• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Previews are coming in

Dystify

t302eBN.png

Today, we can look forward to Nintendo Switch previews from most if not all major gaming news outlets.

Please link any in the topic so I can add them here. If you have no GAF account but want your professional preview here just message me on Twitter.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Preview Thread

Nintendo Switch | Hardware Review Thread

PREVIEWS

UNBOXINGS

USER INTERFACE & Mii MAKER OVERVIEW

Huge image gallery with Nintendo Switch hardware, UI and accessories by Cubed3 / Link to their site

DNAbro

The polygon preview said they had hardware problem with the controllers becoming unsynched. That's not good.

Bendo

The polygon preview said they had hardware problem with the controllers becoming unsynched. That's not good.

Yikes, both Digital Chumps and Polygon have had problems with the left joy-con losing sync. Let's hope it's a software problem.

Same problem with mine. I think it is only one of the two Joy-Cons specifically however -- the left one. We've reached out to NOA and will update.

NotLiquid

Kind of concerning if that's the case, but I can't help but wonder why we're hearing about unsyncing now and not during the countless preview events (as well as it specifically being the left one).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yikes, both Digital Chumps and Polygon have had problems with the left joy-con losing sync. Let's hope it's a software problem.

I have been at another Italian preview just now
We set up 6 different joycon on 2 switch without issues

EU units superior confirmed!

Jacce

Banned
If joycons aren't syncing everyone should be cancelling their preorders ASAP and waiting for fixed units. Wow. We have another Galaxy Note 7 on our hands?

emb

Was wondering when I would see these pop up. Thanks for making the thread!

I don't expect to really learn anything of particular interest today, but I'll eat up all the Switch info just to fan the flames of hype.

Listonosh

We didn't do a video on the unboxing or using the system but more so discuss how it is using it on a day to day basis.

During one part we do bring up two technical issues I have with the Switch, which I'm really hoping are just isolated to our console. One is with the battery not charging all the way even when it's docked, and the other with some issues of input lag in rare cases when the Joy-Con are detached from the console itself.

Nintendo Switch First Impressions - What's Up Games

(To clarify, for those inevitably asking how the hell we got one, this is a press unit for GameZone.com, which will be having a written preview up as well)

Edit: Oh! I see other sites have had issues with the left Joy-Con as well.

Video game launches is when the doom and gloom squad comes out.

And this is coming from someone who isn't even that interested in the Switch.

Vuze

Goddamn, my YT subbox is being spammed by 50 2min videos about every minor detail 😔 Props to the channels who do a few big informative videos instead of pulling that bs.

Same problem with mine. I think it is only one of the two Joy-Cons specifically however -- the left one. We've reached out to NOA and will update.
How are they communicating anyway? Bluetooth? Proprietary?

Top Bottom