• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch running Breath of The Wild on Jimmy Fallon

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
For those somehow still judging the visual quality of Zelda on switch from this video, have a look what their shitty projector wall does to Mario run:
screen%20shot%202016-12-08%20at%2095618%20am.png

mariorun-1401x788-8a64fb50-804e-4301-b072-73e7304181f0.png

Reggie and Jimmy look like PS2 characters (okay, maybe PS3)

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on dynamic resolution. When I look at a gameworld I want its image and quality to stay consistent. I already wear glasses for perfect clarity, it's highly annoying to play a first person game where the world will temporarily blur or drop texture resolution to keep framerate up. It doesn't really help on eye strain. Just cap resolution if you want to keep a consistent framerate. Sometimes a game makes me feel like I need to keep rubbing my eyes because changes so much.

Last gen it was sacrifice framerate for effects in screen; now it's drop the resolution beneath acceptable levels randomly and then bring it back up? I find that worse than frame drops.

That's absolutely fine. I personally don't mind dynamic resolution in first person shooters.

Keep in mind that this device is meant to be taken on the go with intensive graphics that may or may not be within swinging distance of the competition. Having a 1080p screen would be a battery-killer, & there's no way you'd get PS4-level performance out of such a device.

I'm not asking for a better screen, 720p is fine for a portable. What I do want is for the system to output what is essentially a Wii U game at 1080p when docked.

I love how this is the standard now when the X1 and PS4 still resolution scale in titles to maintain solid frame rate. Neither one consistently performs at 1080.. Ps4 users have to pay an additional 400 dollars to get solid native 1080p..

The standard iphone 7 isnt even 1080p

What Nintendo is doing with a mobile chipset is nothing short of incredible. Have you even seen any of the standard titles for Shield line? None of them even compare to BOTW.

1080p is the standard resolution on PS4; Vast majority of games run at that resolution. Dynamic resolution has no bearings on this discussion.

Just to be clear, I'm not discussing the screen size or resolution of the Switch.

Has anyone asked Jimmy Fallon about Switch? Via Twitter or something?

One might think that young and hip person like he would have a Twitter account...

One could ask if the Switch is heavy, how's the build quality like and is the screen good or bad... I doubt that he couldn't anwser those questions, because everything was shown on TV and there's no sensitive information in there...

Luigiv

Cuningas de Häme;226350718 said:
Has anyone asked Jimmy Fallon about Switch? Via Twitter or something?

One might think that young and hip person like he would have a Twitter account...

One could ask if the Switch is heavy, how's the build quality like and is the screen good or bad...
I doubt that he couldn't anwser those questions, because everything was shown on TV and there's no sensitive information in there...
Well I don't know about the screen, but the actor from the comercial who did an interview with GameXplain mentioned that the units they had were of substantial weight and high build quality.

Jasper

So do we still think the Nintendo Switch will boast some kind of technology allowing for it to be provided with extra power via either the cloud or through a 'Supplemental Computing Device' connection to say a smartphone/tablet/PC?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
So do we still think the Nintendo Switch will boast some kind of technology allowing for it to be provided with extra power via either the cloud or through a 'Supplemental Computing Device' connection to say a smartphone/tablet/PC?
No. Every computing functionality should be within the main device.

I know this is off-topic, but I can't make threads, and thought it might be worthy to post this in a switch thread, considering how binding of isaac is normally sneaky about their announcements.
spQ47E6.png

edit, sorry, mispelled isaac when searching, this was already posted in here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1313334&page=62&highlight=binding+of+isaac

Somebody had brought up these guys are cryptic and said it was coming in spring 2017, but they never showed all the tweets. Lol

I really hope Nintendo bumps the RAM to 6-8GB at the last minute like Sony did though..

I wonder what they are thinking. If it stays 4GB, it must be fairly underpowered.

No, he said he thought they were the real thing. Of course they didn't actially work, so he could have thought wrong, but you'd think a dummy unit would be hollow.
I'm referring to the stream he did himself before the interview. I can't remember if I watched the interview or not.

My memory is telling me he said something about "dummy unit" in the stream. Of course, I could be wrong.

Top Bottom