• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch to officially release in South Korea on Dec. 1st

oti

Banned
Weird that Splatoon 2 isn't a launch title given how popular idols and stuff are there.

If botw, mk8dx and splatoon 2 were there it would be the best launch lineup ever.

I guess their thinking is this will sell either way since holiday shopping season and Mario is enough to sell through whatever they decide to ship to SK.

ggx2ac

Nintendo Korea is back up so here's the press release:

http://www.nintendo.co.kr/PR/press_list.php?cPage1=1&cPage2=1&idx=274&press_div=P

Looking at the Taiwan and South Korean software lineups for December 1st launch and beyond:

Super Mario Odyssey, Disgaea 5, Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Sonic Forces, Fate Extella, Super Bomberman R, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Mario+Rabbids will have Korean language options.

While Super Mario Odyssey, Mario+Rabbids, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (will have Chinese language options patched in.), Puyo Puyo Tetris, Fire Emblem Warriors, USF2, Nobunaga and Three Kingdoms 13 will have Chinese language options.

StereoVsn

Wait, what happened to Zelda? Makes no sense that they are not releasing it. Of course one could always import Japanese or English version but that's weird.

ggx2ac

Wait, what happened to Zelda? Makes no sense that they are not releasing it. Of course one could always import Japanese or English version but that's weird.

It could be getting localised which is why it lacks a release date in either of those countries.

Unless Nintendo are releasing a game of the year edition with all the DLC included... Probably not.

enishi

Someone found the picture with Chinese BotW title hidden in Nintendo Taiwan server. The webpage source code comment showed 9-27 which is coincident with Nintendo HK announcement date 27 Sept.

We may wait for 1 week and know the outcome.

ggx2ac

Someone found the picture with Chinese BotW title hidden in Nintendo Taiwan server. The webpage source code comment showed 9-27 which is coincident with Nintendo HK announcement date 27 Sept.

We may wait for 1 week and know the outcome.

As you predicted.

Aonouma announces Chinese language support coming to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Here is the trailer of him announcing it:

https://youtu.be/o5mftsnuV9o

Korean language support is also coming to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Here is Aonouma in another video announcing it:

https://youtu.be/Gk4w1YAdzSM

raven777

They're releasing games in languages Koreans cannot properly understand?

???

Many people who live in US/EU/JP probably don't experience this, but small markets like Korea often gets not-localized games released. They are mostly there to make it easier for users to buy it rather than going through import process.

Ridley327

According to the press releases, only text is localised. No Korean and Chinese VA.

Cool, that's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure since my sister lives in SK and has been wondering what's going on with it not being there at launch.

ggx2ac

Updated OP with the new info regarding Zelda.

Cool, that's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure since my sister lives in SK and has been wondering what's going on with it not being there at launch.

Well for now, it's confirmed for release at Early 2018 so, anywhere from January to March possibly.

Korea's traditional video game market is very unlike the west. There are a ton of untranslated Japanese video games and if they are they usually are rare. Some will come with the complete script of the game translated in a booklet form. Sometimes games like the Kiseki series will actually get an in-game localization. It's unsurprising to me that a game like MHXX is coming to Korea but untranslated. Koreans like those games but don't mind if it's untranslated as the community has dedicated boards on Ruli or whatnot with a decent amount of help.

Well, huh. Weird.

enishi

As you predicted.

Aonouma announces Chinese language support coming to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Here is the trailer of him announcing it:

https://youtu.be/o5mftsnuV9o

Korean language support is also coming to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Here is Aonouma in another video announcing it:

https://youtu.be/Gk4w1YAdzSM

The first rumor talking about Chinese BotW was from China weibo back in July. That was together with Xenoblade 2 Chinese localization.

With the suspicious status of Xenoblade 2 on HK/Taiwan website, it may be the 2nd/3rd Switch game with Chinese from Nintendo (Super Mario Odyssey 1st, Mario Kart 8D 2nd if XB2 cannot meet the launch date)

enishi

I'm just trying to confirm, is Xenoblade 2 coming with Chinese language options? I couldn't find a press release.

It should be Chinese language option.

No press release yet since it is 10 PM now.

The youtube announcement video is from Nintendo HK channel.

enishi

I did see that before but wasn't sure about the red box that reads "Chinese" or something according to Google translate.

But I just noticed now how Splatoon 2 doesn't have that box which means it doesn't have Chinese language options.

The red box means "support Chinese".

And now ARMS, 1-2-Switch, Splatoon 2 are Nintendo games without Chinese option.

Edit: I missed out Pokken

Top Bottom