• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo teams with Universal for Theme Park attractions

JoeM86

KYOTO, Japan and ORLANDO, Florida (May 7, 2015) – Nintendo and Universal Parks & Resorts today announced plans to bring the world of Nintendo to life at Universal theme parks – creating spectacular, dedicated experiences based on Nintendo’s wildly popular games, characters and worlds.

The agreement brings two icons of entertainment together and represents a significant partnership for Nintendo as it expands the reach and popularity of its characters and intellectual property.

Universal theme parks offer incredibly popular, innovative themed family entertainment experiences based on compelling stories and characters – using powerful storytelling and innovative technology. Nintendo has created remarkable and imaginative worlds filled with captivating stories and beloved characters. Now, for the first time, those stories and characters will be brought to life in entirely new ways – only at Universal theme parks.

The immersive experiences will include major attractions at Universal’s theme parks and will feature Nintendo’s most famous characters and games. More details will be announced in the future, as the Nintendo and Universal creative teams work to create specific concepts.

How is this not a thread yet?

Toad.T

Banned
Is it like the Monster Hunter/Keroro event attractions, or is it something more permanent?

Because if it's the later, I'm hyped.

AdanVC

I said god damn!! That vague promise Iwata did 2 years ago of utilize their IPs into another stuff that are not videogames is becoming true! Nintendo Land happening!

ahdurian

Nintendo Land is happening!!!
468be154-a29a-4ae3-b6b8-fd716ac6ef3a_zps7y0kxlcv.jpg

Hell yea, I'm freaking happy I decided to work abroad. Glad to hear this.

Speaking of which, not the first time Nintendo and Universal work together. They used the backlot for the Wizard:
universal-660.jpg

SalvaPot

HOLY SHIT.

Japan only? Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. Another reason to go back.

Edit: Orlando too. That is even worst for me, haha.

Top Bottom