• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo unveils calendar for the rest of the year (NA)

robor

What the hell, Kirby's Epic Yarn in US October 17th and Europe has to wait 3 more months?? God dammit.

Shiggy said:
Why does America get Kirby this year...GRR ;D
Still, we get Last Window and Golden Sun in 2010^^

They can have Last Window and Golden Sun >: | >: |

ShinNL

This is kind of an amazing list, especially after Amir0x' preachings (sure taking his chance whenever he can to share his definitive thoughts about the Wii) and even ShockingAlberto's thread.

I actually think my wallet can't afford so many at the same time, so I have to buy some later with different paychecks. Hopefully people won't think it "bombs" if I do that.

Penguin

Rocket Punch said:
Metroid, Kirby and Donkey Kong in the same year make me happy :D

I know it has passed, but you also have to include Mario in that list, even if it came out in May.

It has been a heck of a year for Nintendo. :D

Soneet said:
This is kind of an amazing list, especially after Amir0x' preachings (sure taking his chance whenever he can to share his definitive thoughts about the Wii) and even ShockingAlberto's thread.
You surely didn't think I meant games that were coming out in like two months, did you?

Even still, that's...Epic Mickey. Which I named.

Krev said:
Vitality Sensor has gotta be for the next console. At least, some form of it.
Right? I mean, would they really launch something like that outside of the holiday season?
Balance Board hit NA in May.

[Nintex]

I'm certain that the 3DS will hit in 2010 now, it's not like Nintendo doesn't have more DS games. They could release Golden Sun and Fire Emblem but instead decided against it.

I might also be another case of Nintendo being Nintendo and 2011 will look like this:
Q1: afk/brb(*Sakaguchi retires*)
Q2: 3DS launch(Wii owners: "GameCube 2006 wasn't so bad...")
Q3: Pikmin 3/Mario Kart 3DS(Wii owners: "OMG DID YOU SEE ZELDA AT E3?")
Q4: Zelda SS Zelda OOT 3DS(Wii owners: ":(")

farnham

Banned
unbelievable that they put nba jam in their press release

but then again third party pretty much left so a freebie sold for 50 dollars is good enough for them i guess

Penguin said:
I know it has passed, but you also have to include Mario in that list, even if it came out in May.

It has been a heck of a year for Nintendo. :D
well they lost two month to MS

nintendo needs to get their act together for the holiday

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Metroid, DKR, Layton, Scribblenauts, Last Window, Ghost Trick.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

upandaway

Stumpokapow said:
For those too dense to read:

Kirby's Epic Yarn - October 17
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Nov 21
Yeeeaaaaaaahhhhh I was waiting for these dates!

Kirby is rocking. Awesome date.

Gameboy415

Has anyone actually tried PokePark?

I remember seeing it in stores when it came out while I was living in Japan but I couldn't tell if it was a 3D adventure game or some shitfest combination of Pokemon Channel and Hey You Pikachu.

Penguin

farnham said:
well they lost two month to MS

nintendo needs to get their act together for the holiday

Yeah because when I'm talking about games I enjoy, it has to reflect on how well the console is doing in NPDs.

So yeah awesome year for Nintendo as I was saying!

GeeDuhb

Adam Prime said:
Cool, now I have something to get for Christmas this year. :D

Heh, that's exactly what I thought when I saw this presser! My Christmas list has now been started, with DKR, Epic Mickey, and possibly new Scribblenauts.

mooooose

AWESOME DS SCHEDULE GUYS! What's there... two games?

Fuck Nintendo and their DS support for the past 3 years. They have done NOTHING compared to their output around 2005/2006.

farnham

Banned
mooooose said:

Fuck Nintendo and their DS support for the past 3 years. They have done NOTHING compared to their output around 2005/2006.
unlike the wii the ds has at least some 3rd parties working for it.

wrowa

robor said:
What the hell, Kirby's Epic Yarn in US October 17th and Europe has to wait 3 more months?? God dammit.
Well... look at the bright side! Americans have to wait until November for PokePark! We Europeans already got it! We also already got Samurai Warriors 3!

Uhm yeah, the question remains who in this world actually wants to play these games.

Sorry, Samurai Warriors fans. Both of you.

mooooose said:

First they moved on to Wii, and now to the 3DS. Hopefully their 3DS support will be a little more consistent.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Penguin said:
Well Smash Bros Melee and Spirit Tracks were both Dec titles, but yeah usually people want it out before black Friday and stuff.

Spirit Tracks was, yes. Smash Bros Melee is a little bit different, though. That was a case of a launch title that slipped at the last minute. Nintendo would have launched that in mid-november with the other launch titles if at all possible.

demolitio

This is the year that convinced me to rebuy a Wii and I'm happy I did. Black Ops and Goldeneye in the same month should be fun. :D

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
[Nintex] said:
I'm certain that the 3DS will hit in 2010 now, it's not like Nintendo doesn't have more DS games. They could release Golden Sun and Fire Emblem but instead decided against it.
I think the lack of more Nintendo games for DS confirms the exact opposite, that 3DS will come out next year in West. Japan that 99% will get 3DS this November/December has almost everything scheduled for DS this year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
EO III means that for me the DS has a strong end of the year.

I'll probably be just about finished with DQ IX by the time that comes out.

All I'm hoping for from Nintendo is that they release some new color bundles for DSi xl this holiday before sweeping it out the door. I really like the brown!

[Nintex] said:
I might also be another case of Nintendo being Nintendo and 2011 will look like this:
Q4: Zelda SS Zelda OOT 3DS(Wii owners: ":(")

Anyone that thinks Ocarina of Time 3D will hit next year, let alone sometime before 2012*, was either too young to remember 1995-1998, or you really don't pay attention to the long, checkered past of Zelda delays. Ocarina of Time was one of the most delayed games, especially for a high profile title. Considering how revered the game is by Nintendo and fans, it's like walking through a mine field. I wouldn't be surprised if it has a higher priority than Skyward Sword. They're going to take their time with the game, and it's not likely going to get anymore exposure until Skyword Sword releases.

*The exception is if OoT 3D has been in development for some time, but it doesn't appear that way.

Mockingbird said:
Art Academy is new at least. BUT NO HOTEL DUSK!

Yes they would rather release a DSiWare compilation to retail instead of Last Window...fuck you NoA.

Chris1964, Wii & DS both launched in North America before the rest of the world. If 3DS is coming, we'll most definitely get it first. :3

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mockingbird said:
Art Academy is new at least. BUT NO HOTEL DUSK!

It's actually not; the compilation was announced a little while, and the two games it compiles have been out on DSiWare for ages :p

AniHawk

October and November look pretty nice. Definitely picking up DKCR and Kirby. May be picking up
Sonic Colors

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AniHawk said:
October and November look pretty nice. Definitely picking up DKCR and Kirby. May be picking up
Sonic Colors

yikes

there's gotta be at least one kid's movie license platformer you'd rather than that

Everyone in the US whining about Golden Sun should just import it from UK when it comes out.

Game.co.uk

I used them for all my Zelda imports.

Top Bottom