• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

AceBandage said:
It is, but I think there will be parts that weren't in WSR.
I think I saw a volcano in an older shot.
There is a volcano on wuhu in wii sports resort. a swordfighting course ran through there, and you could fly the plane through if you were careful.

VAIL

This is a horrible way to present things, and nice work on the "battery life" thread Ami... :lol

Edit: Ew, funny glasses guy has lip sweat....gross

Jintor said:
That's all that's on at the moment. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Oh I thought it was some kind of trick link you guys were posting :lol I seen all your comments and was wondering what the fuck was going on

Fantastical

Death Prophet
trinest said:
haahaa iddno- but I'm pretty sure all information we have learned points to yes. Expecially considering making games based around that island is a goal.
I like the idea of multiple games taking place on Wuhu Island, but we already got a plane flying minigame in WSR. I'm sure Pilot Wings will be much more in depth, but as a full game it needs more variety in the levels...

Maybe you can fly to other islands that weren't in Resort or something. That would be cool.

WillyFive

Blablurn said:
ah fuck it. i'm still buying it.

any news on region locking stuff?

This is an introduction to the system to the general audience of Japan.

I don't think it's a big enough deal for them to have it here.

orioto

Good Art™
Medalion said:
The people complaining here don't get this show was not presented in a style to appeal to North American watchers like an E3. This shit is normal to the japanese people, to everybody else we think this is just weird.

I see, so people in japan actually believe those guys are almost scared that someone will bite them from the screen ? I know japanese tv is rather special but..

Medalion

Banned
orioto said:
I see, so people in japan actually believe those guys are almost scared that someone will bite them from the screen ? I know japanese tv is rather special but..
That last guy on the screen before the commercial was Otaku as fuck...as japanese as it can get

trinest

Fantastical said:
I like the idea of multiple games taking place on Wuhu Island, but we already got a plane flying minigame in WSR. I'm sure Pilot Wings will be much more in depth, but as a full game it needs more variety in the levels...

Maybe you can fly to other islands that weren't in Resort or something. That would be cool.
Well Mario Kart has the Wuhu island map- so better get acustomed to that island then :p

Kuramu

ITT people who don't understand Japanese complain because they aren't entertained watching people speak Japanese.

Neiteio

For all you whiners whining about nothing interesting to look at, are you already bored with all the WONDER quoted below? OoT, Pilotwings and Steel Diver look especially hot. Is that a giant squid I see on the Steel Diver art?

Neiteio said:
sft_zelda_main.jpg

sft_pilotwings_main.jpg

sft_steeldiver_main.jpg

sft_nintendogs_main.jpg

sft_kidicarus_main.jpg

sft_metalgearsolid_main.jpg

sft_biohazard_revelations_main.jpg

sft_streetfighter4_main.jpg

sft_deadoralive_main.jpg

sft_professorlayton_main.jpg

sft_ridgeracer_main.jpg

sft_sengokumusou_main.jpg

sft_winningeleven_main.jpg

Fantastical

Death Prophet
trinest said:
Well Mario Kart has the Wuhu island map- so better get acustomed to that island then :p
Well, it would suck if Mario Kart JUST took place on Wuhu Island. :p

I really do like Wuhu Island, though. Whatever, I'll be patient and wait to learn more.

seady

trinest said:

Would be awesome if they make a full adventure game with the whole island - Animal Crossing style.

Josh7289

Sammy Samusu said:
RPG Simulation Project (tentative)

イメージエポック Image Epoch
It's scheduled for 2012 (the only game currently scheduled for 2012).

Also, repeating the launch lineup here:

Josh7289 said:
Launch lineup:

nintendogs + cats (3 versions)
Winning Eleven 3DSoccer
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Sengoku Musou Chronicle
Tobidasu! Puzzle Bobble 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle

Nintendogs was 4800 yen. The others seems to be somewhere in the 5xx0 range, up to about 6000 yen.

It's definitely confirmed on Nintendo's site now.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Vinci said:
The prices are in line with DS game prices.

DS's standard price is 4800 yen. According to an earlier post, all but one of the launch games 'seems to be somewhere in the 5xx0 range, up to about 6000 yen' - I'm just going by what he said, I dunno if he's right or wrong on that.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
In the video where they show general stuff about the 3DS OS, there is something near the end where it lists stats and stuff.

Anyone have any idea what that is?

Vinci

Danish
Josh7289 said:
Also, repeating the launch lineup here:

It's definitely confirmed on Nintendo's site now.

The fun part's going to be when 3rd parties bitch that Nintendo took up all the sales with Nintendogs. :lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Comedian time! Missed them already!

Fantastical said:
In the video where they show general stuff about the 3DS OS, there is something near the end where it lists stats and stuff.

Anyone have any idea what that is?

Seems to be like amount played per game/app.
Also seems there's silver/gold/bronze crowns for something.

Top Bottom