• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's share price surpasses Pokémon Go peak, highest in years.

SalvaPot

I love that Nintendo is doing well, hopefully the money goes to all the games I want on the Switch. Mostly a Mother 3 localization already.

Bnxhw9M.png

The good thing about this stock gain is that it's coming on the heels of sustained increases, rather than a spike like Pokemon GO was. It's been quite a while since the stock dropped more than 0.2% in a day, yet it's been jumping more than 1-2% daily fairly often lately.

Sustained growth is a good sign that it will keep it's current value. Or increase further. As a stockholder I'm quite happy.

But as a stockholder who sold his previous shares back in July at that bump I'm slightly less happy.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
The problem with Nintendo is that they did a fantastic job of finding these millions of new players with the Wii. The Wii U, it kind of does that, but also tries to bring in the existing gamers as well, so I think they may have lost their way a bit. But they’re super smart people; never underestimate Nintendo. They’re probably one hardware release away from something that utterly convinces us that they know exactly what the future of gaming should be.
Peter Molyneux, 3 years ago.

vern

Is this where I bragged about having bought NTDOY at 17 and having earned 5 digits from it.

I bought shares in the GC era.. forget how many. I was like 18 years old and maybe bought 100 shares or so. Sold during the Wii era and had quite a nice payday for a college kid. Should have held onto the stock and/or bought more later... oh well. Congrats on your trade.

Can we buy Nintendo stock?
Nintendo stock is sold in the US as NTDOY - each share of NTDOY stock is 1/8 share of Japanese stock (NTDOF). You can buy shares of NTDOY at any trading company, like etrade.

I bought 19 shares of the stuff right before the NX reveal, it's now worth $100 more than when I bought it. I'm a hundredaire!

Nintendo stock is sold in the US as NTDOY - each share of NTDOY stock is 1/8 share of Japanese stock (NTDOF). You can buy shares of NTDOY at any trading company, like etrade.

I bought 19 shares of the stuff right before the NX reveal, it's now worth $100 more than when I bought it. I'm a hundredaire!

I have 200 shares...I regular on stocktwits.com, if you go there you'll see some guys that have like 20,000 shares in NTDOY. I love doing the math...like say I made 500 bucks in the last month which means this guy with 20,000 shares made $50,000...jesus.

ggx2ac

The next peak to beat is ¥34,100 from December 2008.

What a way to end the week, Nintendo's share price had growth due to Capcom announcing Monster Hunter XX for Switch.

It was from 10am that Monster Hunter XX for Switch was announced.

Nintendo's Market Cap will soon match Sony if this keeps up.

If Switch is another Wii, the stock price may reach the Wii peak. I'm please looking forward to it! Hopefully I won't have to please understand instead in a few years!

If Switch is another Wii, the stock price may reach the Wii peak. I'm please looking forward to it! Hopefully I won't have to please understand instead in a few years!

The hope (for investors like myself) is not that it causes another Wii peak, the hope is that the share price gets that high or higher and actually remains there. The encouraging thing in this area is that Nintendo has explicitly talked about their future hardware business being Switch focused in the long run, whereas Wii support had to be ended to support the 3DS which is what led to its sales more or less dropping off a cliff 6 years in.

Since they seem to actually have a long-term plan with the Switch as a basis, that is a very encouraging sign.

Top Bottom