• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch presentation date finalized, Jan 12, 8pm PT/Jan 13, 5am CET

Chittagong

Gold Member
Can we expect Amazon preorders to open immediately after reveal or does that have too big a leak risk for Nintendo? I am out on the seas 12-19/1 so need to get my brother preorder me one.

Phoenixus

Can we expect Amazon preorders to open immediately after reveal or does that have too big a leak risk for Nintendo? I am out on the seas 12-19/1 so need to get my brother preorder me one.

I hope so. Got lucky with an NES mini but don't want to risk not securing a preorder in time on this.

PS4 pre-orders on Amazon started immediately after Sony announced it at their press conference. The thread for the PS4 price was posted at 10:07pm and the thread for Amazon's pre-orders was posted at 10:08pm.

SURGEdude

Can't fuck wait. The industry NEEDS Nintendo now more than ever. But the leaks and info so far make the Wii U look like an easier sell.

Either way I'm gonna buy one, as are many Vita owners knowing there won't be a follow-up.

Can't fuck wait. The industry NEEDS Nintendo now more than ever. But the leaks and info so far make the Wii U look like an easier sell.

Either way I'm gonna buy one, as are many Vita owners knowing there won't be a follow-up.

I haven't really been following the leaks and am only going by the October reveal video, but just by abandoning the "Wii" brand makes it an easier sell than the Wii U which many casual moms and grandparents assumed was an attachment for the Wii

AniHawk

amazon is all done automatically, so as long as you schedule the time long enough in advance, you can probably have preorders go up right when you want it.

i imagine that games will go up almost asap as developers will want to get some preorders in before they have to place an order.

Two Words

I haven't really been following the leaks and am only going by the October reveal video, but just by abandoning the "Wii" brand makes it an easier sell than the Wii U which many casual moms and grandparents assumed was an attachment for the Wii
I don't think that hurt the Wii U nearly as bad as people say. I worked at GameStop during that time and yeah some people thought it was an add-on. But the bigger issue is that most casual people simply didn't care to get a Wii U. To them, video games were just a single-purchase commodity. They had no need to upgrade because they were content with the Wii.

Top Bottom