• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NintendoEverything: "Nintendo picks up various 'Advance' trademarks in Japan"

AdanVC

God damnit, maybe the phrase "This is the one you've been waiting for" that Nintendo is using on their Nintendo E3 announcement is truly the one we've been waiting for. The possibilities if this becomes a reality, plus the Pokkén stuff on the other thread, Zelda U and the big one, the reveal of Pac Man in Smash Bros, haha. Boooom!

AniHawk

Touch mean handheld or tablet, a new handheld so soon while 3DS is still doing fine will be insane.

3ds sales have peaked and are already on the decline. it would do them well to have a successor out sooner than later, especially since they lack any future megafranchises to push hardware sales.

i would think the 'advance' name would be related to the new platforms/architecture, but with something like 'push' it sounds a lot more physical in the real-world sense, like a series of devices instead of one or two similar gaming systems. it probably is what they're using for the qol things.

Anth0ny

Advance Series:

14830_front0szpf.jpg

Except it's GBA games for 3DS!

Only $29.99 a game. Starting with Super Mario Advance.

Somnid

I'd think a simple reality check would say Japan doesn't use the "Advance Wars" moniker, it's usually "Famicom Wars" or system-specific. Oh, and "Advance Wars" gets its name from the "Gameboy Advance" so that would be the root.

The image, assuming that comes from the trademark, definitely looks to riff off the Gameboy Advance font. Smells of hardware.

AniHawk

Advance Series:

[]http://abload.de/img/14830_front0szpf.jpg[/IMG]

Except it's GBA games for 3DS!

Only $29.99 a game. Starting with Super Mario Advance.

plot twist: they are on gba carts and the 'advance push' is the adapter that goes into the 3ds card slot to play said games*.

*does not work with original gba games

Blues1990

Outside from the Game Boy Advance games being added to the Nintendo 3DS eShop, I don't know what these recent trademarks could lead to.

Daedardus

Their QoL product makes use of that haptic feedback touchscreen, where you can feel different kinds of materials (Advance Touch) and also exert different kinds of pressure on them (Advance Push).

L~A

Ah yeah. Not including the source now, huh? Very classy, NE, very classy! It's not like anyone would think YOU were the actual source, hmmm? ;)

Here's the original source, for those interested (it was actually posted on GAF a few days ago) : source!

And by the way, can't be anything Advance Wars related because it's probably Intelligent Systems holding the trademark (they do for Fire Emblem, at least).

Josh7289

"Advance Series" makes me think this isn't game hardware-related.

Maybe it's QOL-related.

Or maybe it's a game series. Like the Art Style series or something.

Mariolee

I still don't even understand what they are going for with QoL, but I agree with this thread that this is probably our biggest hint of it.

Ein Bear

I'm only just now realising that the GBA was called the 'Game Boy Advance' and not 'Game Boy Advanced' like I've been saying for the past decade and a half.

Top Bottom