• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

MNC

So I went to bed... Had an amazing sleep... An amazing dream too, buildings were crumbling and falling and I fought with snakes and tree logs... But now i missed all this. Can someone give a (serious) short recap? (Not just OMGOMGOMG MUSIC)

*fuckyeah.gif first post on page*

Codeblue

That jazz band needs to tour or release a cd or something. By a wide margin the best part of the show, hope they do different stuff tomorrow.

Medalion

Banned
MNC said:
So I went to bed... Had an amazing sleep... An amazing dream too, buildings were crumbling and falling and I fought with snakes and tree logs... But now i missed all this. Can someone give a (serious) short recap? (Not just OMGOMGOMG MUSIC)

No seriously, you didnt miss much except for a very good view of Kid Icarus... The music really was the Highlight cuz it was so awesome and unexpectedly gpod

MNC

Medalion said:
No seriously, you didnt miss much except for a very good view of Kid Icarus... The music really was the Highlight cuz it was so awesome and unexpectedly gpod
Any interesting prices or 3DS info? I mean even the battery life thing interests me slightly :lol Trailers or screens?

Medalion

Banned
I know some people will disagree with me... But I saw an awesome thing with the 3d camera and Miis where you get the Miis u made to interact in 3 dimensions against live streaming video, it even has collision detection and animations so the Miis climb or run around objects in the video on screen

MNC

:lol :lol :lol :lol Looking at the Mii Creator through photos, it's really good! :lol The guy was just blinking as it took a photo and he's now eyes closed! :lol

ne1

D-Pad said:
Animal Crossing is TBD wtf. :mad:

Kinda knew it wouldn't make launch but I still hope it would be released soon after. Then again, the more time they spend with it the better (maybe).
Yeah, perhaps they'll finally release something that could be called a real sequel? Though I've pretty much given up on that ever happening. :/

MNC said:

Here is the kid icarus presentation, the whole 30 min of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Lm6fGmP6s

don't miss the Hydra boss at the 28 min mark :lol :lol :lol :lol

BowieZ

Banned
Medalion said:
I know some people will disagree with me... But I saw an awesome thing with the 3d camera and Miis where you get the Miis u made to interact in 3 dimensions against live streaming video, it even has collision detection and animations so the Miis climb or run around objects in the video on screen
What? Even though the live demonstration showed the Mii running through a coffee mug?

ne1 said:
Yeah, perhaps they'll finally release something that could be called a real sequel? Though I've pretty much given up on that ever happening. :/

yep, it's a stale series with nowhere to go. More items and larger museum is about all they have done in the sequels. The online was a joke.

I hope it changes though. The GCN game was the best game of my childhood. So many memories

cvxfreak

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Anybody that went: CVX?

Is it worth going for more then one day?

certainly going Monday,

I've got something I need to do Sunday which can possibly be moved depending on the answer.

Depends on how many games you want to play. Monday might be the busiest day because of the holiday.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
perfectchaos007 said:
yep, it's a stale series with nowhere to go. More items and larger museum is about all they have done in the sequels. The online was a joke.

I hope it changes though. The GCN game was the best game of my childhood. So many memories
Maybe it's the Ron Paul avatar but I thought you were in you late twenties. :(

meppi

SilverLunar said:
Here is the kid icarus presentation, the whole 30 min of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Lm6fGmP6s

don't miss the Hydra boss at the 28 min mark :lol :lol :lol :lol

My God, I love the way this is turning out.
I absolutely adore the character and world design and the gameplay seems incredible as well. Bit like Panzer Dragoon mixed with Sin & Punishment.

Didn't know what to expect from this game when I saw the first images when it was revealed, but after watching this, it's my most wanted game. :)

swerve

awww, that little pixar-esque skit at the beginning to explain that the 3DS can't get 3D images out of your 2D screen (no matter how hard he tries) is so cute!

(Text says '3D images can only be seen on the 3DS's screen directly)

Castor Krieg said:
Why not just say it then and be done with it? Nintendo could've done so many months before.

Because they think that their fans are actually intelligent and can think for themselves and go "of course it is region locked, their last handheld was, so what would the reasoning be for this one not to be".

It's a given. Thats why Nintendo hasn't commented and why press aren't wasting time asking the question.

Actually re: Region Locking I remember someone asking Reggie at E3 and I think his answer was we've not decided yet. As for the wohle "press not wasting their time" I think its the whole press ask questions PR has scripted answers to/don't want risk to annoying Nintendo as they'll stop sending me brib...I mean review copies.

Vinterbird said:
Hey Nintendo, are you aware that some people out there might not be right handed? Please don't do shit like this for your next big release.
At times like this we need Dragona back. I wonder how unplayable Kid Icarus will be having to use digital as opposed to analogue controls (I've not watched the presentation but I assume that will be the left handed option)

jay

Regulus Tera said:
Maybe it's the Ron Paul avatar but I thought you were in you late twenties. :(

Many, many kids read Atlus Shrugged or some other Rand novel in high school and think it's the most profound thing ever. I guess you either go Vonnegut and absurd humanism or Rand and objectivism in your teens. You know, because there are exactly two types of people.

king zell said:
c20110108_3ds_24_cs1w1_640x480.jpg
I love it. Put a bit of plastic on the side of the card so you can't insert it into a normal DS (shame I wanted to see messages about how it doesn't play like GBC only games do...for if you plug them into a Super Game Boy or later Game Boy models) and make the box uside down from the conventional way (this'll blow minds) as consumers are less likely to accidentally pick it up.

entrement said:
So how is Nintendo doing online play for the 3DS.
Not so much play but for online they seem to be liasing with business regarding online and the 3DS. At least there would be no other reason why NoE have job listings for such in the UK, Frnace, Italy and Netherlands.

Jintor

Vinterbird said:
Because they think that their fans are actually intelligent and can think for themselves and go "of course it is region locked, their last handheld was, so what would the reasoning be for this one not to be".

It's a given. Thats why Nintendo hasn't commented and why press aren't wasting time asking the question.

There are so many people who would refuse to believe it unless it was straight from the horse's mouth. Besides, game journos ask obvious questions all the time.

totowhoa

Banned
Whew, just woke up and got around. Was the live game music from last night ever archived anywhere? I caught the one zelda tune that somebody uploaded right before I hit the sack already, though. About to catch up on whatever else I miss last night (went to bed after the MGS borefest)

wrowa

jay said:
Many, many kids read Atlus Shrugged or some other Rand novel in high school and think it's the most profound thing ever. I guess you either go Vonnegut and absurd humanism or Rand and objectivism in your teens. You know, because there are exactly two types of people.
You've forgotten one type: Europeans.
They haven't read anything by Rand or Vonnegut. To the most part, at least.

Which is a shame since Vonnegut wrote some damn good stories.

Rand just plainly sucks, though.

wrowa

Starwolf_UK said:
(...) and make the box uside down from the conventional way (this'll blow minds) as consumers are less likely to accidentally pick it up.
I hate the boxes. They are just looking wrong.

Top Bottom