• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh coming to Steam on November 7, Nioh Complete for PS4 same day

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
In my top 3 games of 2017. It's confusing as balls at first, but stick with it and you'll be in for a treat.

Some people didn't like that it was level-based, not open-world like Souls, but I for one appreciated it. Really, really good game.

Durante

Ok, now I have some questions to people familiar with the game:
How does multiplayer work in this? Is it Souls-like? Can you play the entire game in coop?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Good. Hopefully it's not a garbage port and I can run it at 60 with good image quality.

galv

Unconfirmed Member
Unexpected but a nice surprise. It's a solid game if you have a Soulsborne itch.

However, it's a KT port, so tempered expectations.

giphy.webp

ehead

Kinda glad I waited. I've been meaning to buy the collection sometime this holiday. PC version it is then.

Can't wait for the inevitable disappointment when Koei Tecmo fucks something PC related up.

I'm in, I really hope this is their best PC port yet... It could far and away be their best selling if they do it right.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/485510/Nioh_Complete_Edition___Complete_Edition/

Code:
System Requirements

Minimum:
        OS: Windows® 10 64bit, Windows® 8.1 64bit, Windows® 7 64bit
        Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 3550 or over
        Memory: 6 GB RAM
        Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 VRAM 3GB or over AMD Radeon™ R9 280 VRAM 3GB or over
        DirectX: Version 11
        Network: Broadband Internet connection
        Storage: 100 GB available space
        Sound Card: 16 bit stereo, 48KHz WAVE file can be played

Recommended:
        OS: Windows® 10 64bit, Windows® 8.1 64bit, Windows® 7 64bit
        Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 4770K or over
        Memory: 8 GB RAM
        Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 VRAM 6GB or over AMD Radeon™ R9 380X VRAM 4GB or over
        DirectX: Version 11
        Network: Broadband Internet connection
        Storage: 100 GB available space
        Sound Card: 16 bit stereo, 48KHz WAVE file can be played

How does multiplayer work in this? Is it Souls-like? Can you play the entire game in coop?

yes. Though you cannot get invaded like in Souls; you have to initiate a duel with an NPC version of a player's character.

I thought this was on steam.

Anyway, I didn't think it was a full time exclusive on PS4.

Great game and I'm still planning on platinum it but I hate leveling up to meet the level requirement which is absurdly difficult.

It is like Souls. You can use the shrine (the bonfire) to summon someone to help you complete a mission. Once a mission is complete you part ways with the summoned person.

Also, I'm glad that the PC crowd will be able to play this. Awesome game with fantastic combat and pretty deep customization options.

Not the same as souls as in put a sign down and summon you're friend in, In Nioh one of you has to do the mission first to be summoned in by you're friend. Then it gives an option to go through the same level together with harder difficulty's and a life bar for you both to revive.

Pro's and con's too the mechanic. Ideally you would both do it the latter way straight from the off like the Souls games.

Top Bottom