• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo unveils calendar for the rest of the year (NA)

Kifimbo

Lock if old.

Nintendo Refreshes the Dog Days of Summer with Upcoming Cool Games
Dates Announced for New Kirby, Donkey Kong and Pokémon Games

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The summer is heating up, which means it’s a great time for Nintendo to announce some of the cool games it will have available in the coming months for its Wii™ home console and portable Nintendo DS™ family of systems.

“Everyone wants fun, engaging experiences, and they want great value”
“Everyone wants fun, engaging experiences, and they want great value,” said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Nintendo games give you both. And no matter what your taste, you’ll find exclusive experiences that just aren’t available anywhere else.”

Some upcoming Wii games include Metroid™: Other M on Aug. 31, Samurai Warriors™ 3 on Sept. 27, Wii Party™ on Oct. 3, Kirby’s Epic Yarn™ on Oct. 17, PokéPark™ Wii: Pikachu’s Adventure on Nov. 1, FlingSmash™ on Nov. 7 and Donkey Kong Country™ Returns on Nov. 21. Some marquee third-party games include New Carnival Games® from 2K Play on Sept. 21, NBA JAM from EA Sports™ on Oct. 5, Just Dance® 2 from Ubisoft® on Oct. 12, GoldenEye 007™ from Activision Publishing, Inc. in November, Sonic Colors™ from SEGA on Nov. 16 and Disney Epic Mickey from Disney Interactive Studios this holiday season.

For the Nintendo DS family of systems, upcoming games include Professor Layton and the Unwound Future™ on Sept. 12, Pokémon Ranger™: Guardian Signs on Oct. 4, Art Academy™ on Oct. 25 and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™: Mini-Land Mayhem! on Nov. 14. Some featured third-party games on the way for the rest of the year include Super Scribblenauts from Warner Bros. in October, FINAL FANTASY® THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT from Square Enix, Inc. on Oct. 5 and Rock Band™ 3 from Electronic Arts/MTV on Oct. 29.

Upcoming downloadable games for the WiiWare™ service include And Yet It Moves from Broken Rules on Aug. 23, BIT.TRIP FATE by Gaijin Games this fall and Super Meat Boy from Team Meat during the holidays. On the Nintendo DSiWare™ downloadable game service, fans can watch for Need For Speed™ Nitro-X from Electronic Arts on Sept. 20 and Shantae™: Risky’s Revenge from WayForward during the holidays.

Nintendo games have the unbeatable combination of value and fun. Nintendo DS games are great fun for every member of the family, while Wii games feature built-in motion controls without the need for any expensive add-ons. And the Wii hardware package comes with two great games, Wii Sports™ and Wii Sports Resort™, plus a Wii Remote™ controller, Nunchuk™ controller and the Wii MotionPlus™ accessory, which makes specially designed games even more precise – all for a suggested retail price of $199.99. The console even features the ability for Netflix members, who have a plan starting at $8.99 a month and a broadband Internet connection, to stream movies and TV shows directly to their televisions at no extra charge.

Remember that Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about Nintendo, visit www.nintendo.com.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Now if only they did a press release like this for the rest of the world.

Fuck :(

Chris1964 said:
Nintendo dated almost every game from mid August?

I'm sure this is an accidental leak.

They must be on weed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
For those too dense to read:

Metroid Other M - August 31
Samurai Warriors 3 - September 27
Wii Party - October 3
Kirby's Epic Yarn - October 17
PokePark Wii - November 1
FlingSmash - November 7
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Nov 21

New Carnival Games - September 21
NBA Jam - October 5
Just Dance 2 - October 12
Goldeneye 007 - November
Sonic Colors - November 16
Epic Mickey - Undated, "holiday season"

Professor Layton 3 - September 12
Pokemon Ranger 3 - October 4
Art Academy - October 25
Mario vs Donkey Kong 4 - November 14

Super Scribblenauts - October
Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light - October 5
Rock Band 3 - October 29

And Yet It Moves (WiiWare) - August 23
BIT.TRIP FATE - Fall
Super Meat Boy - Holidays

Need for Speed Nitro-X (DSiWare) - September 20
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Holidays

[Nintex]

Chris1964 said:
Nintendo dated almost every game from mid August?

I'm sure this is an accidental leak.
All those games are printed and finished and they just want to go on a holiday.

Peff

I hope Europe gets DKC earlier :( Weird that Epic Mickey is still undated, I guess that'll also be November.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
[Nintex] said:
Noticed that as well and the Vitality Sensor has been delayed/canned(?).
Vitality Sensor has gotta be for the next console. At least, some form of it.
Right? I mean, would they really launch something like that outside of the holiday season?

Peff said:
Weird that Epic Mickey is still undated, I guess that'll also be November.
Some said it seemed quite unpolished/unfinished at E3 this year.
The plan was originally for a mid-October launch. I'm guessing it will come in late November.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
[Nintex] said:
Noticed that as well and the Vitality Sensor has been delayed/canned(?).
You can't date something that will be revealed later, at September/October conference possibly.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Peff said:
Weird that Epic Mickey is still undated, I guess that'll also be November.
There was a November date on the calendar at the end of the intro. I wonder if that's the actual release date.

Penguin

That's a rather compact list for Nintendo this holiday season. I guess they are going with a huge snack than a big meal this year.

Yay finally got some dates. You never know Golden Sun could still be released in December just in time for Christmas!

But there is more than enough on there to keep me busy. Plus I have Metroid and Pokemon White coming in September!

Now I doubt 3DS coming soon after seeing that lineup though. :/

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Man, I was hoping to play Golden Sun this holiday. :/

I wonder when in 2011 is it coming out.

kiryogi

Banned
Sorta sad that Shantae seems to be in a unsure holiday state. But that still gives me time to get a DSi of some sort!

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
andymcc said:
no xenoblade!
We knew that already, since it wasn't on the list for investors. If it's localised (and I think (hope?) it will be) it will probably come to help plug the gap of quality releases in 2011.

But...but...Xenoblade.com and TheLastStory.com redirect to Nintendo.com ;_;

crazy monkey said:
I recently played carnival games. It was ok. I will look forward to new carnival games hope it is tonne better because there is so much they can do to improve.

Not sure if serious...

I recently played carnival games. It was ok. I will look forward to new carnival games hope it is tonne better because there is so much they can do to improve.

mclem

Penguin said:
That's a rather compact list for Nintendo this holiday season. I guess they are going with a huge snack than a big meal this year.

It's 'cause they're keeping the decks clear for 3DS in time for Christmas!

BELIEVE!

(*sob*)

Also on the most recent release list Xenoblade was still on their under the name Monado: Beginning of the World.

Hmm...no Line Attack Heroes WiiWare for the US.

VOOK said:
Hopefully it's gone to 3DS, it looked terrible.
Yeah it could benefit from the 3DS, but I think it's too late in the game for them to do it. They could still release it in December.

I just have a feeling that they are gonna launch 3DS along Pokémon Black & White in the US even though those are just regular DS games anyway.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Penguin said:

It's really not.

They're releasing 11 titles (7 Wii, 4 DS) from August to December:
- 2009: 3 Wii, 5 DS
- 2008: 4 Wii, 4 DS
- 2007: 5 Wii, 7 DS
- 2006: 3 Wii, 11 DS

Above 2009 and 2008 by SKU count, below 2007/2006.

Chris1964 said:
I don't remember last year's end line up well but I doubt it was significantly better than this.

August-December 2009, DS:
Zelda: ST
Style Savvy
Pokemon MD 2.5
Mario and Luigi 3
Professor Layton 2

You be the judge, I'd say 2009's lineup was stronger but I don't really care about the comparison :p

Stumpokapow said:
That's what happens when a console is winding down. I thought the PS2's fall 2006 / spring 2007 lineup was pretty weak too :p
Really? I thought it was fucking awesome.

Yakuza, Valkyrie Profile 2, Okami, LEGO Star Wars II, Bully, Tales of the Abyss, God Hand, Final Fantasy XII, Guitar Hero 2, ATV Off-Road 4, God of War 2... that was weak?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And here I was hoping for a Reggie photoshoot calendar.

There's no knowing how good NoE's release schedule will be. They are so unpredictable compared to the "always bad" approach they went with last gen.

Looks like I'll be importing Last Window from Europe. Thank you Sucktendo of Amerika for not releasing another game with Kyle Hyde in it. Also, I thought Hotel Dusk did pretty well in the US, but I'm only using that knowledge from the Localization Record thread I made...

Fucking hell where is Ghost Trick, I hope that's still coming!

syoaran

Lots of bundle deals and a possible price slash on the Wii could see them though the winter until the 3DS, but looking at the list they really don't have any heavy hitters other than Epic Mickey coming out. I hope Disney really market that game out as much as possible to an audience other than the 3-6 age, because the game is starting to shape up really well.

Penguin

syoaran said:
Lots of bundle deals and a possible price slash on the Wii could see them though the winter until the 3DS, but looking at the list they really don't have any heavy hitters other than Epic Mickey coming out. I hope Disney really market that game out as much as possible to an audience other than the 3-6 age, because the game is starting to shape up really well.

Donkey Kong is a fairly meaty franchise as well, I think people forget because of how low Jungle Beat sold, but this one has co-op and doesn't need a bongo (as disappointing as that is :( )

And I'm sure with some Nintendo magic Wii Party can become a success.

And Goldeneye seems to be doing everything right so far.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yeah, so Vitality Sensor is either being moved to the next console or is a Japan-focused title for this holiday.

Top Bottom