• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

seady

I wish Nintendo put some of their "Nintendo Magic" into this game as I see a lot of potential. Right now it feels like a interesting but also generic looking submarine game. But imagine if they add some art style into it - give it "Star Fox" or "Advance Wars" kinda treatment and create some new Nintendo mascots to go with the game? That would be a new franchise right there for years to come. Would be nice if it is a launch title too.

sft_steeldiver_main.jpg

Inferno313 said:
I approve. What's the plan for release here? Are we getting Layton 4 first?
I sure hope so. I know the series does well enough sales wise that I shouldn't worry too much, but the fact that Layton 3DS has been announced but Layton 4 hasn't is a bit troubling.

trinest

Re Layton: Seeing that video it looks much better in motion then the static images we have seen- it doesn't look half bad now.

seady said:
I wish Nintendo put some of their "Nintendo Magic" into this game as I see a lot of potential. Right now it feels like a interesting but also generic looking submarine game. But imagine if they add some art style into it - give it "Star Fox" or "Advance Wars" kinda treatment and create some new Nintendo mascots to go with the game? That would be a new franchise right there for years to come. Would be nice if it is a launch title too.
I dunno, the awesome controls kinda make up for the lack of characters.

Delio

Keyouta

I wish the 3DS had wireless N. The fuck. Anyway, day 1 buy in February even with the battery life thing. It doesn't bother me.

I really hope it isn't region locked though, but I know that it is very likely.

seady

For Japanese gamers, the launch lineup is actually quite impressive.

On top of the ones we care about (Professor Layton, Super Street Fighter IV), remember they also adore the Winning Eleven and Samurai Warriors series. Ridge Racer also has huge amount of fans. Let's not forget the biggest selling one will probably be Nintendogs + Cats.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Guys, if new screenshots get released, or new news gets announced, make a new thread. Not everybody reads this one.

john tv

Serenade said:
Someone tweet johntv and ask if Zelda runs at 60fps
Gah, sorry I missed this. I wasn't really looking for it; I kinda want to say it wasn't actually 60fps, but definitely don't quote me on that. To be honest I'm not much of an fps guy myself; as long as it's steady, I'm happy.

We'll be talking all about everything we played on the next 8-4 Play, which I think we'll probably move a week forward to this coming week. :)

So I went after all. The lines weren't so bad at first, but they started to grow by about 11:00 AM. Then the line for Zelda was like an estimated 120 minutes long so I was like FUGG DAT because I never was much of an OoT fan anyways.

I really like the slide pad, and the 3D screen was really pretty impressive. Shame about the pricetag and battery life, but I'm still inching towards getting one.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Wonder if US/EU will have the same choice of colors or something different.

If it's the same, I might go for Aqua Blue, though I wouldn't mind Cosmo Black either.

LiK

john tv said:
Gah, sorry I missed this. I wasn't really looking for it; I kinda want to say it wasn't actually 60fps, but definitely don't quote me on that. To be honest I'm not much of an fps guy myself; as long as it's steady, I'm happy.

We'll be talking all about everything we played on the next 8-4 Play, which I think we'll probably move a week forward to this coming week. :)
Why do you ignore me on twitter? :(

Tarin02543

Tempy said:
Wonder if US/EU will have the same choice of colors or something different.

If it's the same, I might go for Aqua Blue, though I wouldn't mind Cosmo Black either.

What's your ultimate decision now?

big_z

are these carts the same physical size as ds carts? whats with the little block on the side of them?

pilot wings is awesome. it's a shame nintendo got lazy and used the mii island. place is boring compared to mini america.

swerve

PilotWings sells it for me, but I have to say the effect of this thread, the battery news, and the launch day line-up has dampened my 3DS spirits a bit.

D-Pad

Animal Crossing is TBD wtf. :mad:

Kinda knew it wouldn't make launch but I still hope it would be released soon after. Then again, the more time they spend with it the better (maybe).

Anybody that went: CVX?

Is it worth going for more then one day?

certainly going Monday,

I've got something I need to do Sunday which can possibly be moved depending on the answer.

Top Bottom