• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

giphy.gif

Gif of the year. Even more so since Sanjuro is the final form (i.e. better than Yojimbo).

wohoo, a whole page and nobody complained about the OT title yet, I consider that a major success :)

Yeah I was surprised, especially after what happened last time. Didn't know OT titles were serious business until that happened.

Also thanks for adding that pic!

that's the curse after nioh and souls. every game is shit after them until you adjust. it takes time.

Nioh has not really stuck with me at all after i stopped playing.

Anyway guys, if you play souls for the exploration and weighty combat, you might find a lot to love in horizons gameplay.

Nioh has not really stuck with me at all after i stopped playing.

Anyway guys, if you play souls for the exploration and weighty combat, you might find a lot to love in horizons gameplay.

Is there cool shit to discover architecturally or is it just discovering the next tower thingie to get more map markers type of stuff? Honestly know nothing about the game but thought it looked appealing graphically.

Sorry, totally off topic now haha.

Here we go: Swift Step rules.

myco666

So what is the best way to get a good set that isn't Red Demon or Kingo set? Should I just try to forge or is it better to farm them?

So what is the best way to get a good set that isn't Red Demon or Kingo set? Should I just try to forge or is it better to farm them?

Forging, if you want very specific stuff.

But, if you're adamant about farming revenants, Itsukushima is probably your best bet, as water will kill ANY build.

Fandangox

I think its better to farm them. The set I wanted needed a drop from the
skeleton
boss. It was much faster and better to just beat the actual set boss and get multiple pieces than beat the other boss for a forge and a chance at getting a good rarity on forge.

N° 2048

I got Red Demon Smithing Text the second time I beat
Li

I just put my luck up as much as I could with accessories + magic. I also put a Prestige point on luck anytime I could from the start so that could have helped.

I've gotten pretty much everything I've wanted except
Nue's
fucking mask. AHHHH I want it so badly lol maybe I'll try again later

I like that Nioh and Nier pic. Very likely to end up with the latter next week as well, but itching to get back to Nioh tonight. On the way to the end of the initial story playthrough.

Espada

Li

I just put my luck up as much as I could with accessories + magic. I also put a Prestige point on luck anytime I could from the start so that could have helped.

Nue's

What's funny is that I've gotten that thing a ton of times just by beating on revenants and doing the
final mission boss rush
. That ugly bastard dropped a +5 version of it, too.

Are you running a lightning build? That 20% lightning damage boost on top of boosts from accessories and a guardian spirit would be pretty serious.

N° 2048

What's funny is that I've gotten that thing a ton of times just by beating on revenants and doing the . That ugly bastard dropped a +5 version of it, too.

Are you running a lightning build? That 20% lightning damage boost on top of boosts from accessories and a guardian spirit would be pretty serious.

I'm using the entire Red Demon set. I like it a lot. The spear is stylish.

myco666

Forging, if you want very specific stuff.

But, if you're adamant about farming revenants, Itsukushima is probably your best bet, as water will kill ANY build.

I think its better to farm them. The set I wanted needed a drop from the
skeleton
boss. It was much faster and better to just beat the actual set boss and get multiple pieces than beat the other boss for a forge and a chance at getting a good rarity on forge.

neogaf.gif lol

I guess I try both then once I figure out what I want. Kinda want the Iga set still but I don't understand the blacksmith at all. It seems pretty complex.

Li

Nue's

Oh I have no problem in getting Red Demon sets. I have sold like 50 full sets of it because every single revenant has it. So I want something that not every single other person is using.

Also it is Ii not Li.

RiggyRob

What's the easiest way to see which weapons you've picked up are the best, even if your familiarity with another one is higher and therefore does more damage?

Also, after getting Magic up to 20 for carrying more elixirs, what's the best 'path' for levelling?

Hystzen

My OG PS4 has framerate drops on Edo castle when outside but Pro is fine.

Also love how they added what version game is on the title screen but overlapped it with different text so you cant read it

My OG PS4 has framerate drops on Edo castle when outside but Pro is fine.

Also love how they added what version game is on the title screen but overlapped it with different text so you cant read it

What? I can read the version just fine? There's no other text anywhere near it.

Espada

I'm using the entire Red Demon set. I like it a lot. The spear is stylish.

You... you're one of the Red Demon legions! Begone demon lest I farm your revenant for glory!

Also, I have to thank the people that told me T+H are the best place to farm higher level divine weapons. My quest to +10 weapons has definitely gotten much easier.

Has anyone done the Twilight version of A Defiled Holy Mountain in Way of the Strong mode? Goodness, the boss there just has absurd damage output.

What's the easiest way to see which weapons you've picked up are the best, even if your familiarity with another one is higher and therefore does more damage?

Also, after getting Magic up to 20 for carrying more elixirs, what's the best 'path' for levelling?

Generally speaking a higher level weapon of the same class will do higher base damage when familiarity becomes same. Only unless a lower level weapon has perks like mid stance attack 15%. Then you'd have to do some quick mental math to compare. You can sort your inventory to sort by level.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
But how many hours did you put in it before you stopped playing?

I feel similarly but am not the poster being quoted. I put 40-ish hours in before fizzling out(did every possible mission up through region 4). Just kind of ran out of surprises or ideas in both opposition and level layout. Bosses were fine, but a great combat system only goes so far without proper foes to utilize it.

Think I just need an extended break for now. I really loved and adored the first 15 or so hours, but the 20 after was a steady decline to eventually me just moving on entirely.

Raven117

Gold Member
I feel similarly but am not the poster being quoted. I put 40-ish hours in before fizzling out(did every possible mission up through region 4). Just kind of ran out of surprises or ideas in both opposition and level layout. Bosses were fine, but a great combat system only goes so far without proper foes to utilize it.

Think I just need an extended break for now. I really loved and adored the first 15 or so hours, but the 20 after was a steady decline to eventually me just moving on entirely.

Funny...This is exactly where I am both in the game and mentally. Doesn't help that Horizon and Zelda are out this week either.

1st pic was everyone still complaining about OT1 title. Second is oh shit sloth. 3rd is infinite living weapon.

Edit: 3rd should be you can't do this in a souls game. I was trying to sum up the 1st OT.

The first picture should be "Oh it's a Souls game."
The second picture should be "Oh it's a character action game!"
The last picture should be "I've created my ultimate weapon after 100 rerolls!"

Geist-

Finally beat the game, ending was great
and left it clearly open for a sequel.
However, the final bosses were really easy, surprisingly, and I didn't even use Sloth (never got my magic high enough even at the end). It might be because the Kusarigama is the shit and decimates everything it touches, but I'm pretty sure the bosses were also just plain easy.

Btw, are 3 regions supposed to be unlocked right away in way of the strong? Do I need to just do the main missions to unlock the other regions or do I have to do all the side missions too?

Finally beat the game, ending was great
and left it clearly open for a sequel.
However, the final bosses were really easy, surprisingly, and I didn't even use Sloth (never got my magic high enough even at the end). It might be because the Kusarigama is the shit and decimates everything it touches, but I'm pretty sure the bosses were also just plain easy.

Btw, are 3 regions supposed to be unlocked right away in way of the strong? Do I need to just do the main missions to unlock the other regions or do I have to do all the side missions too?

Yes to your region question. And the ending is
leading into the dlc, which has already been confirmed to feature Date Masamune.

Edit: I didn't notice the second part of the question. I'm not really sure what you need to do specifically to unlock the next regions. I just did everything. People have been saying you only need a certain number completed in each region but I don't know specifically.

Hystzen

Going be interesting see how they deal with Date and Uesugi. I like how they showed how much a dick Ieyasu is and what they did with Mitsunai and his group.

Will we get Keji Medea as a kabuki or normal warrior will Kanetsugu Naoe drop his famous hat

Top Bottom