• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

Gravijah said:
I mean say if you buy both games, you gotta have saves on multiple 3DS if you wanna trade with yourself.

Why?
The game would read the save on the system...

Mik2121 said:
Now they are talking about other stuff using StreetPass on the 3DS, with stuff like the Mii exchanging thing and profile exchange (?) where you can see who u walked by, what's the last game that person played, etc.. but I guess that was already known.

One of the games is StreetPass Legend, where you can play certain 'games' with the Mii's you got using StreetPass, but they can't talk more about it today.

Probably that Mii RPG like thing.

img_mii_space01.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Mik2121 said:
One of the games is StreetPass Legend, where you can play certain 'games' with the Mii's you got using StreetPass, but they can't talk more about it today.

Hmmm....sounds like 3DSWare....

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Re: the streetpass legend thing:

The Mii's go out on a small adventure. There are several different games you can play with Mii's (Built in I believe he said) that use streetpass.

Gravijah

AceBandage said:
Why?
The game would read the save on the system...

Maybe I'm missing something here. Like currently, when I wanna trade Pokemon, I pop my game inside my brothers DS. If I have both of my saves on my 3DS, I wouldn't be able to trade with myself.

Medalion

Banned
Busaiku said:
I just noticed that they don't even have a 3DS system up there.
It seems to me it's just gonna be a lot of talking between Iwata and this guy and possibly another trailer on the screen and maybe more speakers

Boney

Banned
Gravijah said:
I mean say if you buy both games, you gotta have saves on multiple 3DS if you wanna trade with yourself.
uhh you're not supposed to trade with yourself.

what's this about Mii games?

Busaiku

Alright they're talking about how you can take pictures of rooms and stuff to use in the game, right?
EDIT: Ahh, of the animals.

Gravijah said:
Maybe I'm missing something here. Like currently, when I wanna trade Pokemon, I pop my game inside my brothers DS. If I have both of my saves on my 3DS, I wouldn't be able to trade with myself.

Well, in that case, it would be no different from trading is now.
But you might be able to trade in system just by having the save of your game on the 3DS already.
So if you had Black save on there, you could transfer from that save to the White game.

Mik2121

Mic and touch still in (to interact with the animals). Plus, now the animal can remember the owner's face (and tell apart from other people's) using the 3DS camera. So for example you can have the game on and leave it there, and if you get close the dog might get close (or not, depending on the kind of dog or cat).

You can also take pictures of the animals. And of course you can watch it in 3D again later on, and save them to the SD card. You can also share your fav pic using StreetPass.

Also Miyamoto has started to pet a cat, lol.

Mik2121 said:
Mic and touch still in (to interact with the animals). Plus, you can also now use the camera and the animal can remember the owner's face (and tell apart from other people's) using the 3DS camera. So for example you can have the game on and leave it there, and if you get close the dog might get close (or not, depending on the kind of dog or cat).

You can also take pictures of the animals. And of course you can watch it in 3D again later on, and save them to the SD card. You can also share your fav pic using StreetPass.

Face Recognition is going to be pretty cool in these kinds of games. (Love Plus also uses it).

Gravijah

cooljeanius said:
How else are you supposed to get those Pokémon that only evolve by trading when there's no one else around to trade with?

let's not forget nintendo loves making tons of money off of idiots who buy both versions like me

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
3DS ads have started going up around Japan, spotted this one - they're also playing on the train too.

It begins!
A0QJd.jpg

Mik2121

When they were thinking about other stuff they thought about Nintendo-horses, Ninten-dolphins, etc.. but ended up just using the cats because they are as popular as the cats.

Eh.. what they are talking about now isn't as interesting.

gerg

VOOK said:
3DS ads have started going up around Japan, spotted this one - they're also playing on the train too.

It begins!
[advert]

I've seen quite a few of these adverts around, too. Who are these people? Are they SMAP or some similar boyband?

BowieZ

Banned
Mik2121 said:
When they were thinking about other stuff they thought about Nintendo-horses, Ninten-dolphins, etc.. but ended up just using the cats because they are as popular as the cats.
nintendolphins. Brilliant!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
gerg said:
I've seen quite a few of these adverts around, too. Who are these people? Are they SMAP or some similar boyband?

They seem popular - they were also in Wii Party Spots i think.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
gerg said:

No idea but the ads are hilarious, just them three going Wooooaaah, Ooooooooh, at the 3DS :lol

Mik2121

gerg said:
Arashi. A bunch of guys who can't dance for shit's sake. I don't like 'em.. except for one. Forgot his name, but he's the more game-y guy. He's been on a ton of Nintendo CMs (not the guy on that pic).

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Busaiku said:
I think the point is, why would Nintendo want less money?
I guess now you need to buy two systems, in addition to the extra game. Mucho money!

I'm glad saves are separate now.
Reason I never used flash cards on DS is because I like my saves on the original carts.
Now it wouldn't matter.

Boney

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
wait....EyePets like ?
thank god you said it before Takao comes all bitter about it.

Gravijah said:
i know i can trade with gaf that wasn't my point ;/
i'm trying to imagine that face...

anyway, trading evolving is there for a reason, if not, they'd just make them normal evolves. You can go to your gamestop creepy events and trade with children as well

Top Bottom