• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK confirms Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for 2017

Mister Wolf

I'm pretty sure there was also Gameplay in the Xenoblade 2 trailer or at least something that looked like Gameplay. (even though without HUD)

Can't argue against the release window thing tho. But i feel like Nintendo is giving the Xenoblade IP much more attention than before.

Xenoblade is the new Final Fantasy.

TankRizzo

Banned
I-dont-believe-you.gif

I'm not believing Xenoblade will be out for a second until it's actually in my hands.

even then, I'd think it would be a 3D printed copy

I think the only situation where it would be possible is if they've reduced a lot the scope of the game. Because I doubt they could pull another 400km² open-world game, two years after Xeno X.

It would be disappointing to me if it's the case, as I'm more than okay to wait one more year to have another huge game.

What ? The whole Xenoblade 2 trailer was pure gameplay.

We saw a character walking around in a few backdrops. While it probably was inengine, it tells us nothing about how the game plays. What are the systems? What type of combat is it? How does the gameplay differ from Xenoblade Chronicles, if at all? The trailer answers none of these questions in the slightest

Lol no Xenoblade 2 isn't ready and they know it won't be.

Remember project X 2013.

Remember.
The reveal trailer shows how far along they are with the script and several other qualities and it seems the soundtracks recording will wrap up soon. It's further along than you think.

Astral Dog

I personally believe the game could be ready this year... But is that actually good for the game? People will be playing the Zelda DLC this holiday. That game will dominate the open world conversation throughout the year. If Nintendo can put out Smash Bros. and Pokémon this year, I wouldn't mind it slipping to Q1 2018 at all.
Dlc is not good reason for delaying anither game. This is not Wii U
so far ;)

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Because all we've seen is a high concept trailer with literally no gameplay? Because a broad "year" target release date is always worrying. Because even if it makes 2017 in Japan, it likely won't be until late in the year and a simultaneous launch is incredibly unlikely?

Nintendo generally has a short turnaround time for game announcements. Most directs and E3 presentations are filled with games that are announced for release within six months. [See: Super Mario 3D World, A Link Between Worlds, etc.]

It was only panic mode Nintendo in 2013 that started throwing out announcements for games that were YEARS off. I doubt they'll do that kind of thing too much from here on out.

Oregano

We saw a character walking around in a few backdrops. While it probably was inengine, it tells us nothing about how the game plays. What are the systems? What type of combat is it? How does the gameplay differ from Xenoblade Chronicles, if at all? The trailer answers none of these questions in the slightest

Spoiler: It plays like a Xenoblade game.

LordKano

This is the first trailer, supposed only to announce the game, not to overview everything. It's never a good thing to show everything in the first trailer, especially when they'll likely have another complex battle system, it would lead only to confusion.

Astral Dog

Nintendo generally has a short turnaround time for games. Most E3 presentations are filled with games that are announced for release within six months.

It was only panic mode Nintendo in 2013 that started throwing out announcements for games that were YEARS off. I doubt they'll do that kind of thing too much from here on out.

They will talk this E3 more.Xeno is back Get Hyped!

Malus

The characters have names and faces and voice acting which wasn't the case with Xenoblade X. That first teaser was like a vertical slice tech demo.

I've said it before but I don't get the impression that the trailers of X or Xenoblade 2 can be used as an indication of which was further along. X showed a lot more combat and a wider view of the overworld, X2 showed more story and towns. To me that's just a difference in what the two games are focused on.

I can believe that Xenoblade 2 will release faster because they shouldn't spend as much time on the engine but I'll believe 2017 when it's in my hands.

The fact that they're saying it's 2017 means it's closer to completion than not. I imagine if it does get delayed it's not for anymore than three or four months.

We can assume that sure, but what part of the trailer even slighly hints at that? How can we know they haven't totally retooled the battle system?
We'll probably get that at E3 but the trailer did showcase some new gameplay refinements like being able to ride animals. There were also enemies on the world map like Bunnits.

J@hranimo

Banned
Yup, people will be so surprised to see Xenoblade 2 out by this year's end.

Both are coming in 2017. No reason not to think that.

Oregano

Ok, but what part of the trailer leads you to believe they aren't changing it? If you were not familiar with the original Xenoblade or X at all, what information about the game's combat or other systems could you glean from this trailer?

What bearing does that have on when the game will release?

MTC100

Banned
I just realized -or rather remembered, that Fire Emblem Warriors is just a Dynasty Warriors Spin off, instead of being a full fledged strategy masterpiece -.-

-And yeah, chances are high Xenoblade gets delayed for a few extra months.

Yup, people will be so surprised to see Xenoblade 2 out by this year's end.

Both are coming in 2017. No reason not to think that.

I actually wouldn't be too shocked if it released in december or November this year... in Japan. But localisation isn't going to be simultaneous so we should expect it a few months later in the west, meaning Q1 2018 at the earliest. The only way we get it in 2017 in the west is if it comes out Summer 2017 in Japan, and anyone thinking the game is coming out in summer 2017 in Japan is insane

I don't have a Switch right now, but when i get one, i will also get Zelda, Mario and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at the same time.

Hyper triple package of happiness.
Really hope for that 2017 release.

They're just repeating the company line. Not really news.

Fire Emblem I can see coming in August/September like Hyrule did.

Xenoblade though... If this year has taught us anything it's that Q1 is the perfect time for that kind of game.

LordKano

I actually wouldn't be too shocked if it released in december or November this year... in Japan. But localisation isn't going to be simultaneous so we should expect it a few months later in the west, meaning Q1 2018 at the earliest. The only way we get it in 2017 in the west is if it comes out Summer 2017 in Japan, and anyone thinking the game is coming out in summer 2017 in Japan is insane

We don't know anything about the localization of the game yet.

MTC100

Banned

As long as it doesn't take 7 months for translating like Persona 5, everything's gonna be okay.

I just realized -or rather remembered, that Fire Emblem Warriors is just a Dynasty Warriors Spin off, instead of being a full fledged strategy masterpiece -.-

-And yeah, chances are high Xenoblade gets delayed for a few extra months.
Well yeah but there are like 4 other new Fire Emblem games, it's hardly an issue to have a spinoff.

Oregano

Yeah it sucks we have to wait until 2018 to play Fire Emblem Echoes. Those games never have simultaneous localisations!

This argument is very stupid since it means you can't trust any publisher and any release date, because they all delayed a game at some point.

No it means you should always be cautious about which release dates you believe and look at a few things to ascertain how likely they are to be true
1. How specific is the date? More specific dates are usually more likely to be accurate
2. How much have we been shown so far compared to the date?
3. For games like this where localisation is a huge factor: How long will it likely take to localize? For the date to be true, what's the earliest it would need to be out in Japan for it to make the date in the west if localisation is not simultaneous? How likely is a simultaneous localisation?

I don't think it's totally outrageous that Xenoblade 2 is out at the end of this year. It will be 2 1/2 years between Xenoblade Chronicles X Japanese release and Xenoblade 2's, which is more than enough time to get a new game ready.

I hope it does make it. I'm really looking forward to it.

Seik

Banned
Oh my, will Xeno 2 really meet the schedule?!

In all honesty, ever since it was announced, I doubted it.

Somehow I still do, but this gets my hopes up to MAYBE have some expectations for this year. :lol

Yeah it sucks we have to wait until 2018 to play Fire Emblem Echoes. Those games never have simultaneous localisations!

It's almost like Modern Fire Emblem had a huge surge of western popularity since awakening, which led directly to stronger efforts to localize further games as quickly as possible

brinstar

we saw even less of FE Warriors and no one is questioning that game's release date

Nairume

Banned
But localisation isn't going to be simultaneous so we should expect it a few months later in the west, meaning Q1 2018 at the earliest.
Why are we assuming they aren't going to be doing a simultaneous localization? They literally just did it for the biggest game they've ever released.

LordKano

No it means you should always be cautious about which release dates you believe and look at a few things to ascertain how likely they are to be true
1. How specific is the date? More specific dates are usually more likely to be accurate
2. How much have we been shown so far compared to the date?
3. For games like this where localisation is a huge factor: How long will it likely take to localize? For the date to be true, what's the earliest it would need to be out in Japan for it to make the date in the west if localisation is not simultaneous? How likely is a simultaneous localisation?

There's a difference between being cautious, as most people in this thread are, and denying every scenarios and explanations about why it could release this year, and mocking other people while rehashing older and unrelated examples as to why it can't release this year.

Oregano

It's almost like Modern Fire Emblem had a huge surge of western popularity since awakening, which led directly to stronger efforts to localize further games as quickly as possible

Except Fates still had a big wait.... and Xenoblade is also much more popular in the west.

Top Bottom