On 12/8, Nintendo will jointly deploy (with IPG) "Nintendo TVii", the electronic TV listings service that will create a new relationship between Wii U and watching television by using the TV screen along with the 6.2 inch touchscreen on the Wii U Gamepad. Nintendo has tied a partnership contract with regards to the usage of Syndicated G Guide with IPG, the Interactive Program Guide company that offers the G Guide service that was developed with Rovi Corp.'s electronic TV listings (EPG) as a base.
Easily enjoy a more fulfilled TV life
- By using the gamepad you can easily call up various information regarding television programs at any time with Nintendo TVii.
Check TV listings at any time while watching TV
- Using the gamepad, one can easily check for TV listings while watching TV. Nintendo TVii can also be used even when not watching TV or while you're in the middle of playing a game.
Comfortably check detailed information concerning TV programs
- Selecting a TV program from the program listings will allow you to view its contents, performing actors and actresses, and related programs. In addition, by clicking on the actor or actress, you can also view detailed information, such as their profile along with additional programs that they are scheduled to appear in.
If you want to change channels through Nintendo TVii in Japan, you have to buy 100-yen DLC to unlock the feature. Or, just use the GamePad's TV remote feature instead.
- Displaying the list of currently airing shows will allow you to search for shows that you can watch soon, along with searching from keyboards, such as a show's genre or a person's name, to find a program or person you're looking for.
Discover new shows and learn of recommendations.
- By adding shows, people, or genres to your favorites list, recommendations will analyze your inclinations towards shows, then introduce you to shows as recommendations, based on your and your family's tastes.
Nintendo TVii overview on the JP site: