• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuchu

Why nerf
her
? She' was already weak as hell.

She gives the Pleides and extraction buffs to you when you use a moment or guardian spirit talisman. In nerfing extraction you nerf her. She's a farming spirit though and not intended to be strong at fighting, that's why Kelley wanted her.

Zolbrod

Don't get overwhelmed by the poison. The key is that each room has its own poison generator (or two). Just turn on the poison sucking machine thingy, then destroy the generator. You can freely roam around the area after it's gone.

Okay, well I'm stupid obviously. Never noticed the generators, or at least never thought to destroy them. That would've made life a lot easier for sure.

On the other hand, the boss in that area was a total breeze, so that was a relief at least.

So just started, beat the first mission and and a bit through the second. What stats should i be upping for a sword and axe character with a bow sometimes? Should i bother upping the ones not related to those weapons. And i think i wanna wear medium armor.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
You have to adapt, not just i-frame through everything like in Bloodborne.

Use your block. Time your Ki Pulse. Make sure to deplete the enemies Ki bar. Back away sometimes. This is not Bloodborne.

This so much, as soon as I started playing with a Ki (attack and utilisation) focus, I got much better at the game after being a little frustrated. Still get killed quite often, but I never have that befuddled look on my face that I used to early on, the "how did I get hit just then?" face lol.

That Ki dodge ability is Key* though....R1 can be too awkward in the heat of a fight, Ki Pulse is life, it is mother and father.

Oh snap, sounds like I need blade spin in my life: it's not as cheese as sloth though is it? Not keen on that (for personal reasons) :)

Mr_Moogle

I'm a big Souls and Bloodborne fan but I still seem to be pretty bad at Nioh. I think the main issue is that I'm trying to play the game in a faster/high risk sort of way and not blocking as much I probably need to.

I had some trouble with the first two bosses. I found the Ogre on the ship frustrating because I was terrible as dodging his chain balls. It probably didn't help that I was basically not blocking at all at that point.

I thought Hino-Enma was going to be impossible until I realised the trick is to stay the fuck away from her. Her attacks are telegraphed but you need some space because she is really fast.

I'm loving this game though. Feels like a faster souls without so much of the survival horror atmosphere. I prefer the interconnected world of Souls games but overall i think the combat in Nioh is actually more developed and more customisable.

komorebi

Gods, nothing beats confidently walking into what you think is shallow water only to fall to your death. Every single time. Hardest enemy in the game hands down.

The most important thing I want to tell people is not to mash evade. Rather just sprint while locked on.

I don't know why people assume you can't sprint just because you have lock on engaged.

Very impressive but I can do that one without cheese. Sadly, it's the other one that my skill is lacking in as the two bosses have some devastating ranged attacks. I got absolutely destroyed.

That's fine though, I'm OK with not being good enough.

Thanks. I see, they have indeed. I have not played the other one much, but focusing on Oda first made me complete it, but will be hard to do No Damage :p

xuchu

That's quickdraw.

I love using the iai-QuickDraw but it's not even close dude. The iai is amazing for wombo comboing stunned and downed enemies but it's still situational and requires setup for most enemies and certainly for bosses. Blade spin is just good for any and all situations, aoe or single target it doesn't matter. In fact kusari-gama is the most versatile weapon in the game. Some of the moves have a slow startup though, so for the
double
boss missions and more aggressive enemies I like dual swords more.

Use your favourite move blade spin
https://youtu.be/o0y2j2SygRY

Wow, it's so good and hits like a truck for the small openings we have to deal damage. Weakness talisman makes it even better.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
OH MY GOD, WHAT A RUSH O_O

Beat Nue at LV 1, with mariners shirt, boots and pants with level 1 soshu-den dual uchigatana attack 76 >< my god i've never felt this feeling before

Shush ANYONE who says this game is not skill based!

Caim

OH MY GOD, WHAT A RUSH O_O

Beat Nue at LV 1, with mariners shirt, boots and pants with level 1 soshu-den dual uchigatana attack 76 >< my god i've never felt this feeling before

Shush ANYONE who says this game is not skill based!

Congrats! That must've been intense.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Congrats! That must've been intense.

Yeah xD

To be fair i did spent the last 2 hours memorizing his attack patterns specifically, so i've got him and the level design/enemy placement generally down to a science xD(i've been playing the level since yesterday)

I can't really say i'm that good, i just have forced my way through the game until now since i'm going for a level 1 playthrough with with no living weapon, but it goes to show that with enough time and patience you can do it

I am absolutely terrible at souls games and even bloodborne but really enjoying my time here even though i've died maybe 200 times, probably cause it has a lot of pure action game Ninja Gaiden type DNA in it that never gets old for me

Yeah xD

To be fair i did spent the last 2 hours memorizing his attack patterns specifically, so i've got him and the level design/enemy placement generally down to a science xD(i've been playing the level since yesterday)

I can't really say i'm that good, i just have forced my way through the game until now since i'm going for a level 1 playthrough with with no living weapon, but it goes to show that with enough time and patience you can do it

I am absolutely terrible at souls games and even bloodborne but really enjoying my time here even though i've died maybe 200 times, probably cause it has a lot of pure action game Ninja Gaiden type DNA in it that never gets old for me

I'm a big fan of Souls and Bloodborne but this game is something further.

I tried starting a new character in DkS2 for the "return" week but I can't stand the pace/clunkiness of my character. I love how fast I can move in Nioh.

Bloodborne might be equal once I can try it with "boost mode" because Nioh in 60fps is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom