• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Partners - Bethesda, Atlus, Capcom, EA, Epic, Unity, more

Hylian7

Probably has been talked about already, but since Atlus is on board, maybe we will see mainline SMT return to consoles. I really hope we do.

Or maybe they will actually make the SMTxFE crossover they originally promised instead of bait and switching it.

LordKano

Probably has been talked about already, but since Atlus is on board, maybe we will see mainline SMT return to consoles. I really hope we do.

Or maybe they will actually make the SMTxFE crossover they originally promised instead of bait and switching it.

Let's see them announcing a Trauma Center x Kid Icarus crossover that will result in some weird visual novel about eggplant.

Also still worth mentioning that Nvidia's level of involvement presumably means the documentation is a lot better for western third parties.

Late Iwata wasn't kidding when he said they'd get their checkbooks out to pay for the expertise they don't have inhouse this time around.

It's super reassuring that DeNA is working on Nintendo Network and they have fucking Nvidia for the dev tools !

Scoops

Banned
Rösti;220867308 said:
Here in list form from the press release:

• 505 Games - Sniper Elite, Terraria, Cooking Mama, Rocket League, Zumba Fitness
  • Activision Publishing, Inc.- Skylanders, Licensed Games, Call of Duty perhaps?
  • ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd. - "Family" series, Guilty Gear or BlazBlue
  • ATLUS CO., LTD. - Probably partnering with Nintendo again for something, Persona spin off or port/remaster, SMT/FE remaster?
  • Audiokinetic Inc.
  • Autodesk, Inc.
  • BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. - Tales, Naruto, Tekken, maybe publishing Dark Souls?
  • Bethesda - Skyrim remaster, maybe some ports, Prey?
  • CAPCOM CO., LTD. - Resident Evil, Mega Man, probably Street Fighter
  • Codemasters® - F1, Overlord
  • CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
  • DeNA Co., Ltd.
  • Electronic Arts - Seems like some sports games, probably some casual titles, the question is what core titles?
  • Epic Games Inc.
  • Firelight Technologies
  • FromSoftware, Inc.- Seems as though it would have to be Dark Souls related
  • Frozenbyte
  • GameTrust
  • GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC - Could be anything but really hoping for NMH3
  • Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
  • HAMSTER Corporation
  • Havok
  • INTI CREATES CO., LTD.
  • KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. - Another "Warriors" game with Nintendo IP?, Ninja Gaiden
  • Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. - What's left of this company again?
  • LEVEL-5 Inc. - Professor Layton, Yo-kai Watch, Inazuma Eleven
  • Marvelous Inc. - could be anything
  • Maximum Games, LLC - Casual/educational games
  • Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
  • Parity Bit Inc.
  • PlatinumGames Inc. - Probably partnering with Nintendo on more stuff
  • RAD Game Tools, Inc.
  • RecoChoku Co., Ltd.
  • SEGA Games Co., Ltd. - Sonic, maybe Yakuza?
  • Silicon Studio Corporation
  • Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
  • SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. - Dragon Quest X already confirmed, surely some FF spin offs, but will it get the mainline games too?
  • Starbreeze Studios
  • Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. - NBA 2K already confirmed, will it get more then that?
  • Telltale Games - the story novel games
  • THQ Nordic
  • Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
  • TT Games - LEGO
  • UBISOFT - Just Dance for sure, what core games though?
  • Ubitus Inc.
  • Unity Technologies, Inc.
  • Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment - LEGO games for sure, what about Batman, MK and Injustice?
  • Web Technology Corp

Tried to come up with at least 1 game each developer would be making for Switch.

jugo

Neo Member
If we finally get a new main line monster hunter game that we can play on tv I'm getting this day one. Won't even care about other games.

Rösti;220867308 said:
Here in list form from the press release:

• 505 Games
  • Activision Publishing, Inc.
  • ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
  • ATLUS CO., LTD.
  • Audiokinetic Inc.
  • Autodesk, Inc.
  • BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
  • Bethesda
  • CAPCOM CO., LTD.
  • Codemasters®
  • CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
  • DeNA Co., Ltd.
  • Devolver Digital
  • Electronic Arts
  • Epic Games Inc.
  • Firelight Technologies
  • FromSoftware, Inc.
  • Frozenbyte
  • GameTrust
  • GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.
  • Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
  • HAMSTER Corporation
  • Havok
  • Image & Form
  • INTI CREATES CO., LTD.
  • KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
  • Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
  • LEVEL-5 Inc.
  • Marvelous Inc.
  • Maximum Games, LLC
  • Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
  • Parity Bit Inc.
  • PlatinumGames Inc.
  • RAD Game Tools, Inc.
  • RecoChoku Co., Ltd.
  • SEGA Games Co., Ltd.
  • Shin'en Multimedia
  • Silicon Studio Corporation
  • Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
  • SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
  • Starbreeze Studios
  • Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
  • Telltale Games
  • THQ Nordic
  • Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
  • TT Games
  • UBISOFT
  • Ubitus Inc.
  • Unity Technologies, Inc.
  • Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
  • Web Technology Corp
  • Zoink Games

I added Devolver Digital, Image & Form, Shin'en, and Zoink Games to the list.

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. - What's left of this company again?

Stellar Wii U Virtual Console support.

They have released so much of their (and Hudson's) old games... They have even created the Turbografx-16 section entirely by themselves, including the emulation software.

antibolo

Banned
There aren't that much third party games I could be interested in for the Switch, but Skyrim is definitely a lock for me. I already put 100 hours on it five years ago but whatever, I had so much fun.

Now if they could bring some japanese games like Persona 5, the deal would be fucking sealed.

Oh baby, P5 on the Switch would be the bee's knees.

Mr Swine

Banned
Convincing Rockstar will be hard, but if they managed to get Bethesda (which was the last publisher I was expecting to see on Switch) they may have drastically improved their 3rd party relationship.

I think a port of GTAV on Switch would show us exactly where the future of GTA games will be on other than PC and PS4/Xbone. Wouldn't Rockstar recoup all money if GTAV sold 3-5 million on Switch? I think many would love to have a portable GTAV to play just about anywhere.

Too bad that Rockstar doesn't realize that since the game is still selling like mad.

I think a port of GTAV on Switch would show us exactly where the future of GTA games will be on other than PC and PS4/Xbone. Wouldn't Rockstar recoup all money if GTAV sold 3-5 million on Switch? I think many would love to have a portable GTAV to play just about anywhere.

Too bad that Rockstar doesn't realize that since the game is still selling like mad.

3-5 millions on switch alone? Seems doubtful to say the least...

Had a question like this in the gta v thread. Can a full home console version of a gta game sell on a Nintendo console? I thought we would see gta on Wii u wit the heavy rumors that they were working on one. Will switch be the first Nintendo *home* console to get a gta game. I'm not counting that ds game.
Why couldn't it sell? Just have way lower expectations of how much it will sell because it's not fair to Nintendo they get the game years later.

Hindl

I dunno, assuming even the Switch gets the same full remaster that the XBO and PS4 got, I just don't see 3-5M people paying to get a 2 year old game. I'd say the same about Skyrim, but at least that remastered version is coming out relatively close to the Switch (not that Skyrim remastered is necessarily coming to the Switch). A GTAV port could probably hit 1M though

ultrazilla

Had a question like this in the gta v thread. Can a full home console version of a gta game sell on a Nintendo console? I thought we would see gta on Wii u wit the heavy rumors that they were working on one. Will switch be the first Nintendo *home* console to get a gta game. I'm not counting that ds game.

With the supposed "leaked" tech specs, the Switch should be able to run GTA V very nicely along with some nice bells and whistles.

IMO I think Take 2/RockStar will finally take the plunge and have a port of GTA V ready for the Switch launch. If it's popular, they'll follow up with Red Dead 2 and so on.

It'd be a perfect "litmus" test for them. If GTA V didn't sell well on the Switch, then the writing on the wall would be pretty evident. And before anyone says "but it'll be a 4 year old game".....tons of Nintendo fans have been asking for Take 2/Rockstar and a GTA game for *years* as well.

Fans will have to step up and support those offerings if they want third party support, plain and simple.

imjust1n

Banned
Do we really need another port of gta5 like none of you have a ps4 or xbox one? We don't need stupid 3rd party port's we need current games and future games from 3rd party.

Do we really need another port of gta5 like none of you have a ps4 or xbox one? We don't need stupid 3rd party port's we need current games and future games from 3rd party.
How is GTAV stupid? That's your problem if you don't want it. I'm going to buy it since my PS3 I have no access to. This is one of the last games hardcore gamers would've expected to see on a Nintendo console. It goes some ways to help Nintendos image.

Ladekabel

I would buy GTA V a third (or by the time maybe fourth time) on Switch and play it again.

With the supposed "leaked" tech specs, the Switch should be able to run GTA V very nicely along with some nice bells and whistles.

IMO I think Take 2/RockStar will finally take the plunge and have a port of GTA V ready for the Switch launch. If it's popular, they'll follow up with Red Dead 2 and so on.

It'd be a perfect "litmus" test for them. If GTA V didn't sell well on the Switch, then the writing on the wall would be pretty evident. And before anyone says "but it'll be a 4 year old game".....tons of Nintendo fans have been asking for Take 2/Rockstar and a GTA game for *years* as well.

Fans will have to step up and support those offerings if they want third party support, plain and simple.

I'm not convinced GTA would be a launch game, but if the system sells well and is capable of running Red Dead I wouldn't be surprised to see Switch get it when the PC does. I feel like if they had that partnership with Rockstar already we wouldn't have gotten the Red Dead and Switch teases on the same day.

As for fan support, the Wii U had a really low userbase and the Wii was both less powerful than it's competitors (making normal ports almost impossible) and had a really odd base companies mostly never figured out. Nintendo seems to be angling the Switch as a 'second console' companion, with unique games and experiences. It won't have to come down to fans supporting third party efforts if the Switch userbase itself is larger, if that makes sense. If someone who is new to Nintendo or hasn't jumped in since the GCN, there may be a genuine market for 'I want to play Madden/Skyrim/Call of Duty on the go' as a selling point against the PS4/XB1 versions.

Nightbird

It's not happening guys, Rockstar won't port anything this late. GTAV is only gonna be supported though online.

They don't have to port it themselves. With all the money they have they can easily hire a smaller studio to do the port so they can use their resources on current projects

I remember hearing so many people say they bought the Vita (or PSTV) just for Persona 4 Golden. That makes me think Persona 5 could be a system seller to some extent.

Here, i did that, and i don't regret it. The PS Vita with Persona 4 brought me back into the Sony ecosystem, and i'm very happy it did (Steins Gate is another game that i really enjoyed and got to play because of this)

Terrell

It's not happening guys, Rockstar won't port anything this late. GTAV is only gonna be supported though online.
We live in the age of remasters. Remasters are essentially graphically tweaked ports more often than not. And a good number of those remasters are of games that are even older. So I don't see how, given what is being brought to market now, the time between original release is relevant at all. If people will pay for prettier graphics, paying for portability isn't somehow a long shot.

Maxinas

I think its fair to give nintendo the chance to prove they'll be able to maintain most if not all of these third party partners. Recently nintendo has shown signs of trying to adapt, so until we see exactly what they have planned starting next year and beyond, it's too early for the gloom and doom.

Ray Down

Banned
We live in the age of remasters. Remasters are essentially graphically tweaked ports more often than not. And a good number of those remasters are of games that are even older. So I don't see how, given what is being brought to market now, the time between original release is relevant at all. If people will pay for prettier graphics, paying for portability isn't somehow a long shot.

Question does Rockstar care enough to do such a thing when they can just support online and still make 5 million sales every quarter and will sell even more just support stuff on there current platforms. Rather than supporting a system where you won't have the same audience.

Will GTAV even be big on the the go when you can't take Online on the go. Skyrim works because it sold on a huge single player experience. GTAV has both & not having one of them work on the go won't do anything for people.

They don't I bet, it not happening.

Question does Rockstar care enough to do such a thing when they can just support online and still make 5 million sales every quarter and will sell even more just support stuff on there current platforms. Rather than supporting a system where you won't have the same audience.

Will GTAV even be big on the the go when you can't take Online on the go. Skyrim works because it sold on a huge single player experience. GTAV has both & not having one of them work on the go won't do anything for people.

They don't I bet, it not happening.

GTAV Portable is a great proposition. I would be surprised if Take Two doesn't at least put it on the table.

jmizzal

3-5 millions on switch alone? Seems doubtful to say the least...

It might not do 3-5 mil but if Switch is a big hit, I can see it doing another mil or so on Switch

Def if they do the transfer thing they did with GTAV on PC, you could get your data from Xbox one and PS4 with your Rockstar account.

A lot of people brought it 3-4 times, heck I brought it twice PC and Xbox one, trust me people will buy it again for the portable aspect, then you have the Nintendo only people who want GTA.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I know you all love this kind of stuff so:

Ubisoft: https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsit...f call final_tcm99-273993_tcm99-196733-32.pdf

ubisoftswitchoho5z.png

Take-Two: http://seekingalpha.com/article/401...-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

Turning to industry news, we're happy that 2K have the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on their first look video for Nintendo Switch, which was revealed last month and will launch in March 2017. While we're not confirming any specific titles at this time, we're pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo in support of the Nintendo Switch. We look forward to reviewing specific games in details at a later date.

I hope Nintendo finally has a chance to build something with 3rd parties. Nintendo might not have attempted to sway the 3rd parties in a proper way with the handling of the last few consoles, but at least they can make amends with this console!

LordKano

I don't think it's thread-worthy, but I just bumped into this comment from Yves Guillemot that everyone overlooked, probably because it's in French, even though it contains an interesting sentence.

I translated it as :
With the design and the uniques abilites of the Switch, Nintendo should revolutionize again the way we play. Ultra-accessible, this console will offer to all of us the liberty and pleasure to share our game experience and to play anywhere and at any time. The Ubisoft teams who are creating games for the Switch are inspired by all these new possibilities, and I'm very happy that we can continue to make big things with Nintendo. In addition to Just Dance 2017, I'm thinking especially about a game that will surprise you a lot !

I wonder what surprising game it could be
yond Good & Evil 2

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I don't think it's thread-worthy, but I just bumped into this comment from Yves Guillemot that everyone overlooked, probably because it's in French, even though it contains an interesting sentence.

I translated it as :

yond Good & Evil 2

Oh shit! It's happening, is it?

I translated it as :

yond Good & Evil 2

I dunno if that would surprise anyone at this point what with all of Laura's other leaks being accurate.

BY2K

Membero Americo

I translated it as :

yond Good & Evil 2

In addition to Just Dance 2017, I'm thinking especially about a game that will surprise you a lot !

I want to belYves.

Top Bottom