• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

I'm not sure what 'look' Nintendo is going for this time. They had their big white phase with the DSL and Wii. This time around though the game boxes are still white but the actual hardware box and the console itself are black.

antonz

I think in many areas Starfox has more stuff added to the game as far as enviroment rather than upgrading old things. Like moving through the city there wasnt half as many buildings etc.

This goes a long ways to improving its look. With OOT they are working in a much more constrained enviroment where its more upgrading the look of whats there rather than adding

Luigi87

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Star Fox looks soo much better than Zelda. But the Sheik model looked pretty good. Super Monkey Ball looks awesome!

I would say character models are what have been enhanced the most in OoT. Far more than the environments at any rate.

For someone who has never owned OoT or SF64 I'm actually interested in picking them up for the 3DS. So many games I want...this has never happened before a console launched. :O

star fox 64 3DS looks amazing, :lol :lol at someone in this thread or another one saying it looked like shit.

:'( i want that at launch.

Bomberman is a wild card, multiplayer is always good, if it's wifi , even better.
The single player will be interesting, make it like bomberman 64 <3

I just asked a Nintendo staff member whether the 3DS will be region-locked or not. While she stressed that there was no customer support offered for foreign games, importing wasn't recommended, and there may be technical problems that arise when attempting to do so, playback ability could not be guaranteed. When I pressed to see if that was on a per-publisher or per-title basis, she dodged by saying that such details couldn't be revealed until launch.

So, it sounded to me like compatability may vary, but it's at your own risk. Then again, it could be completely locked, completely region-free, or a mess like 360. No clear answer yet.

Icarus next.

antonz

Cheesemeister said:
I just asked a Nintendo staff member whether the 3DS will be region-locked or not. While she stressed that there was no customer support offered for foreign games, importing wasn't recommended, and there may be technical problems that arise when attempting to do so, playback ability could not be guaranteed. When I pressed to see if that was on a per-publisher or per-title basis, she dodged by saying that such details couldn't be revealed until launch.

So, it sounded to me like compatability may vary, but it's at your own risk. Then again, it could be completely locked, completely region-free, or a mess like 360. No clear answer yet.

Icarus next.
Maybe you could press someone on the battery thing. Hold Sakurai hostage or something if you must ;)

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
qEVXw.png

i wish they were this round back then

would've saved me the trouble

haha why was I expecting splinter cell chaos theory to be a good port

not only does it look and run poorly, they've brought in stuff from conviction.

Medalion

Banned
Fantastical said:
So... what did I miss in the presentations? Anything? More HAIs and anos?
You missed the music segment which was essentially the same songs as yesterday but played better I think

MidnightScott said:
So many games I want...this has never happened before a console launched. :O

I know this is quite weird usually there's like one or two and then months of waiting to just HEAR about more games you'd want when a console releases. I actually have to think of what games not to buy for 3ds this year. :lol

Linkup

Ridge Racer looked much more fun than Asphalt 3D, there is barely any sense of speed in the later when you compare the two.

pirata

Goddamn 3DS bouncing animation thing. Every time I hear it I think the skeleton from Minecraft is about to sneak up behind me and kill me.

I liked the Wii and DS getting real people of the street to try it, these people seem paid talent to me and I know they are

I want to know if people are really loving this thing

J-Gaf what has the real reactions been like from the public?

Instro

Linkup said:
Ridge Racer looked much more fun than Asphalt 3D, there is barely any sense of speed in the later when you compare the two.

Yeah RR looks significantly better all of a sudden.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sitting front row for the Capcom thing :D

Also, Have noticed on the 3DS menu there is coins and crowns listed on things, there is also a counter on the home screen for it. Any ideas?

Gomu Gomu

Linkzg said:
haha why was I expecting splinter cell chaos theory to be a good port

not only does it look and run poorly, they've brought in stuff from conviction.
Seriously wtf!? :/ I was looking forward to playing it again in 3D.

VOOK said:

Also, Have noticed on the 3DS menu there is coins and crowns listed on things, there is also a counter on the home screen for it. Any ideas?

hey Vook what are the real people's reactions like to this thing?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
VOOK said:

I responded on Twitter (I think I did... I've never actually used it ^_^), but I asked this same question and the consensus is that it has to do with the pedometer and how many steps you take. You may be able to unlock things in games from the amount of steps you walk? I donno... sounds weird. Actually sounds like Nintendo. :D

Medalion

Banned
Fantastical said:
Okay, how was the Mii presentation or whatever...
Basically a lot of the same if you saw yesterday's Mii presentation, how to create Mii's with the camera, and using AR to make the Mii interact with whatever you are filming with the 3D camera

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Medalion said:
Basically a lot of the same if you saw yesterday's Mii presentation, how to create Mii's with the camera, and using AR to make the Mii interact with whatever you are filming with the 3D camera
Okay, thank you! Seems I didn't miss much besides some badass music.

Top Bottom