• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to meet UK retailers after unofficial Wii U price cuts fail

ASIS

I don't see it as insane. They have the time to prepare these things. Every single time Nintendo releases a new system the first thing out of fans' mouth is "Where's Mario kart, where's Zelda, where's Smash Bros?" It's not farfetched and it's not like Nintendo is caught off-guard or will be surprised when people ask for it. They know ahead of time that they're not going to have a ton of games at launch so why not release games capable of holding people over. Smash Bros is a game that's timeless and brings endless fun. Heck some people buy Nintendo systems mainly just for this game. I know what I said may sound unreasonable but they could at least prepare something. I have friends who never played a Call of Duty and Monster Hunter in their entire lives clinging to it because they have nothing else now.

Exactly. These games bring hype and are relevant until the console dies, if not even after that. All three. so it makes no sense to bring them all during launch or launch window, within the first 18 months? I agree completely. But anything about them releasing so closely to each other would be overkill IMO.

Top Bottom