am afraid that horizontally the connection will not be as tight and secure

This video shows at the 0:29 mark someone putting the console into its dock, it seems like something holds it in place.
Not sure. I would be careful with the screen though when docking horizontally.

Edit: again around 5:00, looks like you actually have to push the device rather than just slide it in like a Wii U gampead stand

I don't know where else to post this, might be dumb . If anyone is in the bel air md area. The Festival gamestop still has plenty of switches left for pre-order.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I dunno what to do... I have a semi-strange situation. I have a preorder with Best Buy in-store pickup, and a preorder with Amazon. Problem is, I have no idea where I will be living in March. I have yet to figure out my housing situation for February, and I feel like it would be safer to do Best Buy, but I would also vastly prefer the convenience of Amazon, and I have a $50 gift card with them. I refuse to preorder at Gamestop because I don't want to support their business.

So my question is, would it be stupid to send the Switch to an Amazon locker? Does the Amazon locker handle large items like that, and would it be safe?

Hey guys, silly question because I feel the region free situation isn't entirely clear in my mind and I've read contradictory things, which situation is the Switch in ?

1°) Totally region-free à la GBA/DS ?
2°) Nintendo games are region-free but not 3rd party ones ? (yes I've read this)
3°) Region-free by default but zoning is possible, like the PS3
So I shouldn't expect to import Persona 5 Arena

Thanks !

FeD.nL

This is a portable system and many people would be just as happy to only play this as a portable. If Nintendo released a set that was just the base Switch system minus the dock and joy-con grip it would be $180.00.

Remove dock: - $89.99
Remove Joy-Con Charging Grip: - -$29.99

Total $119.98 savings.

http://i.imgur.com/hJmDSRe.jpg[IMG]

Leave it up to people if they want it to be a home system or not. As it stands so far, I don't think there are any experiences that can only be had while the Switch is docked. Give people the choice how they want to enjoy the Switch. But don't force an expensive dock on people that don't care or have any desire to use it.[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking about that!

I would be in at $199,- without the dock and Joy-Con grip. Then you can also get rid of the HDMI cable as Nintendo. That means the box can be at least 1/3 smaller. Which in turn would mean that this SKU would be a lot cheaper to transport since you can fit in more units in a shipment.

Seriously why isn't this an option? I was really thinking by myself, I'm just not interested in the Switch as a home console but love the idea of it as a portable.

winjet81

$399 CAD is way too much... after another game, accessory or two, memory card etc, this will run $600 after taxes.

I was waiting to see how much it would cost compared to a PS4 and Nintendo has made my mind up for me.

I dunno what to do... I have a semi-strange situation. I have a preorder with Best Buy in-store pickup, and a preorder with Amazon. Problem is, I have no idea where I will be living in March. I have yet to figure out my housing situation for February, and I feel like it would be safer to do Best Buy, but I would also vastly prefer the convenience of Amazon, and I have a $50 gift card with them. I refuse to preorder at Gamestop because I don't want to support their business.

So my question is, would it be stupid to send the Switch to an Amazon locker? Does the Amazon locker handle large items like that, and would it be safe?

Can't you just change your Amazon shipping address before it ships?

yyr

a lot of words

You are like me, in the fact that I don't believe it would be a bad move for Nintendo to have released a more traditional console, with an ordinary controller and a more budget-friendly price. In addition, your idea of putting their nostalgia front and center could very well work for them. The high demand for the NES Classic proves that folks are still big on Nintendo's classic catalog. Why *not* push it a little more?

The thing is, though, regardless of whether it's a good move or not, it's pretty obvious by now that the old Nintendo isn't coming back. The new Nintendo, the one we have now, is absolutely hell-bent on delivering hardware that enables exclusive experiences, the kind that are not possible on any other hardware. The new Nintendo is the Nintendo that says "a new F-Zero? We don't see the point. What new thing could we do with it?" The new Nintendo is absolutely unable to understand that numerous fans would be very happy just having a new version of F-Zero X or GX with updated graphics and online play.

Some folks probably believe that this is a good thing. After all, it's this sort of thinking that brought us the Wii. And the Wii was great! Underpowered, sure, and I still think it's a shame that Super Mario Galaxy is not in HD (outside of emulators), but its easy-to-use, instantly-understandable interface changed gaming forever.

For better or worse, Switch represents Nintendo's continued, strong commitment to this philosophy. In my eyes, the fact that the package is what it is, the fact that it's $300 with no pack-in, and the fact that the launch lineup is thin, all basically says this:

"Hi. We are Nintendo. We have continued our trend of hardware innovation. We believe that our product is worth more than those of our competitors, and we have priced it accordingly. Developers, we are asking you again to please create software for us, but also to consider our innovations while creating games for Switch, and to take advantage of those innovations. Gamers, we are asking you again to accept that we won't have the fanciest graphics, or the lowest prices, or the most popular 3rd-party games, or the promise of backwards compatibility in the future because of our hardware's unique nature...but in return, we will give you Nintendo software."

For some people, this is a good enough trade, and they've already pre-ordered. Personally, I'm gonna sit this one out, at least for now.

Chitown B

$399 CAD is way too much... after another game, accessory or two, memory card etc, this will run $600 after taxes.

I was waiting to see how much it would cost compared to a PS4 and Nintendo has made my mind up for me.

Why do people keep complaining about "accessories" like they need to buy them. It comes with everything you need. If you want a pro controller that's up to you, but there's nothing else.

memory cards are like $30.

jax

Banned
I was just thinking about that!

I would be in at $199,- without the dock and Joy-Con grip. Then you can also get rid of the HDMI cable as Nintendo. That means the box can be at least 1/3 smaller. Which in turn would mean that this SKU would be a lot cheaper to transport since you can fit in more units in a shipment.

Seriously why isn't this an option? I was really thinking by myself, I'm just not interested in the Switch as a home console but love the idea of it as a portable.
Just sell the extra stuff. I'm sure a bunch of GAF would love to buy the dock and controller for $100.

The thing is, though, regardless of whether it's a good move or not, it's pretty obvious by now that the old Nintendo isn't coming back. The new Nintendo, the one we have now, is absolutely hell-bent on delivering hardware that enables exclusive experiences, the kind that are not possible on any other hardware.

this "new" Nintendo has been around since the 80s. NES did things you couldn't do on other systems. Nintendo exclusives were a huge deal back then and even ended up putting them in court. look at their other systems: N64, Gamecube, Wii. these all stood apart from their competitors with the same idiosyncratic Nintendo spirit of uniqueness and quality. this is what Nintendo does.

If Nintendo actually released modern home console that had similar or higher HW power to PS4/XBO pretty much all multiplatform games would come to it also

But Nintendo doesn't do that. They've shown it time and again, hence what I said. I did not attribute blame for why major third-party games would not come, I just said that they wouldn't. Thinking major 3rd party support will ever come back is foolish because thinking Nintendo will build an equivalent-power, standard console again is foolish. Especially when we've known about the Switch form-factor and power limitations for months. But really, my ultimate point was that poster knew good and well games like Red Dead Redemption 2 had no chance of coming to Switch, he just acted all disappointed to shitpost.

"Hi. We are Nintendo. We have continued our trend of hardware innovation. We believe that our product is worth more than those of our competitors, and we have priced it accordingly. Developers, we are asking you again to please create software for us, but also to consider our innovations while creating games for Switch, and to take advantage of those innovations. Gamers, we are asking you again to accept that we won't have the fanciest graphics, or the lowest prices, or the most popular 3rd-party games, or the promise of backwards compatibility in the future because of our hardware's unique nature...but in return, we will give you Nintendo software."

Excellent post and dead on. People need to understand and accept Nintendo's nature. It's okay if it's not for them. There's no reason to get angry or upset. Game on some other device and move on. Don't yell at clouds.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This is a portable system and many people would be just as happy to only play this as a portable. If Nintendo released a set that was just the base Switch system minus the dock and joy-con grip it would be $180.00.

Remove dock: - $89.99
Remove Joy-Con Charging Grip: - -$29.99

Total $119.98 savings.

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hJmDSRe.jpg[/IMG]

Leave it up to people if they want it to be a home system or not. As it stands so far, I don't think there are any experiences that can only be had while the Switch is docked. Give people the choice how they want to enjoy the Switch. But don't force an expensive dock on people that don't care or have any desire to use it.

Because those accessories are insanely marked up. A simple USB-C dock maybe costs them $10 to make, an HDMI cable is pennies, charging grip under $10.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
But Nintendo doesn't do that. They've shown it time and again, hence what I said. I did not attribute blame for why major third-party games would not come, I just said that they wouldn't. Thinking major 3rd party support will ever come back is foolish because thinking Nintendo will build an equivalent-power, standard console again is foolish. Especially when we've known about the Switch form-factor and power limitations for months. But really, my ultimate point was that poster knew good and well games like Red Dead Redemption 2 had no chance of coming to Switch, he just acted all disappointed to shitpost.

Well, they did better this time than the Wii U. Having Unreal Engine 4 support future-proofs the Switch somewhat. That means we get ports like Rime, Dragon Quest XI, Final VII: Remake, Kingdom Hearts III, and so on.

yyr

this "new" Nintendo has been around since the 80s. NES did things you couldn't do on other systems.

The NES offered a similar experience to earlier consoles: video games played on a TV using physical controls on a handheld device. They just looked and sounded a whole lot better. The D-pad was an innovation but the concept was still the same. You could argue the light gun, R.O.B., Power Pad, etc. but those were just optional accessories; they did not change the core experience.

SNES continued this; it did literally nothing different except push the visuals and audio way forward.

N64 and GameCube continued this as well. Nintendo gave us analog sticks and new controller layouts, true, but the core concept was still the same: games played on a TV with D-pads, sticks, and/or buttons on a handheld controller.

IMHO there was a massive and obvious change of course after this point.

Soi-Fong

Well, they did better this time than the Wii U. Having Unreal Engine 4 support future-proofs the Switch somewhat. That means we get ports like Rime, Dragon Quest XI, Final VII: Remake, Kingdom Hearts III, and so on.

Lol You guys are dreaming if you think just because the engine is the same, that you'll get all those games.

The Switch is vastly inferior specs wise to the PS4 and XB1. Unless a developer bends over backwards to port their games, it's not happening.

The amount of work to downgrade a game enough to run in portable mode will push away most devs.

UE4 has made game development easier, but the enginevitable can't put out magic.

benjammin

Why do people keep complaining about "accessories" like they need to buy them. It comes with everything you need. If you want a pro controller that's up to you, but there's nothing else.

memory cards are like $30.
It's likely a $420-430 proposition when you include a game and online play. And a lot of us absolutely do "need" to spend at least an extra $80 for an extra controller to play local multiplayer. It won't stop most of us on gaf from spending the money, but it's an expensive purchase for the majority of the casual market who will see it as a secondary console.

El oh el at the european price. I was pretty excited for the switch but now I'll just wait for the inevitable crash and burn/ambassador program. They are insane. And that classic controller price, holy shit.

I feel the exact same way . the price in euros in completely unappealing.

Of everything. Console , accesories , games... i'm astonished.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
It's likely a $420-430 proposition when you include a game and online play. And a lot of us absolutely do "need" to spend at least an extra $80 for an extra controller to play local multiplayer. It won't stop most of us on gaf from spending the money, but it's an expensive purchase for the majority of the casual market who will see it as a secondary console.

For me, it's the console and Breath of the Wild on Amazon. $347.99. Not bad, considering I dropped something like $520 on launch day of the PS4 for the console, Black Flag, and PS+.

Lol You guys are dreaming if you think just because the engine is the same, that you'll get all those games.

The Switch is vastly inferior specs wise to the PS4 and XB1. Unless a developer bends over backwards to port their games, it's not happening.

The amount of work to downgrade a game enough to run in portable mode will push away most devs.

UE4 has made game development easier, but the enginevitable can't put out magic.

Why? Are you basing this on any particular evidence, or just gut feeling? If DQXI can run well on Switch, I don't see why many other UE4 games can't. UE4 is already well optimized for mobile support, and there are fairly easy changes you can make to optimize for mobile, without giving up much visual fidelity.

quick question guys. do you think it will possible to put the dock horizontally and just push the tablet in? I don't think I have a lot of space left for the dock to be vertical, specially when I have toddlers touching everything

Wouldn't docking horizontally prevent you from using the back ports (which affects HDMI and charge)? I'd be concerned with the screen too.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Yep.

Not including the charging grip kind of stinks too. It's mitigated a lot by the joy con battery life being 20 hours as if you recharge regularly they should never be dead when you want to play on the TV (and can't charge while doing that without the extra charger grip. But still a mild hassle for those only playing on tv to have to move them back and forth between the docked tablet, especially it stuck in a tv cabinet and not super easy to get to etc.

The thing is, though, regardless of whether it's a good move or not, it's pretty obvious by now that the old Nintendo isn't coming back. The new Nintendo, the one we have now, is absolutely hell-bent on delivering hardware that enables exclusive experiences, the kind that are not possible on any other hardware. The new Nintendo is the Nintendo that says "a new F-Zero? We don't see the point. What new thing could we do with it?" The new Nintendo is absolutely unable to understand that numerous fans would be very happy just having a new version of F-Zero X or GX with updated graphics and online play.

Some folks probably believe that this is a good thing. After all, it's this sort of thinking that brought us the Wii. And the Wii was great! Underpowered, sure, and I still think it's a shame that Super Mario Galaxy is not in HD (outside of emulators), but its easy-to-use, instantly-understandable interface changed gaming forever.

For better or worse, Switch represents Nintendo's continued, strong commitment to this philosophy. In my eyes, the fact that the package is what it is, the fact that it's $300 with no pack-in, and the fact that the launch lineup is thin, all basically says this:

For some people, this is a good enough trade, and they've already pre-ordered. Personally, I'm gonna sit this one out, at least for now.

They're full of shit with their exclusive experiences though. All those Wii U exclusive experiences? Now play them on Switch but with X button to show your map! Or on 3DS! Half their games work with one stick and a couple buttons for christ sake. Mario Kart, Mario, Zelda, they're all traditional experiences with slightly snazzier graphics, games that have appeared on standard consoles and controllers throughout the ages. Even the best use of Wii U Gamepad, Mario Maker will get repurposed for Switch. And you know what, if they had no choice they could freaking do it on PS4 with the touch pad as well. I can't think of anything not lewd to say about the fucking milk game, sorry. I can do that without a controller thanks. Woops.

The complete underuse of the Wii U Gamepad, even by them, shows how "creatively bankrupt" they are these days. Happy to tart up (almost) a 2D Mario game over and over, along with 10 or so other platformers when what they need to be doing is delivering the strong variety of genres and franchises covering a broader audience that they were doing in the SNES and N64 and even Gamecube era.

With the Wii, they started with the remote as a Gamecube accessory and back then, i thought they made the right choice to adapt it into new hardware. Because it had to be front and centre and obvious what it did, or else it'd be another Bongos, Gamecube Microphone, GBA adapter.... once off tricks.

With the Switch, their innovation is not front and centre. This mystical rumble frankly no one will even realise is there, probably won't understand unless they play one (which they probably won't), and a feature that will end up a cursory inclusion in a few chunks of bonus levels here and there, and forgotten by the time they cart out their next load of crap.

The "Switch" aspect is like, a PSP with component cables. Literally all Sony has to do is release a HDMI dock (the Vita was gonna have a port for this!) and let Dual Shock 4's communicate with it, and they have basically the same shit. And no one thinks motion controls are innovative any more.

yyr

Why? Are you basing this on any particular evidence, or just gut feeling? If DQXI can run well on Switch, I don't see why many other UE4 games can't.

As a hobbyist dev I can tell you this: an engine is just an engine. What you do with it is entirely up to you. You can use Unity, or UE4, or any of these, to design a game that consists of twelve polygons, or twelve billion, or anything in between. Yes, there are some scaling features in modern engines that can be taken advantage of. But there's more to it than that.

Let's say PS4 is your lead platform, and you design a scene that consists of models and environments comprising 80 million triangles, plus we want effects, such as anti-aliasing. In this scenario, let's say that we're targeting 60fps, and we find that PS4 can render this at 1080p/60fps reliably.

Now, we all know that XB1 is a bit less powerful. Yes, it can run the same engine, but the graphics hardware just doesn't push the same number of triangles. We can run the same scene as is if we want to, because the engine is the same...but maybe we only get 40-50 fps. If we're not OK with the reduced framerate, we can use things such as lower/dynamic resolution, reduce or turn off anti-aliasing, make shadows less complex, etc. to get back to 60fps. Many multiplatform games do this nowadays. Digital Foundry videos do a great job of explaining the differences.

I don't know if we have hard numbers to tell us how less powerful Switch actually is, but if there's a significant enough drop in hardware power, these tricks are not enough. For example, of course a PC can run the same engine, but if you put a 10-year-old graphics card in it, it's not going to be able to run our scene at a framerate that's even close to acceptable. Reducing resolution or turning off effects is not going to help much. We will actually need to reduce the complexity of our scene, and possibly, every scene in our game.

Unless the game is designed from the ground up with this sort of scenario in mind (and sometimes, even if it is), this represents an enormous amount of effort. It's the sort of undertaking that causes a publisher to ask, "Is the size of the intended audience large enough to justify this undertaking?"

As a hobbyist dev I can tell you this: an engine is just an engine. What you do with it is entirely up to you. You can use Unity, or UE4, or any of these, to design a game that consists of twelve polygons, or twelve billion, or anything in between. Yes, there are some scaling features in modern engines that can be taken advantage of. But there's more to it than that.

But let's say PS4 is your lead platform, and you design a scene that consists of models and environments comprising 80 million triangles, plus we want effects, such as anti-aliasing. In this scenario, let's say that we're targeting 60fps, and we find that PS4 can render this at 1080p/60fps reliably.

Now, we all know that XB1 is a bit less powerful. Yes, it can run the same engine, but the graphics hardware just doesn't push the same number of triangles. We can run the same scene as is if we want to, because the engine is the same...but maybe we only get 40-50 fps. If we're not OK with the reduced framerate, we can use things such as lower/dynamic resolution, reduce or turn off anti-aliasing, make shadows less complex, etc. to get back to 60fps. Many multiplatform games do this nowadays. Digital Foundry videos do a great job of explaining the differences.

I don't know if we have hard numbers to tell us how less powerful Switch actually is, but if there's a significant enough drop in hardware power, these tricks are not enough. For example, of course a PC can run the same engine, but if you put a 10-year-old graphics card in it, it's not going to be able to run our scene at a framerate that's even close to acceptable. Reducing resolution or turning off effects is not going to help much. We will actually need to reduce the complexity of our scene, and possibly, every scene in our game.

Unless the game is designed from the ground up with this sort of scenario in mind (and sometimes, even if it is), this represents an enormous amount of effort. It's the sort of undertaking that causes a publisher to ask, "Is the size of the intended audience large enough to justify this undertaking?"

Yeah, people expecting much third party support are lying to themselves.

Revas

I'm actually a little surprised to read so many negative views on the Switch. I think the hardware is pretty neat even if it's $50 more than I personally think it should be. Games like Zelda at launch and Mario this holiday will probably drive sales enough to generate interest from 3rd parties. At that point I think there's reason to be optimistic about how well it'll do. Leveraging their handheld dominance into the home console market can be a masterstroke.

Trago

I'm actually a little surprised to read so many negative views on the Switch. I think the hardware is pretty neat even if it's $50 more than I personally think it should be. Games like Zelda at launch and Mario this holiday will probably drive sales enough to generate interest from 3rd parties. At that point I think there's reason to be optimistic about how well it'll do. Leveraging their handheld dominance into the home console market can be a masterstroke.

For me, it's less about the hardware and more about the lineup of games. Assuming that nothing gets delayed, there's not a whole lot to look forward to. After Zelda, it's gonna be dry over the next few months. If these games were launching closer together, then my view would be different.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
For me, it's less about the hardware and more about the lineup of games. Assuming that nothing gets delayed, there's not a whole lot to look forward to. After Zelda, it's gonna be dry over the next few months. If these games were launching closer together, then my view would be different.

That's the thing tho... it's not gonna be that dry. ARMS, MK8:Deluxe, Snipperclips, Binding of Isaac, Stardew Valley, Shovel Knight... leading up to Splatoon 2. Much better than Wii U and 3DS first 6 months.

Am I allowed to change it at any point before it ships? I don't want to lose the preorder.

I know that changing the payment info at the last minute has resulted in Amazon canceling orders. I haven't heard anything about changing addresses. You should be good, but to be safe, I'd say change it by the Feb 20.

Trago

That's the thing tho... it's not gonna be that dry. ARMS, MK8:Deluxe, Snipperclips, Binding of Isaac, Stardew Valley, Shovel Knight... leading up to Splatoon 2. Much better than Wii U and 3DS first 6 months.

I think by the time Mario is out, the lineup of exclusives should be strong enough. This is assuming that there are no delays and Pokemon Stars is released.

Soi-Fong

Binding of Isaac, Stardew Valley and Shovel Knight are games I can play right now. I can't believe you're even putting that in the list.

Playing them on the Switch is no different than on the PC or PS4.

It's pretty effing dry. I hope to God Nintendo fans aren't just trying to make excuses.

The only reason I'm even looking at the Switch is because of Xenoblade.

fritolay

There is reason mobile games are growing. Already have the system, so price of system, and games.

Nintendo is pricing themselves away from younger audience and will hurt long run.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
That's a terrible lineup dude come on.

I'm not saying it's great, just better than the 3DS / Wii U first 6 months.

fF7LEMf.jpg

Soi-Fong

I'm not saying it's great, just better than the 3DS / Wii U first 6 months.

OK here's another question for you. With how DRY it's been for Wii U from Nintendo themselves, what the hell have they been doing with their studios for these past few years?

I would think they would have prepared their launch lineup more.

Oare

IMHO there was a massive and obvious change of course after this point.

Oh, so the Wii wasn't about "video games played on a TV using physical controls on a handheld device"?

Also, the very first iteration of the Famicom back in 1983 had a damn microphone built directly into controller 2.
Useless gimmicks have always been part of Nintendo's DNA.

And since you mention optional accessories, Famicom 3D System says hi.

renzolama

People do realize that Splatoon "2" is just a port with a DLC's worth of new content, right? Here are the details from Nintendo's product page:

• New weapons – New dual-wielding Splat Dualies join the action, complete with a new Dodge Roll move. Mainstays like the Splat Roller and Splat Charger have also been remixed to include new gameplay mechanics and brand-new special weapons.
  • Local and Online Multiplayer – In a first for the series, compete in local multiplayer Turf War battles, whether in TV mode or on-the-go in handheld or tabletop modes. Online battles also make a return.
  • New ways to play – Play using the Joy-Con controllers or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, both of which allow for gyro controls for better aiming and control.
  • New Trends – Two years have passed since the release of Splatoon in real life, and two years have also passed in the game world. Some familiar characters return under different circumstances, and new characters are introduced as well.
  • Fresh Updates - Similar to Splatoon for Wii U, updates will roll out post-launch, adding new content.
  • Smart Device Support – An upcoming smart-phone application for the Nintendo Switch system will enhance matchmaking and allow for voice chat options.
  • Turf War – Iconic 4 vs. 4 Turf War battles return. The goal is to splat ink on as much territory as possible, while strategically submerging yourself in your team's colors and blasting your enemies.
Look at the language here and count how many times you see words like "return", "remix", "similar". Splatoon 2 is a port of Splatoon with modified support for some of the Switch hardware functionality, new skins, a one or two new mechanics. For gods sake, 30% of the feature text is just re-describing the original Splatoon - "Hey, remember this thing from splatoon? We're doing that again!" This has to be one of the skeeziest, most intentionally deceptive marketing campaigns I've ever seen - calling an enhanced port a sequel just for marketing purposes is maybe the most creatively bankrupt move I've seen from a publisher in quite awhile.

Edit: It sounds like I just have unrealistic expectations for sequels. Lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom