• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Wi-Fi network adapter is announced ( what ? )

king zell

1_1.jpg

2_1.jpg

up.jpg

uramen.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1217892_1124.html

magus

Man that sure makes the Wii not very pleasing aesthetically.

I feel sorry for those of you who have to buy this =[. But who knows maybe they'll surprise us and allow it to be flashed with Open Source firmware like DDWRT or Tomato =D.

Cold-Steel said:
*insert Blue Ocean joke here*

Global Warming Incoming! :lol

^It's a wireless bridge/router... wait a sec, how can it be both?

I wonder if this will be released in the US... and for how much. If it's $50 or so I can see a lot of peopel buying this for their 360s... :lol

RobbieNick

Would this help with the poor Wi-Fi I get from my Wii?

My PS3 is next to it, and it never disconnects. But my Wii I can't get it on the internet unless it's wired. I don't know why.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Wow between this and a AC Bundle with Wii Speak, Nintendo sure have had a lot of announcements lately - I hope they continue in this fashion.

neoanarch

I guess they needed some extra cash to use as coasters and other disposable paper. If it offers a secure connection for the DS without having to lower my security every time; I might bite.

Nintendo: Introducing... the Revolution!
People: Looks like a router.

*Back to the drawing board*

Nintendo: That's not a router. THIS is a router.

wotter

- available starting 18th September
- 5800 Yen ($54 or €38)
- only available via order at Nintendo's homepage
- can be used with Wii or DS

This is what a babelfish translation gave me :p

1_1.jpg

For some weird reason, when I saw this picture, I thought it looked like a robot invasion consisting of small white standing slimline gadgets... You can easily see where they would shoot their laserbeams from...

*goes to sleep with one eye constantly checking his wii*

herod

this would be a reasonable solution for adding a WEP network to allow the DS to get online in my otherwise WPA-2 encrypted network. If it only allowed connection Nintendo Wifi and only allowed DS/Wii clients, that is.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
GrayFoxPL said:
Got a question: does WII have usb ports?

Router reminds me of that cleaning robot from wall-e.

Two of them, and they are completely fucking useless.

GrayFoxPL

VOOK said:
Two of them, and they are completely fucking useless.

That sucks.

They should offer at least support for external hd or something.

I don't understand why nintendo fights it's customers like Frank pinned down to a wall mauling hordes of hungry zombies.

They know customers want it, they will pay for it. So why not give it to them?
The hd or "hd-like" I mean.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Not that redundant for people who just want to get their Wii online, and want to buy something they KNOW will work without any set-up hassles. Both Wii and DS can be fussy about their wireless routers, like other such devices.

But yes, hard drive please Nintendo.

herod

mr_bishiuk said:
Its a bridge so you can use it on 360, I wondre if it will be cheaper than MS's adapter?

if it's like the USB adapter, it only allows connection to Nintendo's own servers.

cvxfreak

Rather than drop the price, Nintendo might as well just bundle this with the system.

Still, I don't get why they bothered.

herod

also, judging by the connections, this is NOT designed to plug into the console, but rather whatever serves as your internet connection.

Top Bottom