• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast, Episode 57

hatchx

Banned
I have a feeling the unannounced game is Sin and Punishment 2, but the localized NA version. They probably plan to release in January or February and because that's not announced....Nintendo won't let them talk about it.

Shiggy

hatchx said:
I have a feeling the unannounced game is Sin and Punishment 2, but the localized NA version. They probably plan to release in January or February and because that's not announced....Nintendo won't let them talk about it.

Even IGN is not that dumb ...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
hatchx said:
Sin and Punishment 2 was announced for an international release LAST FUCKING YEAR.

There was a demo at E3 ffs.

hatchx

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Sin and Punishment 2 was announced for an international release LAST FUCKING YEAR.

There was a demo at E3 ffs.

If Nintendo says 'here you go, here is the US version of Sin and Punishment 2....but you CAN'T say you got and you can't talk about it until ________'.

It's very possible, Nintendo has done weirder things. The way IGN described it didn't make me think it was some new, AAA, exciting, hardcore blockbuster.

botticus

hatchx said:
If Nintendo says 'here you go, here is the US version of Sin and Punishment 2....but you CAN'T say you got and you can't talk about it until ________'.

It's very possible, Nintendo has done weirder things. The way IGN described it didn't make me think it was some new, AAA, exciting, hardcore blockbuster.
But they did say it was an unannounced title, and I have Sin & Punishment 2 preordered at Amazon.

hatchx

Banned
botticus said:
But they did say it was an unannounced title, and I have Sin & Punishment 2 preordered at Amazon.

When does it come out? Maybe I should pre-order it too.

EDIT- I know what it is, it must be Pikmin 2 NPC.

I've been hoping they would announce Mario Sunshine NPC.

But I think that would be a little overkill on the Mario titles at this point.

Plus I don't know if they could map all the buttons.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Rogue Squadron 3? It's a game we know is in development, and is fairly far along.

Edit: Seems like people have.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
hatchx said:

Which is what Sin and Punishment 2 IS.

Except for the blockbuster part. :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Shiggy said:
Sin and Punishment 2 is not unannounced.

Re-read his post see. I'm agreeing it's NOT Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Sky.

Which better be the localised full name instead of the tacky 2.

God I wish that were out now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
tetrisgrammaton said:
I've been hoping they would announce Mario Sunshine NPC.

But I think that would be a little overkill on the Mario titles at this point.

Plus I don't know if they could map all the buttons.

Also they haven't localized the last two NPC titles and they ditched the NPC branding for Metroid Prime so I think we can safely say that goose is cooked.

Sadist

Opiate said:
Ugh. First, this is clearly subjective. Second, I am particularly cynical about reviews offered in this particular industry, which seem particularly close minded and corrupt. You'll just have to forgive me for not agreeing with your assessment of what an A title is.

The objective measurement is sales, and by that measurement, Mario Party soars. Keep in mind, I have absolutely zero interest in Mario Party myself, I just like to apply a consistent method of analysis.

Well, I'm thinking "IGN" style here. I'm just using the Metacritic reference for te lulz. Anyway, I believe several posters refer to Mario Party as a B title because... well the quality of several titles is questionable. Mario Party may have an "A-list" of characters, but a lot of those installments aren't as good because it didn't change in the way people would like to see. Yes, the mini-games were fun and they delivered of MP excitement, but there wasn't really a reason of owning 4, 5, 6 and 7 on the Cube for instance. They are to similar. Mario Party 8 suffered from over saturation in the genre and is compared to it's Cube predecessors. Overall, the series is a bit unbalanced, I believe.

Saleswise, Mario Party is a juggernaut. No doubt about it. But, that's something no one will argue.

AniHawk

AniHawk said:
What if it was Wind Waker Director's Cut with the dungeons that were left out and no triforce quest? Best game of all-time guaranteed.

Or maybe it's an OoT remake with next Zelda's controls and a new level.

I will kill you if this doesn't happen.

legend166

The guys who are saying Rogue Squadron Triology are missing the point of the Metroid Prime trilogy comparison. They didn't say the game was the same, they said the situation where they were told about the game and given a playable copy before it was announced is the same.

VegaShinra

legend166 said:
The guys who are saying Rogue Squadron Triology are missing the point of the Metroid Prime trilogy comparison. They didn't say the game was the same, they said the situation where they were told about the game and given a playable copy before it was announced is the same.
Which is why it'll be something like Wind Waker and Sunshine retooled.

jacksrb

Stopsign said:
I haven't read through the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Rogue Squadron 3? It's a game we know is in development, and is fairly far along.

Edit: Seems like people have.

Well, I thought Rogue Squadron 3 came out on the GameCube:
- RS (1) for N64
- RS 2: Rogue Leader as a GameCube launch title
- RS 3: Rebel Strike for GameCube

Anyway, RS 4/next would be sweet.

Seems like some people some places think the embargo will drop tonight, but it is getting late. Anyone have any inclination about WHEN we will hear about it?

DarkWish

I didn't see this information posted anywhere, so I'll post it here.

GodIsSatan on the IGN Boards claims he knows what the game is and has revealed a few things. He said it's not PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Great Adventure and not the new Mario game that Charles Martinet was referring to on his Twitter. He did mention that it's from a franchise, so it's not a new IP. Previews were supposed to go up on the 16th, but didn't, and he doesn't know why.

Apparently the announcement "shocked the hell" out of him because he "certainly didn't expect it". He went on to say "trust me at this point when I say there won’t be too many people out there who will be blown away when this one gets revealed." When asked how cool this game is compared to PokePark Wii: Pikachu’s Great Adventure, he said "I’d say less cool in concept, but most likely a better game when it’s all said and done. There is one interesting aspect to the title that hasn’t been fully revealed yet. The ultimate quality of this title may hinge on how well this aspect is executed."

After people keep trying to predict what it is (with most people predicting Mario Party 9), GodIsSatan replied by saying "I don’t think anyone will be able to guess what this game is. I never would have expected this title to be in the works." He also later said "I was actually excited about it when I first heard what it was, but after more details made it my way, it no longer seemed nearly as appealing. It’s still a cool idea, just not one that anyone asked for or expected."

Very interesting comments, and I'm not sure what to make of them. If I had to guess, I would guess Nintendogs Wii, but I'm not sure.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I was wondering why the hell you were sourcing a random IGN forumer, but I looked it up and apparently he works (worked?) for IGN. Their "Associate News and Features Editor"

DarkWish

grandjedi6 said:
I was wondering why the hell you were sourcing a random IGN forumer, but I looked it up and apparently he works (worked?) for IGN. Their "Associate News and Features Editor"
From the replies of others in the topic, it seemed like he either was really reliable or worked for IGN, but my internet is too slow so I was too lazy to look it up. Thanks for clarifying that.

DarkWish said:
Apparently the announcement "shocked the hell" out of him because he "certainly didn't expect it". He went on to say "trust me at this point when I say there won’t be too many people out there who will be blown away when this one gets revealed." When asked how cool this game is compared to PokePark Wii: Pikachu’s Great Adventure, he said "I’d say less cool in concept, but most likely a better game when it’s all said and done. There is one interesting aspect to the title that hasn’t been fully revealed yet. The ultimate quality of this title may hinge on how well this aspect is executed."

After people keep trying to predict what it is (with most people predicting Mario Party 9), GodIsSatan replied by saying "I don’t think anyone will be able to guess what this game is. I never would have expected this title to be in the works." He also later said "I was actually excited about it when I first heard what it was, but after more details made it my way, it no longer seemed nearly as appealing. It’s still a cool idea, just not one that anyone asked for or expected."
Metroid Dread
Racers!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
grandjedi6 said:

grandjedi6
Master of the etc. etc.

Hmmm. What game would leave someone optimistic at first but not so much after more details started coming in? That just makes it sound like Nintendo messed up a beloved franchise by making what is essentially a spin-off. Something like Link's Crossbow training but from a sleeping franchise.

I'm probably completely wrong on this though.

Oh Nintendo, how you disappoint me. Megaton's.... more like Microtons am I right?

Would be cool with a decent Mario Party game though. Bring back Cowboy Mario!

AniHawk

cosmicblizzard said:
Hmmm. What game would leave someone optimistic at first but not so much after more details started coming in? That just makes it sound like Nintendo messed up a beloved franchise by making what is essentially a spin-off.

Metroid Prime 4.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
DarkWish said:

I'm gonna throw out the most random idea I can think of: A sequel to Shin Onigashima, Nazo no Murasamejou, or Famicom Detective Club for the Wii that's been confirmed for NA release.

Maybe.

Akai

Regulus Tera said:
I'm gonna throw out the most random idea I can think of: A sequel to Shin Onigashima, Nazo no Murasamejou, or Famicom Detective Club for the Wii that's been confirmed for NA release.

I want a sequel with CING at the helm so badly... =(

[Nintex]

Maybe Fire Emblem Wii 2, since not that many people will be excited and the yet to be fully revealed aspect is an online mode.

My other guess is Pilot Wings from White Harvest/Factor 5 or Wave Race from NST.

Akai

Regulus Tera said:
Maybe Luigi's Mansion 2 with vitality sensor support?

Actually, this makes the most sense...A reveal that no one expects to be made, yet won't shock anyone (because it's a sequel), revolves around an aspect that hasn't been revealed (because the vitality sensor hasn't been discussed in detail yet), and the guy got less excited after hearing more details (again the vitality sensor, if only because no one really knows how it'll be used)...

Martinet is also working on a new Mario game, so you could even tie that in...

Top Bottom