• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: updated Wii U / 3DS planning for the next few months (Jan. 29)

L~A

1st-party:

17cugx.png

3rd-party:

Remember: listing is always not exhaustive and missing stuff (especially for 3rd-parties).

Source

I bet Yoshi's Wooly World is now a late summer/early fall release. I know it still says 1st half for North America and Europe but I have my doubts.

I guess it's possibly a June release.

Lunar15

Haha, SMTxFE will live forever!

EDIT: Giant Robot listed for 1st half of 2015 in US?

EDIT EDIT: new FE game listed for Summer 2015 in Japan. My bet is that it'll make it to the US by winter.

Kouriozan

Devil Training will also never release at this rate, it's the new Flipnote :lol
Dear you, and dear everyone:

They have now changed the language from "first half 2015" to just "2015."

It's NOT FIRST HALF ANYMORE. GIVE UP.
I swear I read 1H for NA in a previous Direct.
My bad :x

Neoxon

At least SMTxFE is still a thing. Though it looks like Mario Maker is gonna take a bit longer for it to come out.

Yoshi's still first half. April?

At least SMTxFE is still a thing. Though it looks like Mario Maker is gonna take a bit longer for it to come out.

I feel like the scope of the game increased after E3. Oh, you mean people want Mario World and 3 tile sets? And distinct physics sets? And online sharing?

Phamit

Xenoblade has a release date in Japan, didn't know they already revealed it.

Also Kirby in europe in the second half....

Shibata why are you sometimes so cruel? Do you need our Tears to refill your awesome engine ?

mdubs

Banned
If they end up not pushing anything back, fall 2015 gonna be stacked with Zelda, Star Fox and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Lol at silly people who think a Wii U isn't worth $200

Would love if Yoshi actually released in June.

Devil's Third seems like a game that would probably bomb (even more) in Japan anyway. Still very excited and Day 1 for me. I was hoping it would be an April game as it seemed they were nearing completion.

Project Treasure is only Japan but was shown in the US direct.

jmizzal

I can see them making it pretty big a sitting on it til the Holidays, it will prob be 39.99 packed with content, and Mario is on the box it will sell huge.

Its also completely different then Zelda, StarFox and Xenoblade CX that it can release the same month as one of those games and not effect sales, its more of an evergreen title too.

Also the 3rd party looks worst then ever, people tried to say it was bad before but there was plenty but now its really bad, also Project Treasure is coming to the west but not listed

AniHawk

Haha, SMTxFE will live forever!

EDIT: Giant Robot listed for 1st half of 2015 in US?

EDIT EDIT: new FE game listed for Summer 2015 in Japan. My bet is that it'll make it to the US by winter.

the quickest turnaround was four months between august and december for shadow dragon (and that was for europe). but now with voice acting and more text, and with other, bigger games, it's probably set for february or march 2016. whatever 'summer' means, add a good 7-9 months.

hatchx

Banned
I bet Yoshi's Wooly World is now a late summer/early fall release. I know it still says 1st half for North America and Europe but I have my doubts.

I guess it's possibly a June release.

If it is to be delayed and they are saying 1st half now, I bet it's a summer title. No way it's going to fall all the way until holiday unless the game has changed to a 3D platformer or has faced major development problems.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't understand what is NoE doing with Kirby. On the bright side, Yoshi and Project Giant something are still scheduled for H1 2015. Maybe April and June releases.

Edit: oh, Project Treasure is also for this year in Japan? That's interesting.

Muzy72

Banned
Guessing Project Giant Robot is going to be a surprise "right after this Nintendo Direct" release in April, and Yoshi's Woolly World in June.

Looks like they're holding Mario Maker for the holidays.

maxcriden

Very glad to see Yoshi is still H1 2015. As I suspected, Mario Maker is now no longer slated for H1. I'll be glad to see either when they land, though!

Sooo...

Aug: Devil's Third
Sep: Xenoblade
Oct: Starfox
Nov: Zelda
Dec: Mario Maker

I wonder what kind of a push, if any, Devil's Third will get.

Ansatz

So Project Giant Robot is a thing? And it's coming first half 2015?

woah.

I was just about to mention it. That and the fact that the other Miyamoto project game is just listed as "2015"

I guess that kills the possibility of a sequel to Nintendo Land.

maxcriden

Has Tipping Stars been confirmed physical for NA?

Digital only in NA. Physical box with code in EU. CIB in JP.

Yoshi's still first half. April?

I feel like the scope of the game increased after E3. Oh, you mean people want Mario World and 3 tile sets? And distinct physics sets? And online sharing?

FWIW, online sharing was always in consideration from E3. Anyway, I'd love Yoshi in April but I'm expecting June at this point.

Huh, I didn't know Tipping Stars was coming out on both platforms.

Not only that, but if you buy one, you get a free code for the other. No cross-save, though.

Maybe it's part 1 of episodic Star Fox? ;)

That'd be rad, but IIRC the two are related but separate projects. Although it seems at E3 they weren't sure what form PG and PGR would eventually take.

Devil Training will also never release at this rate, it's the new Flipnote :lol
I swear I read 1H for NA in a previous Direct.
My bad :x

As you discovered, you were right ;) It was originally a H1 game, just as Kirby and MVDK were originally 2015 in general, implying H2 (for NA).

Top Bottom