• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to release 10 Wii-games on Wii U eShop (Japan)

Garou

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/4e190347-480f-11e6-9654-063b7ac45a6d.html

Will be released in the next 5 weeks.
Price: 2,700 Yen
My Nintendo-user get 30% off for the launch-period.

Xenoblade
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Super Paper Mario
Project Zero 2: Wii Edition
Kirby's Epic Yarn
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Wario Land Shake It
Mario Sports Mix

Like all other releases these should be playable with the WiiU-gamepad if the original release was fully playable without a Wii Remote.

blamite

Rhythm Heaven, Epic Yarn, and Waro Land had better make it to NA ASAP! (and Wave Race 64 while they're at it)

CloakBass

No Skyward Sword huh? I keep going back-and-forth between Nintendo giving it the eShop treatment or doing an HD re-release.

TheMoon

Like all other releases these should be playable with the WiiU-gamepad if the original release was fully playable without a Wii Remote.

specifically: playable with a Wii Classic Controller.

meaning only Xenoblade btw.

I think even Nintendo wants to forget about that abomination.

You're projecting your own poor taste onto them. Neither is Skyward Sword anything resembling an abomination, nor do they want to forget about it. Why would they?

Andyliini

Why do I remember most of those being already available in Europe? I always thought Japan was way ahead with these.
Not that I really want them, only game I want and do not have a disc is Super Paper Mario, and I'm not sure if I already bought it from eShop earlier.

scamander

Banned
Why do I remember most of those being already available in Europe? I always thought Japan was way ahead with these.
Not that I really want them, only game I want and do not have a disc is Super Paper Mario, and I'm not sure if I already bought it from eShop earlier.

According to wikipedia there are currently 11 Wii games available on the Japanese eShop, while there are 19 in Europe and 15 in the US.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
It's really a shame Skyward Sword is saddled with those awful Star Fox Zero quality controls.

The game won't show up on the eShop, and not sure if they want to go through the effort of revamping it for an HD re-release. Skyward Sword will be lost to history.

TheMoon

Uh, I'd love to play Super Paper Mario on the Wii U gamepad :O

Bring them to Euroland, I say!

SPM does not support the Classic Controller.

Xenoblade is the only game on that list that does and thus is playable with the GamePad. Unless you really just want to play on the GamePad, of course. But then you could just pop in your disc copy.

It's really a shame Skyward Sword is saddled with those awful Star Fox Zero quality controls.

The game won't show up on the eShop, and not sure if they want to go through the effort of revamping it for an HD re-release. Skyward Sword will be lost to history.

It just needs a remake that tweaks the game for traditional controls. TBH, I think Miyamoto and Aonuma probably really like the game, and likely appreciate the risk of it being forgotten.

Kneefoil

Wario Land is already out on EU Wii U, but I'll gladly take Rhythm Paradise and Project Zero. Just got into Rhythm Paradise games earlier this year with the DS one.

TheMoon

What? Is this true?

If you had read a little further ... I posted it twice now: If a Wii game supported the Wii Classic Controller, the eShop-download-version (!!!) of that Wii game will be playable with the GamePad (buttons, etc). Otherwise it will just support Off-TV on the screen, like all other Wii games.

= only Xenoblade (from that list of new games)

This is good stuff! Hoping they keep going and put up Last Story. Heck, I'll even take Barrel Blast, Im willing to try things

It's not a tweak. It would be a complete redesign. The combat is entirely built around the ability to slash in all directions.

Thanks. (wtf is sus)

It isn't unprecedented to have such big of changes. We've seen games remade from the ground up even, games that aren't lost to time (though perhaps just dated, like Metroid and Pokémon Red and Blue).

bman94

ctrl-f fire emblem radia...well shite.

Really tho, why are they not re-releaseing one of the hardest to find and more most expensive games on the console?

I would love to see some third party releases as we like Capcom Vs. Tatsunoko, No More Heroes etc.

Considering almost every other Fire Emblem game for every other VC platform has gone digital, I'm positive Radiant Dawn will happen down the line. Even Binding Blade was oddly late to the party in Japan despite being the first GBA one.

Joey Ravn

Banned
SPM does not support the Classic Controller.

Xenoblade is the only game on that list that does and thus is playable with the GamePad. Unless you really just want to play on the GamePad, of course. But then you could just pop in your disc copy.

Wait, really? I just assumed SPM would support Classic Controllers. Does it use the Wiimote in any special way?

Really tho, why are they not re-releaseing one of the hardest to find and more most expensive games on the console?

I would love to see some third party releases as we like Capcom Vs. Tatsunoko, No More Heroes etc.

I suspect Radiant dawn will be delayed until something exists to support GC virtual console because of the small interactivity between the two. Or they get a retail release as a single package or something.

Wait, really? I just assumed SPM would support Classic Controllers. Does it use the Wiimote in any special way?

It uses the pointer functionality. I forget what for though.

brinstar

I think that's up to those publishers sadly.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom would be GREAT cause I no longer have a copy...

TvC is never getting rereleased since the contract to sell the game was like two years and has been over for years and there is no way to renegotiate to physically release the Wii game.

TI82

Banned
Is TvC really considered rare? Local supermarket has like a whole shelf full of sealed copies last time I was there...

TheMoon

When in doubt, just look at the box.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/933012-super-paper-mario/images/175574
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/933012-super-paper-mario/images/175894

It isn't unprecedented to have such big of changes. We've seen games remade from the ground up even, games that aren't lost to time (though perhaps just dated, like Metroid and Pokémon Red and Blue).

But then why are you playing Skyward Sword in the first place. Find me a game that has been remade with a complete shift in focus. And I'm not talking about reboots. Besides, they wouldn't "remake" it anyway. Look at WWHD, TPHD. Skyward Sword just needs 1080p and an option to disable that atrocious HUD before you start the game and cut down the textboxes a bit. Turning the combat into "press A button to slash" does not work for this game. They'd need to come up with completely new enemy behavior, combat interactions, change a whole bunch of puzzles. You'd lose the whole thing that makes this game so cool.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And nothing needs fixing with the controls.

TheMoon

Tatsunoko vs Capcom will never happen for obvious licensing reasons. Just buy a disc copy. It's sub 20.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
sus = so unbelievably smart

so Calm Mind is saying people who like (not love, not have it as their favourite, just like) Skyward Sword are intelligent peeps. How kind of them. <3

maxcriden

I'm a massive fan of Skyward but I doubt we're seeing a remaster or remake anytime soon, and just a straight HD port hasn't historically been Nintendo's style.

Top Bottom