• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Business Hype Nintendo's global marketing campaign for Metroid Fusion sequel Metroid Dread continues (large billboard spotted in Mexico)

May 9, 2019
The release of Metroid Dread is fast approaching and it seems it's not just Japan that's getting behind MercurySteam's upcoming Nintendo Switch release.

Over in Mexico - a large billboard has been spotted, and it's got some fans of the famous intergalactic bounty hunter in a state of disbelief. Again, this is the conclusion to the original Metroid saga we're talking about here - not big hitters like Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, or Animal Crossing. It's a series some seem to think hasn't been given enough spotlight over the years, so it's fantastic to see these kinds of advertisements popping up.

Perhaps Nintendo is feeling confident after the game's pre-release success - with the title topping the best-selling and pre-order charts just days after it was announced. In addition to banners going up in many different locations around the world, Nintendo has also been promoting Metroid Dread with reports and social media posts. Just this week it dropped a new commercial:

Awesome!

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015
i wonder wtf is happening with this game and the insane marketing push
still not ok about the B tier dev team having another go at metroid after the abysmal 3ds game

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

SinDelta

May 21, 2020
Modern Nintendo is so boring that fan sites write articles about a billboard.
Yeah so boring we got Bowsers Fury, Bravely Default 2, Monster Hunter Rise, Great Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter Stories 2, NEO The World Ends with You, Warioware Get It Together! with Metroid Dread, Shin Megami Tensei V, Pokémon Shining Pearl and Brilliant Diamond Remakes and Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot-Camp still upcoming for this year alone.

Its not 2017 no but its still a pretty solid year, with 2 games that were previously thought borderline myth releasing (Metroid Dread, SMT V) and two that were very unexpected (Great Ace Attorney worldwide release, and a new Warioware entry.) Not to mention NEO The World Ends with You actually being a worthy sequel to one of the best RPGs ever made.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cutty Flam

MrA

Mar 9, 2020
still not ok about the B tier dev team having another go at metroid after the abysmal 3ds game
I love when people act like games that were received are terrible because they didn't get exactly what they wanted.
Metacritic and user reviewers might not be perfect, but a game that is at 85 mc and 87 user means it must have been good enough not to be review bombed,

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015
I love when people act like games that were received are terrible because they didn't get exactly what they wanted.
Metacritic and user reviewers might not be perfect, but a game that is at 85 mc and 87 user means it must have been good enough not to be review bombed,
Yeah fuck me for asking for a metroid with an ok framerate

• LOL

MrA

Mar 9, 2020
Was that 3ds one the remake? Was it bad?
no, it was excellent, he's just one of those it dropped a few frames, I can't play this whaaaaaa it's garbage and everyone else that isn't a primadonna like me is wrong and bad types

Last edited:

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
Yeah so boring we got Bowsers Fury, Bravely Default 2, Monster Hunter Rise, Great Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter Stories 2, NEO The World Ends with You, Warioware Get It Together! with Metroid Dread, Shin Megami Tensei V, Pokémon Shining Pearl and Brilliant Diamond Remakes and Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot-Camp still upcoming for this year alone.

Its not 2017 no but its still a pretty solid year, with 2 games that were previously thought borderline myth releasing (Metroid Dread, SMT V) and two that were very unexpected (Great Ace Attorney worldwide release, and a new Warioware entry.) Not to mention NEO The World Ends with You actually being a worthy sequel to one of the best RPGs ever made.

Looking forward to Metroid and Advance Wars (we’ll see how they turn out) but nearly everything you listed is incredibly boring, yes.

• Triggered

DenchDeckard

Feb 28, 2021
yeah it was bad. What made it worse is that the fan remake of metroid 2. https://am2r-another-metroid-2-remake.en.uptodown.com/windows way better then the 3ds port
got shut down by nintendo..
I remember hearing about the brilliant fan remake being shut down. That sucked.
no, it was excellent, he's just one of those it dropped a few frames, I can't play this whaaaaaa it's garbage and everyone else that isn't a primadonna like me is wrong and bad types
I thought that the overall feedback was that it was pretty decent.

Ah just a differing of opinions I guess.

Calverz

Apr 27, 2014
Because it’s Nintendo’s big game this Christmas.

brian0057

Jun 18, 2018
Yeah fuck me for asking for a metroid with an ok framerate
If people can, unironically, call broken pieces of shit like Skyrim and New Vegas "masterpieces", I think Metroid Dread dropping a few frames here and there aren't gonna be much of a deal breaker.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Dec 3, 2019

Don’t forget this bad boy right here
ZEHAHAHA!!!!!!