• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 74th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Update:

Proposal No. 3: Election of Ten Directors
This proposal was approved and resolved as originally proposed. The nine candidates,
Messrs. Satoru Iwata, Genyo Takeda, Shigeru Miyamoto, Tatsumi Kimishima, Shigeyuki
Takahashi, Satoshi Yamato, Susumu Tanaka, Shinya Takahashi and Hirokazu Shinshi, were
re-elected and one candidate, Mr. Naoki Mizutani, was elected, and all ten candidates
assumed office as Directors.

At the meeting of the Board of Directors held after the conclusion of the 74th Annual General
Meeting of Shareholders, the following Directors were appointed and assumed office as
Representative Directors.

Representative Director
Director and President Satoru Iwata

Representative Director
Senior Managing Director Genyo Takeda

Representative Director
Senior Managing Director Shigeru Miyamoto
Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/resolution_notice1406e.pdf

Nintendo's 74th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders is about to begin:

t1403830800z4.png

1. Date and Time: Friday, June 27, 2014 at 10 a.m. Japan time (reception will open at 9 a.m.)

2. Place: Seventh floor conference room in the Development Center of the Company,
located at 2-1 Minamimatsuda-cho, Higashikujyo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The venue is different from the previous year. Please refer to the map of the venue
where the General Meeting of Shareholders will be held at the end of this document
to arrive at the correct location.

3. Meeting Agenda:
Matters to be reported:
1. The Business Report, Consolidated Financial Statements for the Company’s
74th Fiscal Year (April 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014) and results of audits by the
Accounting Auditor and the Board of Auditors of the Consolidated Financial
Statements
2. Non-Consolidated Financial Statements for the Company’s 74th Fiscal Year
(April 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014)

Proposals to be resolved:
Proposal No. 1: Distribution of Surplus
Proposal No. 2: Partial Amendment to Articles of Incorporation
Proposal No. 3: Election of Ten Directors
Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/convocation_notice1406e.pdf

The meeting will not be broadcasted in any way, just as usual, so we have to rely on people in attendance tweeting about it. David Gibson usually tweets from these meetings, though he hasn't given indication of that this year; we will see what happens. If anything, the voting results ought to become available shortly after the meeting has ended.

If you have voting power and want to vote via the internet, you can do so at http://www.web54.net

Of importance this year is the voting, and Mr. Iwata's approval rating (77.26% last year):

convocation_notice1407tj3m.png

convocation_notice140m4j17.png

Continued from page 27: stipulated by laws and regulations pursuant to the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation and
Article 427, Paragraph 1, of the Corporation Law

Info about the major shareholders, with Katsuhito Yamauchi and Banjo Yamuchi new this year:

convocation_notice140pxkuu.png

Richie

I think Iwata deserves at least another year to see if things can be turned around. Rooting for him, albeit I don't really think they'd vote him out...this year, at least.

I hope we get some reveals a lá DS VC from January.

maxcriden

Thanks for making this thread and for the great and informative OP, Rösti!

Realistically, can we expect any meaningful news apart from internal company goings-on to come out of this?

GameE

Thanks for making this thread and for the great and informative OP, Rösti!

Realistically, can we expect any meaningful news apart from internal company goings-on to come out of this?

There isnt a lot of info at these things if I remember right
Gotta wait until the next financial results

Mariolee

No one is expecting anything announcement wise out of this hopefully. This is just to see how the shareholders are feeling about how Nintendo is trying to recover and what plans may take place structurally at the company moving forward. I feel like Iwata deserves more than a higher approval rating after that fantastic E3.

Totally forgot that they were looking to appoint an outside director. I remember them having to change the articles of their incorporation to do so.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm interested in the Q&A honestly; hopefully more information in relation to IP licensing and the Amiibo platform will be discussed.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Totally forgot that they were looking to appoint an outside director. I remember them having to change the articles of their incorporation to do so.
Indeed. And I find it particularly interesting that they are proposing the election of Naoki Mizutani due to:

Although Mr. Naoki Mizutani has no experience of being involved in corporate management, he has practiced as an attorney-at-law and patent attorney for many years in corporate legal affairs related to the intellectual property field, which is deeply connected with the Company’s business. He is thus expected to be capable of objectively ensuring the effectiveness of decision-making by the Board of Directors of the Company and giving advice on the Company’s management in general by making the most of his extensive experience and broad knowledge in the management of the Company. His election is proposed also based on the judgment that he is capable of properly fulfilling supervisory functions with respect to business execution as Outside Director and enhancing corporate governance of the Company, based on his experience of having properly conducted audits as the Company’s Outside Auditor.

watershed

Banned
I can't wait for someone to complain about how hard it was to get to the new venue. The Q and A questions are pretty hilarious sometimes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Rösti;118427414 said:
Indeed. And I find it particularly interesting that they are proposing the election of Naoki Mizutani due to:

All I can think of is this is the new Howard Lincoln.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So is this the one when they DO actually announce games, sometimes? I think they announced Kirby's Return to Dreamland and The Last Story AND Pandora's Tower at this kind of meeting.

"My. Kamiya, what is your opinion on Nintendo's current financial state?"

"I'M BLOCKING ALL MONEY BABIES!"

Or he would just give them the link to another tweet where he already explained it.

When I get on Twitter and see "Good morning, everyone..." it's my cue to crack open a few beers.

DJIzana

I'm nervous and excited at the same time. :S

I really hope Iwata gets a higher than normal approval rating. He's a deeply devoted CEO and clearly, given by the number of shares he has invested in that company, cares a LOT about it. Here's to you, Iwata-san! =)

AmyS

Oh Shit, I am seriously high right now, I swear to God I truly am.

INCOMING: NEW PRESIDENT / CEO OF NINTENDO WORLDWIDE FOR NINTENDO JAPAN - THE AMERICAS - UK/EUROPE - AND MANY "NEW" EMERGING NATIONS LIKE CHINA

I KNOW IT!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I added in the OP the table of the major shareholders.

I hope someone asks about a new 3ds model. I need a 3ds lite.

That's what I'm waiting for personally. I don't like the ergonomics of either 3DS model. The original is too small and blocky, and the XL loses a bit of IQ along with a d-pad that is too low and I think the analog sticks on both are terrible. They're totally playable systems don't get me wrong, but a far cry from what I expect of Nintendo handhelds.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So is this the one when they DO actually announce games, sometimes? I think they announced Kirby's Return to Dreamland and The Last Story AND Pandora's Tower at this kind of meeting.
I believe they only announce games at quarterly meetings and not the annual meeting.

Like the sole purpose of this meeting is for the shareholders to elect the board of directors and then get a Q&A session about the company that is often a bit more brutal than the filtered list of analysts who call in for financial quarters.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What happens if the approval vote is below 50%?
Honorable practice would be I think for Mr. Iwata to assume another position within the company, but continue to serve as President until a new candidate has been found. I think the replacement ought to be Tatsumi Kimishima though, so the transition would be smooth.

Top Bottom