• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch "new experience" Teased

Murdoch

Only Nintendo could release a peripheral for its old (sic) console and release it's brand new handheld the week later. I adore them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Only Nintendo could release a peripheral for its old (sic) console and release it's brand new handheld the week later. I adore them.
That kept me scratching my head too. Well shit, how are Switch Lite users going to use this thing?

iconmaster

Banned
giphy.gif

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Yay, more shit that people will find in the back of the cupboard in ten years and think..

'Gah, more shit i've horded, I'll chuck it down Oxfam in the morning, maybe they'll have it'

stranno

I guess it will just register the linear motion and the spatial position using both Joycon's sixaxis MEMS.

And when you stretch the ring you are just pressing SL and SR.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
That's true, but I think the novelty of having a console with peripherals that get players moving has long worn off.
Personally, this is something I've wanted from Nintendo since Wii Fit came out: a more active motion-based game, but not as focused on fitness and instead using the maneuvers for games, too. This looks like it could be the heir to both Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit at the same time, but I could be wrong. ARMS was a good spiritual successor to Boxing. I'd like to see Nintendo refine their old Wii ideas on the Switch since the motion hardware is better.

The Hermit

I thought it was a joke after watching for a while until I saw it is on Nintendo's official youtube channel.

Don't get me wrong, It's nice to have new ways to play games, but this teaser looks ridiculous.
Me too, I thought it was a troll.

And I will buy this, I am a sucker for this kind of stuff *looks a Fit Board*

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Are joycons not compatible with the lite? If so that is even lamer than no video out.
I guess they would be, wirelessly? They won't slide into the console itself (the joycons aren't detachable) so I guess you will be able to sync extra ones with the sync button.

*Sold separately

Pejo

This has some meme potential, but nothing that beats that guy munching the invisible burger with the controller near his mouth from 1-2 Switch.

*edit* - here we go:

Last edited:
From Nintendo’s website:

Game Compatibility
Nintendo Switch Lite can play the games in the Nintendo Switch library that support handheld mode.
For games that do not support handheld mode, players can wirelessly connect compatible controllers (sold separately) to Nintendo Switch Lite. If using separate Joy-Con controllers, users will need to have a device to recharge them, such as the Joy-Con Charging Grip.

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/compare/#game-compatibility

So, if you have a Lite, you would link Joy-Cons as necessary.

Last edited:

bobone

This has some meme potential, but nothing that beats that guy munching the invisible burger with the controller near his mouth from 1-2 Switch.

*edit* - here we go:

I can't believe I forgot about that one.
Man Nintendo is something else after feasting on that Wii money.

Nintendo make the best games in the industry... But their commercials have always been ass and cringe to levels that shouldn't exist. I'll stick to their games and console, not these ads for gimmicks.

Top Bottom