• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo unveils calendar for the rest of the year (NA)

AniHawk

Stumpokapow said:
yikes

there's gotta be at least one kid's movie license platformer you'd rather than that

It's basically Sonic Rush 3 on the DS and the demo I played at E3 was conspicuously void of most of the problems that plague 3D Sonic.

And yes, I'm picking up Metroid, too. That one's already paid off in full. I have $20 amazon credit that I should probably use towards Kirby or New Vegas or something coming out soonerish.

ZAK

Aw, I was hoping for September Kirby, timely to my birthday. Oh well, I don't think I'll have time for it anyway. <_<;

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
MidnightScott said:
Chris1964, Wii & DS both launched in North America before the rest of the world. If 3DS is coming, we'll most definitely get it first. :3
Everything points that you won't.
Maybe even we get it before you.

AniHawk

DKCR is hitting the day I would've expected the 3DS launch. So it's not happening. I sorta wonder if Golden Sun 3 and Pokemon Gen 5 will get the GB/C black cart treatment where they can play on both systems with added functionality when put in the newer system. That way they might get away with having them as pseudo launch titles.

Wow, never ever thought I'd be buying so many Wii games in such a short space of time.

Fuck.

I'm only buying 1 or 2 more 360 games between now and December, and no PS3 games.

Yet I can very easily count 5 Wii games there. :lol

robor

wrowa said:
Well... look at the bright side! Americans have to wait until November for PokePark! We Europeans already got it! We also already got Samurai Warriors 3!

Uhm yeah, the question remains who in this world actually wants to play these games.

Sorry, Samurai Warriors fans. Both of you.

I could take DKCR for next year, I could wait it out, I'm cool with that. But Kirby? It's just CRUEL to release it next year! Now I gotta rage-wait for another 3 months while most of my Kirby comrades will be discussing their experiences on the game. Ahhh life.

TreIII said:
Samus, Kirby and DK,, all within a few months of each other. My Wii is happy. :D

Damn you, damn you and your awesome country!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Donkey Kong and Kirby will be mine!

Looking to cut back on spending so the rest will have to wait.

JSR

AniHawk said:
DKCR is hitting the day I would've expected the 3DS launch. So it's not happening. I sorta wonder if Golden Sun 3 and Pokemon Gen 5 will get the GB/C black cart treatment where they can play on both systems with added functionality when put in the newer system. That way they might get away with having them as pseudo launch titles.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The weekend of November 21 is typically when Nintendo launches new hardware (GameCube on 11/18/01, DS on 11/21/04, Wii on 11/19/06), so if the 3DS were to come out this year, it'd probably be on 11/21. I seriously doubt Nintendo would overshadow the launch of DKC Returns with the 3DS. So yeah, it seems like no 3DS this year.

sphinx

the piano man
Autum 2010 will be a damn good time to be a nintendo gamer.

If nintendo somehow managed to keep up with the the pace of releases in the rest of the seasons in a year, the everlasting "OMG,! NO 3rd parties on Wii! What are we gonna do!" argument would be silly and laughable.

Kirby, Metroid, Donkey Kong and Epic Mickey wrapped for christmas under my Tree will make me feel giddy inside :D

Nessus

And Yet It Moves (WiiWare) - August 23
BIT.TRIP FATE - Fall
Super Meat Boy - Holidays

I will almost certainly buy all 3 of these. Will wait and see what Bit.Trip Fate is exactly, but those guys have a good track record.

Where the heck is Last Window? They are seriously going to do this again?

Hotel Dusk sold well and it's already going to be translated into English and still they are going to pass? Unbelievable.

And Fire Emblem? Golden Sun? Chibi-Robo? >_<

jrricky

Banned
Metroid, Kirby, DCKR, GoldenEye, Layton, Rockband 3 Keyboard, Epic Mickey, Conduit 2 and NBA Jam (if it has online :/) and any 360 game that wets my apetite (at this point there is none yet).

Gunloc said:

Hotel Dusk sold well and it's already going to be translated into English and still they are going to pass? Unbelievable.

yep, screw Nintendo's localization efforts.

Gunloc said:

the DS game is $10 at wally world now.

This holiday will be tough for Nintendo. They have a few A titles Wii Party/Kirby/DK, but no AAA titles coming this year ( Zelda/Mario )

I'm almost not too disappointed about this because I feel that a weak lineup for both platforms means a better chance for 3DS to be released by Christmas :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Metroid, Kirby, and maybe a Last Window import for me. I'm also very pumped for 999 to hit DS in November.

perfectchaos007 said:

This holiday will be tough for Nintendo. They have a few A titles Wii Party/Kirby/DK, but no AAA titles coming this year ( Zelda/Mario )

I'm almost not too disappointed about this because I feel that a weak lineup for both platforms means a better chance for 3DS to be released by Christmas :)

We just got like 2 Mario Wii games within the span of 6 months! Zelda will probably be coming in early 2011. I don't think they want to pit Zelda SS against the 3DS.

You have Metroid at the end of this month, and then Kirby in October, and Donkey Kong in November. Be happy!

Remember, it could be like 2008, where they gave us shit like Animal Crossing & Wii Music and tried to call those core games.

I have a somewhat accurate list of all the releases. You can see that Nintendo still caters to Japan, despite Japan losing interest in Wii & DS. Japan is in love with the PSP again...or they never stopped? :s
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398494

GrotesqueBeauty said:
I feel like the second half of 2010 is an apology from Nintendo for the second half of 2008. Apology accepted.

Yeah that I can agree with. It just sucks that I have to import the other games I want to play because they don't want to release them here.

But hell yeah, Metroid, Kirby, DK...I bet they were put into motion after that horrid conference.

Wow, so 3DS really isn't coming this year.

Kirby, DKC: R, and Super Scribblenauts are definites for me from this list.

FlingSmash showed well in a couple videos from E3. Is it going to be full retail? Or maybe a $30/40 title bumped to $50/$60 with the pack-in Motion +? What is the meat of the game?

farnham

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:

wii party is going to sell gangbusters

Top Bottom