• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

- Nintendont - | Yes, you CAN play GameCube games on your Wii U!

Platy

Does nintendon't emulate the dance pad with other controllers ?

I mean ... can I play Dance Dance Mario Mix with anything that is not a dance pad ?

b4mv

Banned
If you need a dance pad, you could probably make a custom controller ini. I'd be surprised if that game couldn't just be played on a controller though.

Dr. Worm

Banned
How do I insert a .gci save file into Nintendont to use with the game? Does it just go in the saves folder, or do I have to do something else?

So I FINALLY got myself a 2GB SD card and installed the Homebrew Channel on my Wii U's Wii Channel.

I followed all the instructions I could find, and I have Nintendon't on the SD card. I have a copy of Super Mario Sunshine on there too.

I've gotten SMS to load, but whenever I try to play with the settings in Nintendon't beforehand (like forcing widescreen, emulating memory cards, etc) Nintendon't will hard crash and I need to unplug my Wii U to reset it. Did I do something wrong in the instillation? I can take a picture of the error screen if that helps, it lists a bunch of stuff I don't understand, then says "rebooting in 10 seconds" then says "Rebooting" or something and just hangs there.

Another problem I'm having is Nintendon't itself is 4:3. I found something about WADs and got the Yet Another Wad launcher or whatever it's called, opened it, told it to use the 16:9 WAD but again it crashes my Wii U to the point of needing to unplug it when I try to load it.

So I just went in to SMS without touching anything, it's playing in 4:3 with no memory card, how the hell to I exit a game in Nintendon't? My Wii Remote and GamePad are useless while it's running and the GC/Wavebird has no Home Button, do you have to turn the system all the way off every time you want to switch games or am I missing something super obvious?

Last question, this might be because I keep having crashes but do you have to run through all the installer shit every single time you load up a GameCube game? Like do you have to go into the Nintendon't settings each time and tell it to force widescreen, emulate memory cards, etc every time you load Nintendon't?

If it helps, my current setup is something like

SD Root

-apps
--appstore (doesn't show up)
--hidtovpad (doesn't show up but obviously works since I'm using a Wavebird)
--nintendont (shows up)
--YAWMM_EN (shows up)

-controllers

-games
--Super Mario Sunshine

keys.bin
nincfig.bin

-WAD
--Homebrew Channel HBCB Modified.wad

Sorry if these are really dumb basic questions, I tried to follow all the steps as closely as possible but as relatively easy as it was/is I'm still having a ton of difficulty with it.

EDIT: Okaaaay now when I try to play Mario Galaxy 2 from my Wii U home and it launches into Wii Mode the colors are tooootally fucked. What did I do now!? D:

Edit: For future generations: The magenta/green issue has been resolved.

Kaisos

realize this thread hasn't been updated in a thousand years, but I just installed Nintendont and I'm having trouble getting it to recognize my GameCube Controller Adapter.

I have the latest version of the program, and I updated and installed everything from the menu I was supposed to, but it simply will not recognize my Adapter. I don't understand why. I even tested it in Smash to make sure it wasn't the adapter that was the problem.

Can anyone please help me? I'm at my wit's end here.

Edit: Nevermind, my Pro Controller was taking priority over the Adapter because of the slot I had it plugged into. Sorry about the bump then. -_-

tsundoku

Since Nintendont can access and use usb devices can you use it to connect to the famous PSO private server site that runs private servers for basically every version of that game and accepts routed / proxied connections from original console hardware?
Are they even around anymore? I know its a grey area service but it was always really really cool

Skyzard

Banned
Been using my WiiU more since Zelda and finally decided to check this stuff out, set it all up yesterday night, wasn't too bad.

Using WiiFlow to run games off my SD card and the thing is awesome! (I had to use WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece to get it to work with nintendont - use the nintendont from the package too).

Love all the cover art and music as I switch between them, and that it supports the WiiU pro controller is great too, pretty surprising.

bitoriginal

Decided to crack my Wii U out of stasis a week ago and somehow stumbled upon a guide on how to hack it. Was totally unaware of the scene prior to this but looks like I jumped in at a good time. After some hefty reading and research I managed to dip my toe without any issues.

Safe to say my Wii U has had more use in the last week than it has in the last three years. It's actually an awesome console when you blow it wide open.

I've got Haxchi and the Home Brew Launcher setup on the Wii U side, and I've also got USB Loader GX setup with Nintendont on the vwii. Being able to play Gamecube games off the SD is unreal. Catching up on a console I missed when I was younger and loving it.

So I just installed the latest version of this on my Wii U, and my wavebird controllers aren't calibrating properly on it. The left stick keeps drifting to the right. Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: I'm using the official Nintendo GameCube controller adapter.

The Super Mario Sunshine thread has me nostalgic for the game, and I'm not accustomed to emulation and all this techy stuff. Is the information in the OP still valid and up to date? I'm a bit lost here.. I own lots of GCN games, I want to simply rip them and play them on my Wii U. I don't know what to do lol because what I've tried didn't work.

The Super Mario Sunshine thread has me nostalgic for the game, and I'm not accustomed to emulation and all this techy stuff. Is the information in the OP still valid and up to date? I'm a bit lost here.. I own lots of GCN games, I want to simply rip them and play them on my Wii U. I don't know what to do lol because what I've tried didn't work.
Rip them on a Wii and then move the SD card across.

Starviper

Since Nintendont can access and use usb devices can you use it to connect to the famous PSO private server site that runs private servers for basically every version of that game and accepts routed / proxied connections from original console hardware?
Are they even around anymore? I know its a grey area service but it was always really really cool

They are still around! I believe there is one for PSO:BB - Looks like there's currently about 40 players online. And I think there is a way to get the Gamecube to connect. It's possible this would work for the Wii U emulation of it.

http://www.schtserv.com/

Raptor

Cant see other thread but anyone know why my Wii crashes when I try to put Memory Emulation in ON?

I cant save for shit.

This seems to weird to me. You have to a Wii to get the files in order to play the games on the Wii U? But the Wii has native BC. And you'd already have the Wii sitting around....
Sure. But I play GC games on the gamepad in bed.

There are easier ways to get the games onto Wii U SD but I prefer the legitimate way.

Cant see other thread but anyone know why my Wii crashes when I try to put Memory Emulation in ON?

I cant save for shit.
Figures, then I bought a real one and it says "this device cant be used"

Such my luck, I cant play gamecube games at all, whats the point if I cant save.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/#NintendontSavegames

Of course it saves. I've played through Kururin Squash on Wii U with memory card emulation.

Raptor

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for this, but I'm guessing it is:
Can I use this to connect the official GC adapter to a blue Wii (I'm not sure on the model number, but it was bundled with Mario and Sonic 2012, is designed to be horizontal, and didn't have the GC ports), and play Wii games that have GameCube controller support, like Brawl and RE4 for example, direct from their discs with it?

Doopliss

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for this, but I'm guessing it is:
Can I use this to connect the official GC adapter to a blue Wii (I'm not sure on the model number, but it was bundled with Mario and Sonic 2012, is designed to be horizontal, and didn't have the GC ports), and play Wii games that have GameCube controller support, like Brawl and RE4 for example, direct from their discs with it?
I googled "wii family edition nintendont" and it sounds like you can.

Phoenixus

Does Nintendont support the Bongos controller? Just found mine and wouldn't mind breaking in a few levels of Jungle Beat for old times sake.

Top Bottom