• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to add 13 SFC-games on N3DS Virtual Console (Japan)

Garou

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/976a3c85-a0dc-11e6-9aaf-063b7ac45a6d.html

Today marks the 26th anniversary of the Super Famicom and to commemorate this Nintendo just released the following titles on the New 3DS Virtual Console:

Super Punch Out
Castlevania IV
Mega Man X3
Final Fight 2
Final Fight Tough
Romancing SaGa
Tactics Ogre

Update 11/28
The additional 6 titles are:
Live A Live
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
Mario's Super Picross
Kirby no Kira Kira Kids
Super Famicom Wars
Pop'n Twinbee

Also, if you buy any SFC-VC title until 12/5 you will get a Super Famicom Theme for free.

Wonder if NOA will do something similar, but the NA anniversary wont be for another 9 months or so, right? That would put it well into the Switch's life, so I doubt it would be just for the 3DS at that point.

Personally, I'm holding off on buying any more VC games until they announce if the Switch will be compatible with Wii U/3DS VC games.

18-Volt

Wonder if NOA will do something similar, but the NA anniversary wont be for another 9 months or so, right? That would put it well into the Switch's life, so I doubt it would be just for the 3DS at that point.

All those games except last two are already available on NA eShop. They can't do something similar because there isn't much else left to release. Capcom and Konami already released their SNES library and anything else would have license issues.

Potential releases: Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy II (IV), Final Fantasy III (VI), Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Koei stuff (Nobunaga's Ambition, Liberty or Death etc).

@MUWANdo

Banned
Japan has been getting SFC games in periodic bulk lots for a while now, don't expect a similar bulk release elsewhere.

All those games except last two are already available on NA eShop. They can't do something similar because there isn't much else left to release. Capcom and Konami already released their SNES library and anything else would have license issues.

Potential releases: Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy II (IV), Final Fantasy III (VI), Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Koei stuff (Nobunaga's Ambition, Liberty or Death etc).

On June 26, 2013 FF3/6 and Secret of Mana hit the Japanese Wii-U virtual console.

What's taking so long NoA?

psyfi

Banned
Quick off-topic question: do the SNES VC games on the 3DS use the same button layout as the original titles? I've only tried Gameboy games so far, and I really wish the main button was assigned to Y and the secondary button assigned to B.

MacTag

Banned
On June 26, 2013 FF3/6 and Secret of Mana hit the Japanese Wii-U virtual console.

What's taking so long NoA?
Square Enix's lack of releases on both 3DS and Wii U VC in the west is baffling. Yet somehow we got FFTA on Wii U and they were totally on board for NES Classic Mini.

Dremark

Banned
https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/976a3c85-a0dc-11e6-9aaf-063b7ac45a6d.html

Today marks the 26th anniversary of the Super Famicom and to commemorate this Nintendo just released the following titles on the New 3DS Virtual Console:

Super Punch Out
Castlevania IV
Mega Man X3
Final Fight 2
Final Fight Tough
Romancing SaGa
Tactics Ogre

They will release another 6 games next week.

Also, if you buy any SFC-VC title until 12/5 you will get a Super Famicom Theme for free.

Those are some really nice games to add.

MacTag

Banned
Japan has a couple dozen Square/Enix/Taito games on Wii U/3DS VC that weren't released elsewhere, it doesn't mean anything.
I'd still buy a bunch of them too. :(

3DS
Bubble Bobble (NES)
Elevator Action (NES)
Final Fantasy (NES)
King's Knight (NES)
Legend of Kage (NES)

Wii U
Bubble Bobble (NES)
Darius Twin (SNES)

Elevator Action (NES)
Final Fantasy (NES)
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (GBA)
Final Fantasy II (SNES)
Final Fantasy III (SNES)
Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)
Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA)
Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES)
King's Knight (NES)
Legend of Kage (NES)
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore (GBA)
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SNES)
Secret of Mana (SNES)

Space Invaders: The Original Game (SNES)

Porcile

Was there a new thread for this? For the second round Japan got:

Live A Live
- fuck yeah!
Super Famicom Wars - if Advance Wars is never gonna come to the system outside DS BC then this'll do nicely, but i've never played it. Fuck yes!
Mario's Super Picross - oh shit fuck yeah!
Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu (Kirby's Super Star Stacker?) Dunno about this.
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 - hell fucking yeah!
Pop n' Twinbee - fucking yes, so good!.

ramparter

Banned
That would be awesome if they added them for free as a holidays promo
LOL

Yay. Full fucking price for games I already own!
There's no option "Donate us money just because we are awesome" on eshop so you can buy them again instead

Porcile

Egh, didnt see the thread update.

Only one of these games I bought before on VC is Mario's Super Picross. It's a good update for me.

Top Bottom