• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Play Log

Unk Adams

Banned
Does anyone know why the Nintendo Switch play log only displays a limited amount of games at a time? I believe it only displays the last ten games you played which is very annoying because every other platform known to man (Steam, PS, Xbox, and even previous Nintendo systems like the DS) gave your entire play history. Not to mention instead of giving an exact play time like the other systems (including Nintendo's own previous ones) do it only updates in five hour increments. I am just trying to figure out the reasoning of why Nintendo hasn't improved this years later and why they would purposely make their play log worse compared to their previous system, which was basically perfect (it had sorting options, gave you an accurate play history, showed your entire history, etc.). It seems like a beta version that should have been much better by now.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
video games nintendo GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

cireza

Another feature that became shit on the Switch, while it was great on Wii U.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Idk but I also hate it, games like Metroid Dread I had to wait for the whole week since I started playing to know my real playtime... In my experience, developing log features use to be expensive the more data gets loaded, maybe they wanted to reduce the load on their servers?

Top Bottom