• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Voice Chat Episode 31

Milabrega

http://wii.ign.com/articles/938/938638p1.html

Ign said:
The last big Wii game of the year ships this week: Rock Band 2. We've been playing it, and we're pretty darn impressed.

Bozon is totally shell shocked about the recently announced TMNT fighter.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars has been granted a release date.

And there are loads of DS reviews to mop up.

Direct Link: http://s.wiimovies.ign.com/wii/audio/article/938/938638/NintendoVoiceChatEpisode31.mp3

Golden Darkness said:
More Fleshed out summary(incomplete?): http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=7307

TMNT NES intro music was great.

plank

Ive been posting this for like the last three threads on this subject and never got a response. But I'll do it again anyway. "Summary"?

AniHawk

-Guitar Hero World Tour instruments work on Rock Band 2. RB2 Wii looks better than PS2. Scaled down 360 port than upgraded PS2 port.
-Bozon OMGs at TMNT. Totally psyched for the game. Expect to see something for it sometime in 2009 I guess.
-Wii Nerf gun works really well. Game is cheesy generic lightgunny stuff.
-Strong Bad Episode 5: Telltale saved the best for last. Lots of throwback stuff to retro games. Might be a Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Season 2 if sales are good.
-GTA: Chinatown Wars Winter 2009. Probably very last day of Winter. Expect preview in early January.
-Talk about DSi. Worried about memory stick stuff.
-Suikoden DS is looking pretty good. Some bitching about random battles in general ensues. Gives FFIV a run for its money.

READER MAIL
-How do you get DS set up to TV? DS capture box.
-Talk about old school games and multiplayer stuff and kids modes. Dunno why.

Holiday Wishes:
-Hope the Wii is better next year.
-Talks about their family and stuff.

AniHawk said:
-Rock Band 2 is pretty much as good as the other versions. Feels like it was made ground-up for the system.
-Don't have many details about the TMNT fighter, but the team behind it is pretty respected and they're excited for it.
-Bitching about Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars's price ($50). They've seen the game though and it's better than the GBA game at least. Hoping this means a Wii GTA is on the way soon.
-A look back at 2008. Call it the worst year for the Wii including 2006. Say 2009 will definitely be the best. Hint at surprises from Retro, Konami, and EA.
-New unannounced Square Enix game for the Wii to be a long-awaited sequel.
-Wii Zelda is probably 2010, expect Pikmin 3 and the Retro game to be the big holiday titles for 2009.

I like how they're not not even mentioning the Kid Icarus clusterfuck anymore.

Threi

notag
AniHawk said:
-New unannounced Square Enix game for the Wii to be a long-awaited sequel.
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

i wonder how dark it is

Milabrega

plank said:
Ive been posting this for like the last three threads on this subject and never got a response. But I'll do it again anyway. "Summary"?

Because it is essentially the same thing as "Bold Please", which thankfully became bannable. If you enjoy summaries, one week man up and do it yourself. Information doesn't come out of these podcasts anymore, and the Spiderman 3 effect has happened and makes me believe it never really did. I mean yeah, there was Kid Icarus Wii, but on the other side of the arguement there is .... Kid Icarus Wii. Sure they're back to their old Kid Icarus tricks with "big Konami game" and "Big EA game" but its mostly just them giving their opinion on the current state of Nintendo gaming.

donny2112

AniHawk said:
-Wii Zelda is probably 2010, expect Pikmin 3 and the Retro game to be the big holiday titles for 2009.

They pull that kind of stuff from their butts or else I might have a reason to believe them. Pikmin 3 will probably be after Pikmin 1 and 2 are re-released, so that's likely for late next year/early 2010. Zelda: TP came out two years ago. Galaxy came out 1 year ago. Nintendo won't let another Fall go by without a real Fall big hit, and Pikmin 3/unnamed Retro games won't be it. Ugh.

Maybe a Majora's Mask style reuse of the Twilight Princess engine with some Motion+ hooks for more immersion will be the big fall game next year?

Threi said:
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Bushido Blade 3 with Wii motion+

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yeah I don't trust Anihawk

I think he's trying to fool ********** again

markatisu

donny2112 said:
They pull that kind of stuff from their butts or else I might have a reason to believe them. Pikmin 3 will probably be after Pikmin 1 and 2 are re-released, so that's likely for late next year/early 2010. Zelda: TP came out two years ago. Galaxy came out 1 year ago. Nintendo won't let another Fall go by without a real Fall big hit, and Pikmin 3/unnamed Retro games won't be it. Ugh

Look on the brightside, at least this week we are not getting VGC sales numbers and Wii Music sux, Wii has no games and all games that come out are reviewed at 5.0

donny2112

markatisu said:
Look on the brightside, at least this week we are not getting VGC sales numbers and Wii Music sux, Wii has no games and all games that come out are reviewed at 5.0

You make a strong point. :D

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
AniHawk said:
-Guitar Hero World Tour instruments work on Rock Band 2. RB2 Wii looks better than PS2. Scaled down 360 port than upgraded PS2 port.
-Bozon OMGs at TMNT. Totally psyched for the game. Expect to see something for it sometime in 2009 I guess.
-Wii Nerf gun works really well. Game is cheesy generic lightgunny stuff.
-Strong Bad Episode 5: Telltale saved the best for last. Lots of throwback stuff to retro games. Might be a Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Season 2 if sales are good.
-GTA: Chinatown Wars Winter 2009. Probably very last day of Winter. Expect preview in early January.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Called it

donny2112 said:
They pull that kind of stuff from their butts or else I might have a reason to believe them. Pikmin 3 will probably be after Pikmin 1 and 2 are re-released, so that's likely for late next year/early 2010. Zelda: TP came out two years ago. Galaxy came out 1 year ago. Nintendo won't let another Fall go by without a real Fall big hit, and Pikmin 3/unnamed Retro games won't be it. Ugh.

Maybe a Majora's Mask style reuse of the Twilight Princess engine with some Motion+ hooks for more immersion will be the big fall game next year?
Wasn't the rumor going around that the Retro game is the next Zelda?

donny2112

CreatureX3 said:
Wasn't the rumor going around that the Retro game is the next Zelda?

I think that was just speculation. We know that the same team that did Twilight Princess is already at work on the next Zelda under Aonuma. It's supposed to be bring a lot of new concepts to the series, which means that it'll be 70% the same game we're used to. :D

Threi

notag
the quick removal only means that AniHawk is under NDA, which means its confirmed.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

donny2112 said:

Meh, by fall/ Winter 09 it would have been 3 years sence TP was released which pretty much jives with their time frame for releasing LoZ console titles. (OOT-98/ MM-00/ WW-03/ Tp-06 . . . LoZWii-09? Not saying they HAVE to do this . . . just that I don't see any reason it would take this one 4 years)

I think it will be a brand new game (with it's own new engine, art stlye and everthing) by fall of next year. Nintendo is BOUND to come out with the first "bad ass use of M+ in a high profile game" and I think LoZ Wii will be the trend setter for 1:1 controls.:D

Oh, and have IGN STFU about Kid Icarus being the "big 09 Nintendo Title" yet?

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Black-Wind said:
Meh, by fall/ Winter 09 it would have been 3 years sence TP was released which pretty much jives with their time frame for releasing LoZ console titles. (OOT-98/ MM-00/ WW-03/ Tp-06 . . . LoZWii-09? Not saying they HAVE to do this . . . just that I don't see any reason it would take this one 4 years)

I think it will be a brand new game (with it's own new engine, art stlye and everthing) by fall of next year. Nintendo is BOUND to come out with the first "bad ass use of M+ in a high profile game" and I think LoZ Wii will be the trend setter for 1:1 controls.:D

Oh, and have IGN STFU about Kid Icarus being the "big 09 Nintendo Title" yet?

I doubt this since an E3'08 interview with Miyamoto said that the "zelda team" was in the design/concept stage still.

vanguardian1 said:
I doubt this since an E3'08 interview with Miyamoto said that the "zelda team" was in the design/concept stage still.
Miyamoto says alot of things . . . like his playful dropping of Punch Out!! Wii using m+ before it was ever revealed. (only bringing this up cause he talked about it as if it was simply an idea for how Boxing with M+ could best Wii Sports Boxing . . and nothing more)

Alot of the time he (or Iwata, forgot which FAKE EDIT Miyamoto) simply says " our Mario/ LoZ Teams are hard at work on those games". Hell, I remember one of them saying that these teams are always working on these games (was most likely Miyamoto).

FAKE EDIT "The Zelda team in particular always works on Zelda titles. The core members of the Zelda team have for a very long time now been focused on Zelda games, and continue to focus on Zelda games, so they are hard at work and working away"

I would think it to be pretty odd for the whole LoZ team to just now start getting together and planing out the Wii and DS LoZ games when they have already worked on the Wii and DS (plus, wtf would Aonuma be doing at work all this time?). I just think he wants to keep things under wraps for right now . . . thats the best way to make people stop asking you stuff.

I will just keep this in my back pocket for now. If it's revealed for anytime in late 09 it will be at E3 (Oct if it's early-first half 10) . . . which sucks cause thats sooo long from now. So its on standby mode :D

Seems like they are back. Summary (courtesy of Nintendoeverything.com) :

Moon

- Bozon liked it - Gave the game an 8.5
- Runs 60 FPS, looks beautiful, technically awesome
- A lot of exploration
- Remote access droid is pretty cool
- Only downside is that you shoot at a lot of floating robots - Become repetitive - Worlds look the same
- Still a really fun game - pretty rewarding
- Seems to be inspired my Metroid
- Story neat as well
- Bozon thinks best FPS on DS is still Metroid Prime Hunters
- Hope to get news on Wii game soon

Call of Duty: World at War (DS)

- Bozon gave it a good review - 8.3
- Has online
- WWII has been overdone
- Matt heard that World at War hasn’t been selling so well on Nintendo platforms

Personal Trainer: Math

- Not fun
- Seems like math questions from Brain Age pulled out and expanded into this game
- No real minigames that are fun
- Just do math programs and you’ll get better at them
- Strange because Personal Trainer: Cooking was incredible
- Matt wonders if Carrie Underwood will like it
- Well developed, but again, just not fun

Trackmania

- Has been around for a few years now
- No online for the DS version
- Go against computer times, still track creator and some cool challenges
- There is local multiplayer
- Track editor same as it is on the PC

Jungle Speed and Planet Pachinko (WiiWare)

- Bozon has had his hands full with Sandy Beach
- Jungle Speed apparently based on card game
- Castlevania III on VC as well - Bozon says it’s awesome

- Guitar Hero III the first one game to pass $1 billion in sales
- Matt “saw” MySims Party at CES - Mini-games with MySims characters

Trivial Pursuit

- Use Wiimote to select pieces on the board
- All timing based
- Like a quiz game
- Matt says it’s very very casual

Scrabble (DS)

- Works very well
- Was fun
- Not sure if the game will have online - doesn’t look like it

- Not a whole lot of Wii software at CES
- Matt got a tip about a release date for DSi (unconfirmed), much earlier than what a lot of people would think
- Some speculation about Wii sales for December at 3 million

Klonoa

- Namco Bandai announced Klonoa for Wii heading to North America
- Bozon, Craig like Klonoa
- Matt likes the style of the Wii game
- Media coming in the near future
- Matt chatted with Namco about Fragile and Sky Crawlers - Don’t expect Sky Crawlers this year or possibly ever - Did not have anything to say about Fragile for this year - Maybe someone other than Namco will publish it

Reader questions

- Unsure if Ubisoft will make a new Rayman game (not Raving Rabbids)
- New true Pokemon RPG on the DS? They could, Platinum hasn’t even released yet - Craig says yes
- Thoughts on adding warning to video games? If it doesn’t affect the content, Craig doesn’t care. Matt doesn’t really seem to mind.
- MadWorld hands-on soon? Craig has played it, can’t write about it for a couple of days - Matt will be very excited to review MadWorld - Bozon can’t wait
- Factor 5 situation? Matt doesn’t know what’s going on, Matt tried contacting them over the holiday - service to the company still works - Might be an opportunity for Nintendo to buy Factor 5, make the company internal - There’s something up obviously since Matt hasn’t received any replies
- 2009 - year of the Wii? - Matt fully expects to hear news of Mario and Zelda at this year’s E3 - Mario might be this year if it’s Mario Galaxy 2 - 2009 will be a much stronger year for Wii than last year
- Opinions on EGM/1UP? - It’s bad news - just trying to make a living and now have to find new jobs - Matt feels like magazines are beginning to show their age
- Re-review of Rygar? Wasn’t delayed for dev. reasons, decided to delay it due to rush of games - Probably won’t review it again
- Smaller devs on WiiWare sales? Matt has talked with a few people that weren’t too pleased with sales - World of Goo, Tetris Party will probably sell well - Nintendo still needs to let people know about WiiWare
- Matt can’t say which title (though it’s already been announced), but a third party which has a major online game on the way are not going to use friend codes
- The Conduit online multiplayer mode? Matt will be able to test it soon
- What’s next for de Blob team? Everyone’s been watching de Blob to see how it will perform - Matt hopes they will do de Blob 2
- Why no DLC for Rock Band II yet? Daemon has been trying to find out, no one is communicating with him - Might be the same thing that happened with Guitar Hero where Nintendo has to approve
- How long is Moon? About 15 hours - In-game clock at around 12 hours
- When can we expect news about Madden 2010? Team probably at alpha already, maybe a couple of months
- Updated impressions on House of the Dead: Overkill? New build from SEGA tomorrow - Will go hands on with levels 4 + 5
- Matt brings up the dark game they’ve been talking about in the past - Will have something next week on it - Not in development really anymore - couldn’t find a publisher, no one wanted to take a gamble - not the second coming, but it’s a cool concept - technology will impress some people

Nice, MadWorld hands-on coming this week apparently.
Regarding Fragile's localization, I hope Namco's elusive answer means something is planned/being done right now, be it by someone else than Namco...

legend166

assamassina said:
- Matt brings up the dark game they’ve been talking about in the past - Will have something next week on it - Not in development really anymore - couldn’t find a publisher, no one wanted to take a gamble - not the second coming, but it’s a cool concept - technology will impress some people

lol ign

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Ahahahahahahahahaha :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Matt haters will be owned.

- New true Pokemon RPG on the DS? They could, Platinum hasn’t even released yet - Craig says yes

Pokemon Gold/Silver remakes ALL OVER MYSELF

Akai

Matt chatted with Namco about Fragile and Sky Crawlers - Don’t expect Sky Crawlers this year or possibly ever - Did not have anything to say about Fragile for this year - Maybe someone other than Namco will publish it

Namco, I hate you so much...Especially after hearing you are localizing that 360 Magna Carta sequel...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
- Unsure if Ubisoft will make a new Rayman game (not Raving Rabbids)

This is why you have to actually listen to the podcast. Matt accidently confirmed it.

Q: "I was organizing my game collection and came across Rayman 2 for the Nintendo 64, remembered how much fun it was, I played this game back to back, blahblahblah. Rayman 3 was fun but Rayman 2 is still my favorite. After all the Rayman Raving Rabbids minigame collections, do you think that Ubisoft will make a true Rayman sequel?"

M: "Yeah, they are doing it. They already showed-, wait, no, I didn't say that."

C: "No."

All: (laugh)

Even though he goes on to say he's joking, I don't buy it...

Matt fully expects to hear news of Mario and Zelda at this year’s E3
I fully expect this won't happen since Nintendo doesn't use E3 for that anymore. They do it in their October conferences.

I also fully expect Matt will bitch hard because Nintendo lied to him by letting him believe this expectation and not telling him differently.

- Matt can’t say which title (though it’s already been announced), but a third party which has a major online game on the way are not going to use friend codes
This one is almost certainly Monster Hunter.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
- Why no DLC for Rock Band II yet? Daemon has been trying to find out, no one is communicating with him - Might be the same thing that happened with Guitar Hero where Nintendo has to approve
Man Guitar Hero has had DLC since the beginning. I don't get what the problem is.

Top Bottom