• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh getting a new limited Beta this week?

FelipeMGM

EDIT: Yeah, its gone now. Either error or something they will announce later today

PS Blog EU post about this week's new games is listing a ''Nioh – Limited time beta for 18th January''. Has this been announced before?

C2XyApTXUAIeyeh.jpg:large

Searched about it but could not find anything

I thought we heard about this, but I saw it the first time for myself. Cool, wonder if it's the same location?

Hopefully it comes with Pro support, too.

UrbanRats

"Beta", since the game is Gold.

I only tried the Alpha, maybe i'll give this a shot to see the improvements first hand.

Baalzebup

A smart move, that. Show off that polished final product for the fence sitters and allow those who missed the previous limited time Alpha and Beta to try it out. Though as UrbanRats mentions above, calling it a Beta is kind of weird at this point, given the games gold status. The timing is that of a demo of the finished product.

Peroroncino

"Beta", since the game is Gold.

I only tried the Alpha, maybe i'll give this a shot to see the improvements first hand.

Well this would be technically a second beta, besides, they're probably still working at the game, or the purpose of this beta would be to test servers, not the game itself like with alpha/beta where they asked for feedback directly.

Constantly checks you online, so the game pauses if network went offline while playing.

Same, kind of happy if it was mistake as I'm busy this week..

That's a shame. I don't have access to internet on my PS4 all the time.

Hope I get the beta reward through this.

BigEmil

Good for those that somehow missed both Alpha and Beta. I already preordered the game and it's releasing pretty soon so I won't be playing this extra beta wanna go in fresh now in the full game unless there's more unlockables

I'd like to try another demo of this. I only got around to trying the alpha, and while I really like the look of the game, I didn't enjoy playing it. It reminded of a DW game, but with a lot more added depth. Like, there was no weight to his movement, and the animations lacked impact.

Copper

yeah, and the post aint even on the PS Blog EU homepage anymore, and the tweet about it is gone too

Either error or something they will still announcce

I'm betting they will announce something soon. That's not really something you put down as an error.

N° 2048

except those weren't demos.

"a demonstration of a product or technique."

" Demos are normally released after the entire product is complete or near completion, and generally when at least a release date has been given. These are primarily used to generate hype and get basic user feedback from the intended user base."

Yes they were.

Top Bottom