• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders | June 29, 10 a.m. JST

JoeM86

Sure. Every spinoff they made outside of Captain Toad ranged from mediocre to awful. Hyrule Warriors, Happy Home Designer, Amiibo Festival are not good games. As far as rushed software, see Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Star Fox, etc.

I'm not sure what else you would call Star Fox, even without the control issues(why would we ignore this?), the game suffers from other design issues and sticks far too close to 64.

Hyrule Warriors is a decent game, but it's not Nintendo developed. However, it is both critically and commercially highly regarded, so I fail to see your logic in regards to it.
Happy Home Designer is not a Wii U game.
amiibo Festival, I agree is not the best game.

Mario Party and Star Fox do not appear rushed. What would you define as rushed? They're both really polished titles (as is Mario Tennis) and are generally good games. Only Mario Tennis is lacking content and that could be used to determine it being "rushed".

Its funny yall talk about new and fresh experiences on Wii yet talk about appeal and what nobody asked for on Wii U.

That argument is a joke
You all should just stop bothering with the likes of Shiggy, Ghost Trick, Dampflokfreund ,Dragon Sworne etc.
Edit: and Instro.
Literally nothing good will come out of arguing with people who've already made up their minds and are absolutely arguing in bad faith.

That TMS argument is absolutely laughable.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Sure. Every spinoff they made outside of Captain Toad ranged from mediocre to awful. Hyrule Warriors, Happy Home Designer, Amiibo Festival are not good games. As far as rushed software, see Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Star Fox, etc.

I'm not sure what else you would call Star Fox, even without the control issues(why would we ignore this?), the game suffers from other design issues and sticks far too close to 64.

I agree with all this except you need to also include
Captain Toad.

Peterc

So no info came out?

No info, I understand they want to keep everything a secret, so no other companies can copy their idea, because it happened many times in the past.

But they could give us a date when they are going to reveal it, I don't understand why they arent telling us that.

I'm sure all the current rumors are fake, people are getting crazy, if we know the date, we can stop complaining about when we are getting the info.

Matbtz

No info, I understand they want to keep everything a secret, so no other companies can copy their idea, because it happened many times in the past.

But they could give us a date when they are going to reveal it, I don't understand why they arent telling us that.

I'm sure all the current rumors are fake, people are getting crazy, if we know the date, we can stop complaining about when we are getting the info.

I guess it would be irrelevant to say it in the investor meeting without press being there, surely they wanted to keep things (financial) business related. Maybe we'll have a direct for upcoming games (federation force, paper mario and...euh ok there is nothing to show..) and a tease for the reveal event soon ?
I really hope too we'll get something soon, sick of waiting in the dark.

casiopao

Did anyone post this? The CSR Report 2016 is full of charm.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/csr/index.html

It oozes with charm there.^_^ And it is a new news there for me lol. I know that NOA and NOE have been quite active on CSR there but i was shocked at the presence of NOAu lol.

I never thought they exist there.^^ And what's funny, the head of NoAu is still so young.

Edit: While i can't read JP. It seems in the CSR diversity section, they also address LGBT there. If anyone who can translate it will be nice.^_^ And they show that they also accept difference nationality people into their company there just from NoAu Diversity food event there.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Holy shit. Miyamoto only owns a measly 100 shares of the company?

Actually, all those numbers for everyone seem pretty low. Even the top dog, Kimishima only has 1,000.

Am I mistaken in assuming these numbers are sub-standard?

casiopao

No NX info goodness? My goodness....well I expected nothing, so I got what I expected.

Ummm. What are hoping from Shareholders meeting where they are only supposed to discuss about financial aspect of the company here?

Hell, reading the answer of Q&A should already tell you something. Those shareholders would care less about NX here. The thing they care the most is money and whether Nintendo future plan will grant them more money.

So, it is good for you to expect nothing there.^_^

This photo! So good
D2ggv5L.jpg

Jackano

Did anyone post this? The CSR Report 2016 is full of charm.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/csr/index.html

Mario is perfectly picturing what people has been doing at Nintendo for the last two years: Nothing.
Joking joking, don't take it seriously insiders :)

Also confirms Luigi is back to the sidekick status, bringing the coffee.

Whatever the NX controller is, it'll have to have:
- An NFC reader
- Maybe a little, shitty Camera

- NFC reader can be in the console not the controller anymore.
- Or maybe two little, shitty cameras.

casiopao

Mario is perfectly picturing what people has been doing at Nintendo for the last two years: Nothing.
Joking joking, don't take it seriously insiders :)

Also confirms Luigi is back to the sidekick status, bringing the coffee.

- NFC reader can be in the console not the controller anymore.
- Or maybe two little, shitty cameras.

I think that making a shitty camera nowadays will be more expensive than making a decent camera lol.

rinpa_img02.jpg

This is sooo good there.^_^ Where can i buy one Ninty?

Roo

No NX info goodness? My goodness....well I expected nothing, so I got what I expected.
Well, it is obviously nothing big but they reconfirmed NX is releasing in March next year and that dedicated game consoles are still their core business.

That means we're barely 8 months away from launch so leaks news should appear in the next few months.

Jackano

I think that making a shitty camera nowadays will be more expensive than making a decent camera lol.

But you'll need a decent CPU to process the decent camera output, and we all know it's gonna be a power consumption efficient and underpowered one ;)

casiopao

But you'll need a decent CPU to process the decent camera output, and we all know it's gonna be a power consumption efficient and underpowered one ;)

........ i don't believe that NX CPU will be so weak that it cant run a decent camera though.O_O

Hermii

Some gaffer who's apparently reliable, leaked that it's slightly better than the Xbox one cpu, which is slightly better than the ps4 cpu.

So nothing impressive, but all consoles this gen has underpowered CPUs.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The OP has now been slightly updated with links to resolution notices. Also, many thanks to Cheesemeister and NStyles for covering the meeting.

Wait, is this 100% real?
Q1. I’ve held shares for 20 years. I want to protest the board of directors being all-male. Remember half of the market is female. Also, I don’t use a PC, and I’d like the opinions of those kinds of shareholders to be taken into account.

A1. Kimishima: We don’t have any females [on the board]. For foreigners, Reggie is an operating officer. There are many female employees, and their opinions are applied in product development. It’s important that we continue taking their opinions in dev.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

We should ignore the control problems, because there are no inherent problems with the controls.

Stopdoor

Hyrule Warriors is a decent game, but it's not Nintendo developed. However, it is both critically and commercially highly regarded, so I fail to see your logic in regards to it.
Happy Home Designer is not a Wii U game.
amiibo Festival, I agree is not the best game.

Mario Party and Star Fox do not appear rushed. What would you define as rushed? They're both really polished titles (as is Mario Tennis) and are generally good games. Only Mario Tennis is lacking content and that could be used to determine it being "rushed".

Just saying, I don't even dislike Mario Party 10, but Bowser Party, the 'standout mode' of the game only lets you play on 3 of the only 5 maps with 10 minigames. Amiibo Party is limited to square boards. Mario Party mode actually removed an interesting mechanic from MP9, Captain Events, and replaced it with nothing. The minigame mode selection was reduced from about 10 modes to 2.

It's easy to see how more time in the oven would have helped it.

JoeM86

Just saying, I don't even dislike Mario Party 10, but Bowser Party, the 'standout mode' of the game only lets you play on 3 of the only 5 maps with 10 minigames. Amiibo Party is limited to square boards. Mario Party mode actually removed an interesting mechanic from MP9, Captain Events, and replaced it with nothing. The minigame mode selection was reduced from about 10 modes to 2.

It's easy to see how more time in the oven would have helped it.

I think that's more down to development choice not it being rushed.

Games were the problem. [followed by some talk about Wii U games]

You merry mix your own opinions with sales data and assumptions and logical fallacies. You really want to make a point but you fail like Nintendo did with Wii U :) The Wii U game line up was as good or better then its predecessors in the first few years, but at one point Nintendo gave up because WiiU failed to sell.

Two things:
3D World and DKC Tropical Freeze, as you mention, were acclaimed by critics, but they were extremely divisive titles. They were not universally-lauded as the Mario Galaxies were
Why do you mix DKC laudatio with Galaxies? Was DKCTF as "universally-lauded" as DKC on Wii? And which other game was "universally-lauded" like Mario Galaxy? I think it's still on top in most metacritics list. :D

Bayonetta 2 was nice for the fans, but the console had done little to attract the type of gamers that would buy it
Bayonetta 2: Looking at the sales of Bayonetta 1 it seems that there is no console that had attracted the "type of gamers" that would buy such a game :)

Jackano

........ i don't believe that NX CPU will be so weak that it cant run a decent camera though.O_O
The ;) smiley at the end of my post was here to indicate I was joking though :)

You put it on the controller so you can have multiple NFC readers per console at your disposal. It's also a hell of a lot more convenient
Sure it's convenient, but I'm thinking shrinking cost here because the gamepad was too expensive. Having the hardware itself as a NFC stand is also much more like the other toys-to-life scheme.

Yet I agree with you, if I had to bet, I'll on a NFC reader inside the controller just like the gamepad. But I think the better option is in the console.

Speculating again, Nintendo can release a weird USB stand/extender if you want a NFC reader far from the console. I easily imagine them producing such a useless and expensive accessory, just like the NFC reader for regular 3DS, the Wii Wheel or the 3DS Kid Icarus stand.
Last option, using the NX handheld as a controller, you'll get the convenience you seek.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What part, the answer or the question? I don't understand why she tells the board she does not use a PC.

I think the funniest part of that is the response to "You need women on in leadership positions" is, "Well, we got Reggie in America."

I'm fairly certain that room-wide/TV screen augmented reality attachment is the gimmick. It makes sense for Nintendo, and it would probably be pretty cool.

Not sure how it would affect local multiplayer, though.

I don't see why would I spend money on TMS considering it doesn't appeal to me and doesn't seem to appeal to anyone. It's just another exemple of Nintendo's cluelessness about their IP. The case about TMS is a different one though, it's a good game with good production values and care. But it's like selling meat to vegans. The target audience, namely FE and SMT fans don't care about this. This is a case of "I never asked for this".

It's also one of the first Nintendo 1st party games to be english only.
This is the only thing you said that I agree with. There is no doubt TMS is a quality game but there is no way I would ever play it due to the idol thing. I am still fucking pissed off about the way it turned out and really don't understand why it gets a pass compared to Color Splash and Federation Force.

I'm fairly certain that room-wide/TV screen augmented reality attachment is the gimmick. It makes sense for Nintendo, and it would probably be pretty cool.

Not sure how it would affect local multiplayer, though.

While interesting, I feel like these types of things are too costly for Nintendo. Didn't Microsoft had a prototype of that a few years back?

Probably because they haven't settled on a date yet. And dates are subject to change, so the last thing we need is a meltdown if the announced date changes. I think we'll hear something in September or October.

MuchoMalo

Banned
It wasn't. That's why Wii U failed harder than GameCube. Software output has been the worst from all their consoles.

Software drought can only be fixed with a unified ecosystem in which all of their games are cross compatible with their handheld and home console. Either that or huge expansion in term of workforce.

I still don't see the point in a 100% shared library. The console would just end up selling poorly and they'll switch to a full-on hybrid with the next generation. Either share most games with some exclusives so that all of the hardware has appeal, or just make a hybrid.

Top Bottom