• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Online app now available on most Google Play and App Stores

Cerium

https://twitter.com/vooksdotnet/status/887485600688857088/photo/1

DFD7aP8VoAA3css.jpg
DFD7aUdVoAA7pDj.jpg
Other regions imminent presumably.

Oh cool its on NA app store

just go through Nintendo's "other apps" by clicking their name

nooooooo server maintenance (or its overloaded who knows!)

I am still coming to grips with this thing still being a thing.

Is there any way that this is just some shitty stop gap solution until something better is done at hardware level?

_Ryo_

Disclaimer: I do not own a Switch.

So... I am wondering, is each game specific service downloaded locally to your phone or is it more like a webapp/webportal. If its the former, and they have services for most all multiplayer games and it has the data/icons/sounds on your phone wouldnt that take up a lot of storage, since you have to have different assets for each game?

Oersted

I'm not completely opposed to the whole app thing, but paying for voicechat on Android is just extremely weird to put it mild.

As someone who never finds it in his budget to buy a headset, I actually like this idea. Now, let's just see if I actually use it!

You can, voice chat just gets temp disabled. Just like how any other app works. It gets suspended then loads the other app. When you're done with the app, it wakes the app back up.

I think you should read that again.

Unless there is another part in that picture.

The thing work like Twitch app. It turn itself down when you exit it, and restart when you open it again.
Doesn't that mean the same thing though? You can't use it while other phone apps. It just goes to sleep. Then starts again after you go back to the app.

Top Bottom