• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: new Fimrware update available (Ver. 2.2.0)

L~A

New Firmware update available, bring the console to Ver. 2.2.0.

Judging by how fast the update downloaded for me (literally 5s), I'm going to assume it's just a pure stability update.

Will add patchnotes when available.

Edit: nvm, JP support website confirms it's just stability, so yeah...
Edit 2:

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience

There you go.

Neoxon

53364516.jpg

Hopefully Nintendo actually puts out the patch notes, soon.

Solo Act

53364516.jpg

Hopefully Nintendo actually puts out the patch notes, soon.

You should change that picture to "pleasantness updates".

Maybe we can also get a GIF of something similar to the MIT student kicking the 4 legged robot with a tag line "Pleasant as f*"? (only have the GIF be something, you know, pleasant)

t hicks

Banned
I've been having some connection issues with the e-shop and some games all day, but they seemed to be solved now by this update. Took a minute to connect to download the update though

L~A

Is this why i couldn't connect to the e-shop on the Switch?

When did this happen? Shouldn't have been any maintenance today.

I've been having some connection issues with the e-shop and some games all day, but they seemed to be solved now by this update. Took a minute to connect to download the update though

The Nintendo Switch is known for having a weird, one-time (as in, it's fixed after applying the "fix" once... which simply consists in rebooting the console) issue with internet connection. It may be simply that, since updating the console basically reboots it. Not sure the update itself fixed it, though maybe the update DOES fix the issue in the long term (probably a simple fix, which would explain why the update was so small).

Hope this finally fixes the constant channel switching in sleep mode.

I thought my HDMI switcher was going, but turns out it was the damn switch in sleep mode messing with my Tv! I Really hope they fix this, as I gotta re plug in the HDMI when I wanna play the switch on the TV now #Firstworldproblems

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Hope this finally fixes the constant channel switching in sleep mode.

I hope so, too. It causes my LG TV to show a popup which is super annoying.

I thought my HDMI switcher was going, but turns out it was the damn switch in sleep mode messing with my Tv! I Really hope they fix this, as I gotta re plug in the HDMI when I wanna play the switch on the TV now #Firstworldproblems

Seems like they fixed that.

At least I've been using my TV with the Switch being in sleep mode without issues for about 30 minutes.

/edit: Nope, the glitch is still there... -.-

Top Bottom