• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo trademarks Hogan's Alley and Duck Hunt in Europe

yoonshik

Switch Zapper incoming? VC re-releases? We'll find out soon i guess.

1496412845-screen-shot-2017-06-02-at-16-13-35.png

1496412845-screen-shot-2017-06-02-at-16-13-41.png

Source: EUIPO

Ridley327

Did Hogan's Alley ever release on Wii U VC? I know Duck Hunt had a pretty splashy rollout, but I don't know if any of the other light gun games Nintendo did followed.

Port Duck Hunt to the Switch, use HD rumble to simulate the clicky-springy feel of the Zapper trigger whenever you shoot. That's like one of the most memorable button press sensations in gaming, it's so distinct.

Is this a Pokemon Scarlet Virtual Boy red herring or an indication of other Nintendo classics coming to switch?

Did Hogan's Alley ever release on Wii U VC? I know Duck Hunt had a pretty splashy rollout, but I don't know if any of the other light gun games Nintendo did followed.
The same day as Wild Gunman; October 22, 2015 (and yes NOE did indeed tweet the famous line ”You have to use your hands? That's like a baby's toy.") or January 7, 2016 (good old NOA, we bemoaned them for putting nindies first back then to the extent of all VC being held back and now we bemoan their current hypocritical policy that doesn't put nindies first at all...unless you are the chosen ones).

I know those were nearly a year after Duck Hunt.

Marcel

I predict the surprise announcement at the end of the Direct will be Wild Gunman and it's available now.

Ridley327

Is this a Pokemon Scarlet Virtual Boy red herring or an indication of other Nintendo classics coming to switch?

The same day as Wild Gunman; October 22, 2015 (and yes NOE did indeed tweet the famous line “You have to use your hands? That’s like a baby’s toy.”) or January 7, 2016 (good old NOA, we bemoaned them for putting nindies first back then to the extent of all VC being held back and now we bemoan their current hypocritical policy that doesn't put nindies first at all...unless you are the chosen ones).

I know those were nearly a year after Duck Hunt.

Cool, thanks for the info.

I think these are the 4 VC Zapper games with with Wii Remote IR support:

Duck Hunt
Wild Gunman
Hogan's Alley
The Adventures of Bayou Billy

Jackano

I think these are the 4 VC Zapper games with with Wii Remote IR support:

Duck Hunt
Wild Gunman
Hogan's Alley
The Adventures of Bayou Billy

I'll say I totally forgot about those but I guess they were somewhere in my mind subconscious when I wrote my previous post.

mindatlarge

A European exclusive edition of the NES Classic with zapper containing just two games, Hogan's Alley and Duck Hunt. CRT TV sold separately.

Neiteio

until a terrible dog was up to no good
started making trouble in their neighborhood.
Oh. My. LAWD.

Retro Studios-made Duck Hunt Uprising, starring Will Smith, and comes bundled with the spinning throne from the opening of Fresh Prince.

Duck Hunt x Metroid crossover. Duck Hunt-style shoot-em 'up with both ducks, Metroids, Samus and the dog.

Nintendo's next Metroid game.

Top Bottom