• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendogs + cats getting a new boxart

Shiggy

Sales weren't that great, many customers thought it was the same game again. Thus NoE decided to create new boxarts. If I remember correctly, NCL did the same. New boxarts will be available from October 1st (only if retailers show interest).

bulldoggenewcdjc.jpg
bulldoggeoldfety.jpg

retrievernewbc7b.jpg
retrieveroldgf50.jpg

zwergpudelnewedjs.jpg
zwergpudeloldscrg.jpg

package.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm sure this will spark sales - anyone remotely interested in the games will be heading to their local stores now so they don't have to put up with the awful new boxart down the road.

Shiggy

victormartin said:
I'm guessing that's just some kind of sleeve, right???
If not it's a very lazy attempt at a boxart

I'd assume that, they did the same with the uber-flop Rhythm Paradise.

Edit: Yeah, it is.

sakipon

Where's the true sequel? A kitty game preferably. I already played Nintendogs to death at launch. Tried to pick it up again later, just couldn't bare it anymore. So I had the dogs put down and sold the game. No boxart change will help you Nintendo, gimme new games.

OMG Aero

Are they lowering the price too?
I'd actually be interested in getting Nintendogs so I have something to do on my 3DS every day, but fuck paying £30 for it.

Shiggy

toythatkills said:
Whoa, you can get a cardboard sleeve and just slip it right over a box to make the boxart look different?! Did people know about this?!

Mind blown.

Nintendo secured that idea, didn't they? When Wii Music was released they took that design to the European trademark office.

Top Bottom