• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's "Hardcore" Japanese Wii Games

I think about Sin and Punishment 2 a lot.. I really want a remaster. It’s a brilliant game.
I would love for the first two games to be remastered on switch. They're both absolute gems, but the second game took everything up several notches - and the pointer controls were great. It's too bad we never got a star fox game with pointer controls, instead we got star fox zero lol

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
What a shame that some never made it to the west.

Disaster was released in Europe and its actually pretty cool. It's definitely flawed, the controls for saving people are a little wonky and goddamn Ray is wearing tap shoes I swear, but its very enjoyable overall.
The forest scene was mighty impressive imo:

It's also a game that can be quite cringe, like sometimes it wants to be serious but its to game-y for that. Idk, still cool game.

Last edited by a moderator:

tassletine

I would love for the first two games to be remastered on switch. They're both absolute gems, but the second game took everything up several notches - and the pointer controls were great. It's too bad we never got a star fox game with pointer controls, instead we got star fox zero lol
Too true. What a disappointment, especially from Platinum. They should have given that one to Treasure.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hello my fellow video games fans,

For those of you who are interested by the game, I wanted to warn you that my English patch for Takt of Magic for Wii has been released, and can be downloaded at the following address (use the Google drive link if Romhacking.net isn’t working, although a nice review would be much appreciated if you like my work).

Download link:
Takt of Magic English Translation Patch Thread

Here's a little “promotional” video I made, if I may say… you might even find out about my two previous translations of Earth Seeker (Earth Seeker English Patch) and Ikenie No Yoru, aka Night of the Sacrifice (Night of the Sacrifice English Patch).

Hope you’ll enjoy the game, don’t hesitate to give feedback if you need help or just want to say “Hi”!

Yours trully.

2 cool, quoted for new page.

Brand Newman

Neo Member
Hello everyone, long time no see!

I've been told this thread is for "hardcore" Japanese Wii games, and what can be more "hardcore" than gory-mushou-EDF genra "Zangeki No Reginleiv"?

I'm proud to announce that Gummi and I have released a long-awaited patch for this Japanese exclusive, and would very much like to read from you if you like the game.

Please find below the trailer, as well as the download link you can use to try the patch.

Trailer:

Patch:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6025/

Everybody has a nice day!

Brand Newman

Neo Member
Hello everybody! I don't know if many of you are still coming here, but I wanted to inform you my "Chibi-Robo English translation patch" for the Wii version of the game has been released!

The game is the same as its Gamecube counterpart (albeit a lot cheaper), except for some different designs (the Rangers, the Space Scrambler), and the fact that it has "New Play Control" feature!

As a matter of fact, it's the only game of the "New Play" collection that stayed in Japan.

The translation is not totally identical to the GC version for several reasons (lack of space, a translation that is closer to the original meaning, etc.), and I hope this gives you the motivation to play the game again, should you have played it before on GC!

_Ex_

More great Wii games you all didn't care about because you were too "hardcore" for Wii...

113300_front.jpg

-

94509_front.jpg

-

69012_front.jpg

Top Bottom