• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh 2 Remastered - 14 minutes of PS5 gameplay at 4k/60

Fools idol

Banned
guys - What is the best way to play Nioh 2? i cant seem to find a physical Ps5 copy in the UK, there seems to be a bunch of versions on ps4 but I'm on PS5..

peronmls

I think I am the only one bothered by the moon walking the character does when in stance? I really wished they fixed that in these games. Break the immersion for me.

Last edited:
I think I am the only one bothered by the moon walking the character does when in stance? I really wished they fixed that in these games. Break the immersion for me.
What do you prefer, Nioh moon walking + super responsive controls or Red dead redemption 2 realistic take + incredibly crappy controls?

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
really? does that include all the DLC though from the remaster?
vUvf8uF.jpg

I got towards the end of this game and just gave up, it just got too hard and I say this as someone that beat every Souls game. It got to be a bit much.
Same here. I gave up on Nioh 2 like 30% of the way through it. I felt like the last 10% of Nioh 1 and all of Nioh 1's DLC was way too demanding and Nioh 2 got to that level of difficulty within 3 or 4 levels.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nioh 2 is pretty demanding mainly because there's no single way to get yourself overpowered, you have to combine multiple effects which requires actual understanding of the game's numerous systems.

DLC areas are also significantly harder than almost anything in the base game and are really intended to be tackled once the player has started a NG+ cycle.

Nioh despite the similarities with FROM's output is really different at heart, which is why it always kinda bugs me the way that the level design is compared. The degree of importance in world-building versus setting up replayable/masterable combat scenarios is huge.

peronmls

What do you prefer, Nioh moon walking + super responsive controls or Red dead redemption 2 realistic take + incredibly crappy controls?
IDK. Just make them move forward a tad bit faster. lol. It's not a big deal but these games look very immersive for such moon walking. haha

I got towards the end of this game and just gave up, it just got too hard and I say this as someone that beat every Souls game. It got to be a bit much.

The Souls games aren't even difficult, they're just learning patterns. They don't require you to have fast reaction times or plan tactics

nioh 2 on ps4 pro looked like ass and played like ass.

playing it on PC was a massive upgrade in IQ and performance.
4k/60 is the right way to play it.

really looking forward to nioh 3.

Hot5pur

NiOh2 was a pretty solid game. Much improved over the original.
Definitely on the long side and could have been 25% shorter and focus on replayability instead.
NiOhs best comparison is Sekiro, and NiOh wins hands down with regards to combat and difficulty. Sekiro just makes you memorize endlessly and pay dearly for mistakes, while NiOh gives you options and makes you be a better player in a way of your choosing. Sekiro is like "either you play the game this one way, or you're not going to have a good time". Sekiro is overrated and I hope they just focus on more Elden Ring or do another Bloodbourne.
NiOh2 is on sale with all the DLC....tempting. Played first time on PS4, now have a 4k/60 rig, might give it another go.

Fbh

I don't see how Nioh 2 is easier when regardless of how you level up every enemy is fast, aggressive and kills you in 2-4 hits.

Imo the biggest thing making Nioh 2 easier is the new counter mechanic.

Almost all enemies, including bosses, have these attacks where they glow red and they can all be countered with a single button press and fairly generous timing. It's sort of like the mikiri counter in Sekiro except almost everyone has such a move, it's way more telegraphed and with a way more forgiving timing

Should i skip the first one? Either one would be PC.

I found the second one better in every way. From gameplay to level design to story.

But the first one is still really good.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I haven't played Nioh 2, but holy shit is this bad in the Wo Long demo (when just running forward normally). It looks ridiculous. I don't remember being bothered by this in the original Nioh, maybe it wasn't like that there?

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I can't speak for 2, but Nioh 1 was nowhere near Sekiro in difficulty. The enemy combat patterns (bosses included) were too predictable.
I died more than any soulslike combined in Nioh 1. AI not that great but that one-two shots gets you somehow. Bosses are easier so far though. First one is great, playing it right now, waiting for 2 to hit gamepass.

BbMajor7th

I honestly didn't find Nioh 2 as hard as Sekiro. There are a builds that get very OP as you head into late game: twin swords or tonfas in low stance are quite insanely brutal and super easy to wield.

Raphael

Nioh 1 & 2 is easier than sekiro. I finished at least ng+ on both niohs but rage quit sekiro.

The kusarigama is fun and powerful and if i recall right it fits well with ninjutsu which was op as well.

Last edited:
I really should give this another try. I platinumed Nioh 1, and 100% the dlcs and loved everything about that game and played it after 100% for a long time, helping others etc.

I quit Nioh 2 after a couple hours. :'(

It's really interesting to hear all these widely different takes on the difficulty of Sekiro vs. Nioh. To me, Sekiro was the easier of the two (granted it's still super challenging) because once you understood the parry mechanic, you could apply that same skill from the beginning of the game to the end. Granted, battles do get harder, but the goal is the same; look for parry opportunities to build up the posture bar, throw in a few attacks to reduce enemy health which also slows posture recovery, and then work your way towards a deathblow. In comparison, I spent so much time in Nioh 1 and 2 trying to find a build or weapon that really clicked with me and nothing really ever did. The faster weapons were far too weak, the stronger weapons were far too slow, and I was always running out of ki despite constantly using the ki recovery mechanic (ki flux?), so the games just never got any easier for me personally.

Top Bottom